What is the baptism or what does being baptized by fire mean...?

cannot be known

Aug 25, 2016
westernwashington
✟7,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
baptism was mentioned by Ezekiel in chapt 35, 36 or 37 iirc, but no one understood the fulfillment until John the baptist, who, if you are willing to accept it, is Elijah to come, fufilling some other prophecy, probably in Zecheriah.

Jesus later was careful to explain that if they repent, and follow his commands he will pray and the father will send them the comforter, who will not speak on his own authority, but what he hears from the Father He will speak..

ever wonder why Jesus had to explain to them that the Holy spirit isn't a demon? because that's just insane, that God would send his spirit to permanently reside in side humans..

to be honest, it took me a while to accept the possibility that the spirit of God could reside in me. honestly? that's creepy. at the time i was like, how can i possibly have sex with God inside me?! that's just insane. now i'm like, ok what’s the big deal.

anyhow, the disciples who had been given the Holy Spirit that Jesus breathed on them before he left the earth, they later met up with people in acts chapt 19 who had only received John the baptists baptism (which led to the repentance of sin). this is usually what is explained as the difference between the "fire" and "water" baptism.

the difference between fire and water is as night and day, but to the folks that received John's baptism, i would imagine what they received was as night and day compared to their previous existence.

read the book "the origin of consciousness in the breakdown of the bicameral mind", if you wish to go down this rabbit hole. trying to figure out what went on inside the minds of people that lived more than 2400 years ago is difficult. as far as i know, Peter who declared what he said in acts 17:30, was being rhetorical, and his comments offer no historical insight. God always required everyone everywhere to repent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Baptism of the Holy Spirit is also taught in John 7, it is a baptism, that the Holy Spirit still does today for those who believe in Him.

The Promise of the Holy Spirit
37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying,“If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Upvote 0

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

How does it happen...? What is the process of it, if it is a process...?

First Baptism performed by Hebrews when they crossed the Red Sea, they have been Baptized in Moses as the beginning of new life before entering the land of Canaan in which they will be subject to the Law of GOD and not of human beings.

Second baptism was performed every time when the priest sent people to wash their clothes and their bodies for the reason of cleansing themselves from illnesses and diseases, and also before specials Holidays when entire nations have to purify themselves in order to appear before the Lord.

Third Baptism was conducted by John the Baptist who prepared the way for Jesus Christ by baptizing people in water as it was done before, but this time not for removing dirt and physical uncleanness but cleansing of spiritual uncleanness, sins and transgressions before coming of Jesus Christ, to prepare people for purely spiritual life and worship of GOD.

Fourth Baptism is done by Jesus Christ in two ways, He Baptizing people with Holy Spirit, evidence of which recorder in all four Books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, and in the Book of Acts when people spoke languages, prophesied, and conducted all sorts of miracles and signs by the Holy Spirit of GOD.

Fifth Baptism of Jesus Christ conducted by fire means Baptism by tribulations, persecutions, imprisonment, torture, and even death for the name of Christ, and those who endure this Baptism to the end, will be save their souls. This most likely will happening world-wide during time of antichrist when he will present himself as the ultimate ruler of the world and as god, requiring obedience and worship of him as god.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've always interpreted the baptism by the Holy Spirit and fire that Jesus would bring as the refiner's fire (Matthew 3:11, Luke 3:16). The word translated as baptism is more precisely translated as immersion with the implication that it is not a short-term immersion (like getting dunked would be), which would imply the meaning is either of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit or the refiner's fire.

“See, I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,” says the LORD Almighty. But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap. He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the LORD will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness, (bold mine, Malachi 3:1-3, 1984 NIV)

Also see Deuteronomy 4:24, Hebrews 12:29, Isaiah 33:14, and a lot of other verses (some of them).

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Someone said this in another thread:

It's a good expressive chain of the necessity of 'bad things happening' occurring in our lives to produce the finalized form of 'very good': I wish everyone understood this. Philosophers have pondered 'why do bad things happen?' for ages and all I can think is, Really? This isn't completely obvious? No pain, no gain; it's a motto that everyone says yet somehow escapes us during the philosophy of 'why do bad things happen to good people'?

It can lead to the odd situation where someone is in tribulation and my initial thought is to say 'Praise God' but then I realize, they're not sharing this understanding. Or if I'm in tribulation and one says 'I hope things become easier for you' and I smile and say 'Thank you' but what I'm really thinking is, 'Don't do that, are you trying to rip me off of greater strength and endurance, patience and hope and faith? Pray to God that He ramp the fire up to eleven!'

