Islam What is the Central Message of the Quran?

DWA2DAY

convictions are worse Enemies of Truth than Lies!
Nov 12, 2016
Paarl Western Cape
✟20,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If john 3:16 is the central message to the Bible I was wondering what is the central message of the Quran? So I ask a Muslim friend of mine from the local Muslim Centre in Cape Town SA the question and he quickly responded with Surah (Chapter) 112. Which reads:-

“Say: He, Allah, is One,"
“Allah, the Eternal,"
“He begets not, nor is He begotten,"
“And there is none like unto Him.”

The oxford English dictionary defines beget as “cause to bring into existence by reproduction or cause something to exist, bring about. For example – violence begets violence or he died without begetting an heir. Clearly from this definition we must accept that God spoke and caused His creation into begin (Genesis 1) and did not run around making love in the blackness off space in order to create the world as we know it.

With this understanding Surah 112 then says that Allah is the One True eternal god who cannot beget (cause something to exist) and is simply just there, a one of a kind blob in space.

So then according to the Quran who created the world as we know it?

As a central message to the world I find it a bit weak and pointless.

Love to hear your comments.

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
“He begets not, nor is He begotten,"

I have always understood that the Muslim understanding of "beget" is to
cause to bring into existence by reproduction

The Quran refuses to accept that Christ was God's "only begotten Son" the way Christians believe. So God (Allah) is definitely the creator of the universe and everything in it, but Muslims deny that he "begot" Jesus.

At the same time there is a whole Surah named after Maryam (Mary the mother of Isa - Jesus). It is number 19. In the verses following 16 you can read of Allah's role in the birth of Jesus.

Vers. 20 Maryam said "How can I have a son when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?"
Vers 21 He (Gabriel) said "So it will be, your Lord said "That is easy for me: and we wish to appoint him (Isa) as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us..."
Vers 22 So she conceived him and she withdrew with him to a far place...

Verse 35 explains that it was/is not respectful to think that Allah "begot" a son by Mary.

Perhaps a Muslim reader will explain how Mary conceived while remaining chaste, in view of the fact that Allah sent Gabriel to announce Isa's birth to her. Was his conception not an act of God?

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So then according to the Quran who created the world as we know it?

You will find quite a few references to God as the creator in the Quran. Start with the first Surah
vs 20 "Allah has power over all things"
vs 21 O mankind! Worship your Lord Who created you and those who were before you...,
vs 22 Who has made the earth a resting place for you and the sky as a canopy and sent down water from the sky and brought for therewith fruits as a provision for you...
vs 29 He it is Who created for you all that is on earth...

Upvote 0

DWA2DAY

convictions are worse Enemies of Truth than Lies!
Nov 12, 2016
Paarl Western Cape
✟20,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have always understood that the Muslim understanding of "beget" is to .................

The Quran refuses to accept that Christ was God's "only begotten Son" the way Christians believe. So God (Allah) is definitely the creator of the universe and everything in it, but Muslims deny that he "begot" Jesus.

At the same time there is a whole Surah named after Maryam (Mary the mother of Isa - Jesus). It is number 19. In the verses following 16 you can read of Allah's role in the birth of Jesus.

Vers. 20 Maryam said "How can I have a son when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?"
Vers 21 He (Gabriel) said "So it will be, your Lord said "That is easy for me: and we wish to appoint him (Isa) as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us..."
Vers 22 So she conceived him and she withdrew with him to a far place...

Verse 35 explains that it was/is not respectful to think that Allah "begot" a son by Mary.

Perhaps a Muslim reader will explain how Mary conceived while remaining chaste, in view of the fact that Allah sent Gabriel to announce Isa's birth to her. Was his conception not an act of God?

Yes this is a very interesting question and one I am afraid a Muslim will not answer as if they do they will be forced to deny there faith. I have had this discussion once with a shop owner. Was a difficult discussion as he is a Samali Muslim, I do not speak Samli or Arabic and his English was bordering on basic.

None the less he was determined to show me that God did not have sex with Marry and thus proving Jesus was not the Son of God, to do this he pulled out his Arabic / English Quran opened it to the Surah Maryam and made me read it.

After agreeing with him this is my belief I asked him who then is the father of Jesus? After a long silence he grab me by the arm and took me to the local Mosque and introduced me to his Iman. To this day when I pass his shop he still refuses to answer the question and simply points to the Mosque, saying I do not have the answer that why I took you to Assad.

Upvote 0

Gokalp

Aug 9, 2020
California
✟7,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
As Muslims we do not believe Jesus has a father. God enabled Mary to have a child while she was still a virgin. Since God is omnipotent he has the power to do that. He created Adam with no father or mother, that does not not mean he is Adam's father. Likewise as Muslims we believe he is not Jesus's father. In the Bible, Jesus refers to God using the word father, we recognize that as the language of the time to signify respect for God.

As for the central message of the Quran, it is to believe that God is One, to establish prayer, enjoin good and forbid evil, and to know that humans were only created to worship God, with prayer and acts of good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0