I said this in response that applies to this thread:

Is that what may be also known as the "baptism by fire", if so, maybe you could post in this thread:

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...hat-does-being-baptized-by-fire-mean.7970949/

I Believe the "cup" with the wine, symbolizing his Blood, is also a symbol of the "fire" baptism we will go through following him and most of have gone through in this life to get to him... Drinking of it meaning that your volunteering to go through this, for his sake, and the sake of the "good news" or gospel message...

But, with him, it should be like, in Daniel, where they were thrown into the firey furnace, that was ramped up seven times hotter, they went in, but were unaffected, they were not burned or even singed, nor did they even smell of smoke, because they had him with them... It should be like that for us also in the firey trials and tribulations, and all the storms raging on outside of us, (also within) but all around us... Not being affected or moved by them at all, but knowing, maintaining and keeping hold of who we are in Christ, regardless of everything else...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

First Baptism performed by Hebrews when they crossed the Red Sea, they have been Baptized in Moses as the beginning of new life before entering the land of Canaan in which they will be subject to the Law of GOD and not of human beings.

Second baptism was performed every time when the priest sent people to wash their clothes and their bodies for the reason of cleansing themselves from illnesses and diseases, and also before specials Holidays when entire nations have to purify themselves in order to appear before the Lord.

Third Baptism was conducted by John the Baptist who prepared the way for Jesus Christ by baptizing people in water as it was done before, but this time not for removing dirt and physical uncleanness but cleansing of spiritual uncleanness, sins and transgressions before coming of Jesus Christ, to prepare people for purely spiritual life and worship of GOD.

Fourth Baptism is done by Jesus Christ in two ways, He Baptizing people with Holy Spirit, evidence of which recorder in all four Books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, and in the Book of Acts when people spoke languages, prophesied, and conducted all sorts of miracles and signs by the Holy Spirit of GOD.

Fifth Baptism of Jesus Christ conducted by fire means Baptism by tribulations, persecutions, imprisonment, torture, and even death for the name of Christ, and those who endure this Baptism to the end, will be save their souls. This most likely will happening world-wide during time of antichrist when he will present himself as the ultimate ruler of the world and as god, requiring obedience and worship of him as god.
Yes, the fifth one... But, what was not mentioned is the fight within also, like temptations, mental and emotional (spiritual) torment within, and getting mastery over our own selves from within...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, the fifth one... But, what was not mentioned is the fight within also, like temptations, mental and emotional (spiritual) torment within, and getting mastery over our own selves from within...

God Bless!
It's a good expressive chain of the necessity of 'bad things happening' occurring in our lives to produce the finalized form of 'very good': I wish everyone understood this. Philosophers have pondered 'why do bad things happen?' for ages and all I can think is, Really? This isn't completely obvious? No pain, no gain; it's a motto that everyone says yet somehow escapes us during the philosophy of 'why do bad things happen to good people'?

It can lead to the odd situation where someone is in tribulation and my initial thought is to say 'Praise God' but then I realize, they're not sharing this understanding. Or if I'm in tribulation and one says 'I hope things become easier for you' and I smile and say 'Thank you' but what I'm really thinking is, 'Don't do that, are you trying to rip me off of greater strength and endurance, patience and hope and faith? Pray to God that He ramp the fire up to eleven!'

Is that what may be also known as the "baptism by fire", if so, maybe you could post in this thread:

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...hat-does-being-baptized-by-fire-mean.7970949/

I Believe the "cup" with the wine, symbolizing his Blood, is also a symbol of the "fire" baptism we will go through following him and most of have gone through in this life to get to him... Drinking of it meaning that your volunteering to go through this, for his sake, and the sake of the "good news" or gospel message...

But, with him, it should be like, in Daniel, where they were thrown into the firey furnace, that was ramped up seven times hotter, they went in, but were unaffected, they were not burned or even singed, nor did they even smell of smoke, because they had him with them... It should be like that for us also in the firey trials and tribulations, and all the storms raging on outside of us, but all around us... Not being affected or moved by them at all, but knowing, maintaining and keeping hold of who we are in Christ, regardless of everything else...

God Bless!

I do believe so, yes. The fiery trial, the purging of the gold; counterpart to the immersion in the Spirit which cleanses the mind of the dross of, the carnal mind. You mentioned, drinking of the cup, meaning that you're volunteering to go through this. It's such a simple understanding, but one which wasn't given to me in a certain moment; there was a time someone said to me, "If you chose this, why are you running?" and I wondered, how did I choose this? But now; in the light of what you mentioned. But, yeah. We're on the same page.

Well, we chose it, when we chose to truly follow Christ and walk in his ways, and follow his path, for he told us all about it, in scripture, though many considered it only blindly, and in ignorance, myself included... It wasn't until I was experiencing, and had experienced, and had gone through some of it, and was coming out of it, looking back, which is where I am now, that I really started to "see" it...

He told us that we would go through trials, tribulations, persecutions, ect... But, many only applied this to things that would come from "outside" and failed to consider the "within" part of that as well... Trials, tribulations, temptations, sufferings, miseries, anguish, pain, torment, ect, ect, basically, a kind of hell on earth... Both from outside, and also "within" our own selves... Or, things from the outside that could cause these things to happen, rise up, and affect us from within...

Jesus told Paul, that he would show Paul, how many things he would have to go through and suffer for his namesake, though exactly what and the exact details of what he showed and told Paul, are not recorded, but we do get to see what he had to go through, from the outside in scripture, but few details of the "within" part are not expounded or in very much detail by Paul, though we can see glimpses of what he must have been going through, within, from scripture, where he says, "miserable man that I am" "when I seek to do what is good, I find what is bad in me", ect, ect, so on, and so forth...

I think God uses it for our edification, and sanctification, and his glory though, and can have many positive things come out of it, with him in and with you, that is... And, I think, it what keeps us "free from the hour of testing" that is to come upon the whole earth in end times, spoken of in (Revelation 3:10), having already experienced it, gone through it, dealt with it, and made it out of it already, with his help and with him, of course... Also, I think is how we get to take part in the first resurrection, and are "not harmed" or hurt or affected by, the second death, which it says for those taking part in the first resurrection, the second death has "no power"... (Revelation 20:4-6) (Revelation 2:11)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, you right Neogaia, Baptism by fire can also mean and all the temptations, obsessions, mania, and passions, all of which can drive us away from the Lord, included church’s and denominational indoctrinations. Sure, in this sense the Baptism by fire has much larger and wider meaning.

You also right when you mentioned “DRINKING THE CUP.” This metaphor has been presented number of times under different context. For example, “the cup of the wrath of GOD” mentioned quite often in the Old Testament and in some places of the N.T. But under the context you mentioned, indeed it can be interpreted as a test of faith and as Baptism by fire.

Matthew 20.23

23.He said to them, "My cup you shall drink, but to sit on My right and on My left this is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by My Father."

Baptism - the Greek word is BAPTISMOS (literally, "dipping"), which can be translated "washing.”

Source: Compact Bible Dictionary, Ronald.F. Youngblood, F.F. Bruce, R.K. Harrison.

Psalms 34.19

19.Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord rescues them from them all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Comments...?

God Bless!

The ONE and ONLY Baptism is the "submersion" of man into the Spirit of God. By the Spirit, you will either be refined to Eternal Perfection (Hebrews 10:14) to live eternally with God or you will be Destroyed forever, eternally tormented in the Lake of Fire (Revelation 20:14-15, Matthew 25:46). Whether you're refined to Perfection or Burned eternally depends simply yet PROFOUNDLY on whether you have been sprinkled with the Holy Blood of the Spotless Lamb of God, Jesus Christ.

As it is written
"The soul who sins shall die. " Ezekiel 18:20

and again Jesus said "And these [the wicked] will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life" Matthew 25:46

"The lake of fire is the second death. Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:14-15

BUT THE Good News!!!!!!

"And almost all things are purified with blood, by law, and without shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness." Hebrews 9:22

"I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more" Isaiah 43:25

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The ONE and ONLY Baptism is the "submersion" of man into the Spirit of God. By the Spirit, you will either be refined to Eternal Perfection (Hebrews 10:14) to live eternally with God or you will be Destroyed forever, eternally tormented in the Lake of Fire (Revelation 20:14-15, Matthew 25:46). Whether you're refined to Perfection or Burned eternally depends simply yet PROFOUNDLY on whether you have been sprinkled with the Holy Blood of the Spotless Lamb of God, Jesus Christ.

As it is written
"The soul who sins shall die. " Ezekiel 18:20

and again Jesus said "And these [the wicked] will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life" Matthew 25:46

"The lake of fire is the second death. Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:14-15

BUT THE Good News!!!!!!

"And almost all things are purified with blood, by law, and without shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness." Hebrews 9:22

"I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more" Isaiah 43:25
What does it mean to if you have been "sprinkled with the Holy Blood of the Spotless Lamb of God, Jesus Christ." Is that a literal thing, or symbolic of something...? If it is symbolic, what does it mean...?

It's impossible to be completely free from sin, while still in the flesh, and in this sinful, wicked world the way it is... "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" and "if we say we have no sin, we make him (God, Christ) a liar, and the truth (or the Spirit of God, in this world) is not in (or with) us..."

What does submersion into the Spirit of God mean...? Can it be water or fire, or is it, or does it have to be one or the other, or both...?

Who is it up to whether we are refined or destroyed, are you not talking about the baptism by fire in this case, or not...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, you right Neogaia, Baptism by fire can also mean and all the temptations, obsessions, mania, and passions, all of which can drive us away from the Lord, included church’s and denominational indoctrinations. Sure, in this sense the Baptism by fire has much larger and wider meaning.

You also right when you mentioned “DRINKING THE CUP.” This metaphor has been presented number of times under different context. For example, “the cup of the wrath of GOD” mentioned quite often in the Old Testament and in some places of the N.T. But under the context you mentioned, indeed it can be interpreted as a test of faith and as Baptism by fire.

Matthew 20.23

23.He said to them, "My cup you shall drink, but to sit on My right and on My left this is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by My Father."

Baptism - the Greek word is BAPTISMOS (literally, "dipping"), which can be translated "washing.”

Source: Compact Bible Dictionary, Ronald.F. Youngblood, F.F. Bruce, R.K. Harrison.

Psalms 34.19

19.Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord rescues them from them all.
Hey, thanks... You mean I'm actually right about something for once, great...?

Can Baptism the "dipping" or "washing", can it also mean "cleansing" or "purifying", like you'd purify precious metals in a fire...?

Much thanks,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does it mean to if you have been "sprinkled with the Holy Blood of the Spotless Lamb of God, Jesus Christ." Is that a literal thing, or symbolic of something...? If it is symbolic, what does it mean...?

It's impossible to be completely free from sin, while still in the flesh, and in this sinful, wicked world the way it is... "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" and "if we say we have no sin, we make him (God, Christ) a liar, and the truth (or the Spirit of God, in this world) is not in (or with) us..."

What does submersion into the Spirit of God mean...? Can it be water or fire, or is it, or does it have to be one or the other, or both...?

Who is it up to whether we are refined or destroyed, are you not talking about the baptism by fire in this case, or not...?

God Bless!

Do you ask for yourself, or for another?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Can Baptism the "dipping" or "washing", can it also mean "cleansing" or "purifying", like you'd purify precious metals in a fire...?"

Baptism is not cleansing or purification, for such things as cleansing and purification we need blood of the sacrifice, by which priests have been sprinkled in order to purify themselves and attend the service.

At the Day of Atonement blood was sprinkled on the Ark of the Covenant, on Tabernacle, on all items of the Sanctuary, and on high priest himself, ones a year, to cleanse and purify all these things. People on the other hand had to wash their bodies and clothes and appear before GOD, all these was done ones a year, beside other occasions when the blood have to be sprinkled on any object or human being firing the special ceremonies.

Baptism as the symbolic ritual does not purify anything, it is just a ritual, a promise, considered as oath, that you will remove, “cleanse” if you wish, your old-self from your ungodly desires, habits, obsessions, and temptation, and be a new, renewed, human being and live only according to GOD’S principals and ideals.

Another word, baptism is the promise to GOD of good conscience.

Baptism as a confession of sin and as repentance of sins.

Matthew 3.5-6.11

5.Then Jerusalem was going out to him and all Judea, and all the district around the (river) Jordan,

6.and they were being baptized by him in the Jordan River as they confessed their sins.

11.As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He Who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals, He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Luke 3.2-22

2.in the high priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas, the word of GOD came to John the son of Zechariah (Luke 1.5), in the wilderness.

3.And he came into all the district around the (river) Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins,

Acts 13.24-25

24."After, John (John the Baptist) had proclaimed before His coming a baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel,

Acts 19.4

4.And Paul said, "John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him Who was coming after him, that is in Jesus."

Baptism also associated with the death of Christ, means that we had been baptized into life and into death of Christ, so we would live like Him, and if it comes, die like Him.

Romans 6.3-4

3.Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?

4.Therefore, we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

Baptism also an appeal to GOD for a good conscience.

1Peter 3.21

21.And corresponding to that baptism, now saves you not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to GOD for a good conscience through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

By looking closer how Jesus was Baptized, it is also evident that He Himself undergo three different Baptisms.

First Baptism was by water from John.

Second Baptism was by the Holy Spirit when GOD Father descended on Him in the form of Dove, and Jesus was filled by Holy Spirit of His Father and was able to perform great miracles and signs.

Third Baptism of Jesus was by “fire” when He was crucified on the cross.

So He endured all three forms of Baptism and showed to us example of endurance, dedication, loyalty, and faith to His Father GOD and to all Laws and Commandments of the Mighty GOD.

Baptism by “fire”

Luke 12.50

50."But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distresses I am until it is accomplished!"

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Comments...?

God Bless!

Baptism is the Sacrament or Holy Mystery instituted by Jesus Christ as the normative means by which we are made members of His Church and receive the benefits of His all-sufficient work. Namely Baptism is the word and promise of God connected to water, and as such it accomplishes what it conveys: So as Scripture teaches that all who are baptized are baptized into Christ's death, are buried with Him, and raised together with Him to new life this Baptism accomplishes this very thing on account of the word of God which says this is what happens. Ordinary water can not accomplish such things, but God has deigned that this water, connected as it is with His word and promise, accomplishes exactly what He says it accomplishes. So that all which is said of Baptism in Scripture is, indeed, certainly true.

"Baptism with fire" is the second part of what St. John the Baptist says concerning the coming of the Messiah, that "He who comes after me will baptize with the Spirit and with fire". The first part "baptize with the Holy Spirit" is, in the Acts of the Apostles, connected to what occurred on Pentecost; that even as Christ tells His followers to remain in Jerusalem until they have received the promise from the Father, and specifically, "you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." It is this outpouring of the Spirit on Pentecost that is the baptism with the Holy Spirit which John had mentioned, and so it was fulfilled on that day. Again, when a second such event occurs for the Gentiles St. Peter points out the same, "And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them just as it had upon us at the beginning. And I remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said, ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ If then God gave them the same gift that he gave us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could hinder God?” (Acts 11:15-17). Namely, the baptism with the Holy Spirit is what took place at the founding of the Church--the giving of the Spirit for the empowering of the Church, on Pentecost and also--as a sign of acceptance of the Gentiles--at Cornelius' house.

Which leaves what "Baptism with fire" means. It could refer to what we see in Acts 2, where with the giving of the Spirit there appeared what seemed to be "tongues of fire". Others have suggested that this refers figuratively to either persecution and martyrdom, or even the coming Judgment at Christ's glorious appearing at the end. I tend to lean toward "Baptism with the Holy Spirit and with fire" as referring to one and the same thing, that is, the giving of the Spirit on Pentecost.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

delaD3

Oct 24, 2016
pacific
✟15,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Comments...?

God Bless!
Isaiah 5:24
"Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel."

Acts 2:3
"And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them."

Evangelism outside of Israel did not happen until The Apostles were baptized in the Upper Room.

Upvote 0

Celestial Warrior

Nov 19, 2016
sutton wv usa
✟8,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Comments...?

God Bless!
Our Heavenly Father blessed me with this experience. For me it occurred on January 11, 2014 and I will never forget it.

What I am about to describe came suddenly and without prior notice. If you have ever had an MRI, your body feels like it is taking a warm bath from the inside out. The Baptism by fire feels like that, like warm water rushing throughout your entire body. I remember falling to my knees when this happened and I began to speak the following words involuntarily (kind of like speaking in tongues)

I said: "Thank you Father, for we are delivered."

The sensation lasted about an Hour I believe and I also believe that the First Resurrection occurred on that date because of the words that I spoke during the experience. The First Resurrection is for the Dead in Christ and it is that "secret rapture" that we have been taught is to come. It is only for the Dead in Christ who have been sleeping since our Lord ascended to our Heavenly Father.

Upvote 0

more4less

Nov 23, 2016
Houston Tx
✟29,971.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Comments...?

God Bless!
Baptism means consecrate, immersion and cleanse. When the Hebrews were in the wilderness. God had told Moses to consecrate the people for three days. But they had washed their clothes and bath themselves and did not have sex with their spouses for those three days. And on the third day, God had came to talk to them. But some of the people couldn't here him, but only they heard the sounds of trumpets. I believes that the reason why is that their heart wasn't pure, cleansed from worldly desires. That is why some people goes on a fast from worldly desires like food, sex and material desires. So that they can meditate on God. And so God is going to cleanse our soul by pouring His spirit in us so that we will have a heart like His.

Isaiah 4:4 The Lord will wash away the filth of the women of Zion; he will cleanse the bloodstains from Jerusalem by a spirit of judgment and a spirit of fire.

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

Matthew 13:15 For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’

Matthew 12:34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

Romans 2:29 No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.

Romans 5:5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Acts 13:22 After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.’

Upvote 0