Austin, Texas
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They were drunk.

Thanks for that add brother.

It does seem so from Lev 10:9. And it reminds me of the problem in I cor 11.

27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. 30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.
33 Therefore, my brethren, when you come together to eat, wait for one another. 34 But if anyone is hungry, let him eat at home, lest you come together for judgment. And the rest I will set in order when I come.

Bless you.

Upvote 0

aWalkbyFaith

Sep 17, 2013
Austin, Texas
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First up, we cannot cleanse ourselves - ever. That was accomplished by Jesus completely and forever. Sure, we can recognise areas where we need to change in some way but that must never obscure the fact of th egift of righteousness we already have.

Reminds me of Heb 10:14
"For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified."

Bless you.

Upvote 0

aWalkbyFaith

Sep 17, 2013
Austin, Texas
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The principle of the two sons stretches from cover to cover, as well their names together meaning a liberal worship of the father/God, but not at the cost of their soul, which is our only acceptable sacrifice, the reasonable one never being fully offered without it.

Thanks for your contribution.

What is "liberal worship"?. I've seen many different moves of God. And in some of those "liberal" looking ones that I first doubted.. I saw lives changed, people professing Christ not only as their savior but as their master. Many times what I've seen is that everything was probably not of God. And I say probably because it sure takes a lot of discernment to know the difference, even for those that claim the greatest discernment. If tares are growing among the wheat, should we then shut off the wheat because of the tares.. The bible is clear, the church of Corinth had some huge problems as did other churches. And Paul wasn't saying he was going to go in there and shut down their worship services. He didn't call them false prophets/teachers because there were some that were in obvious iniquity. Nor did he accuse them of blasphemy of the "unpardonable sin", blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. There is mention of one guy that was sleeping with his father's wife and they were boasting about it. Paul had him kicked out. But he wept over them in prayers, as a father would weep over his children when they are in troubles.

Bless you brother.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your contribution.

What is "liberal worship"?. I've seen many different moves of God.

The worship Jesus was speaking of (not defined by the church's current perception of this word), was how he walked the truth out by being it. (there is a difference between knowing about something but never coming to the truth by being it which is what the true knowledge of this is, the difference is found between the two perceptions of Pentecost and Tabernacles). For Jesus, the son of man was the son of God, or "I am" or in which Paul reinforces by, a mind that is equal with God, as if it were not a strange thing, in fact to not have this is robbing God, or this Truth in you as much as this is the picture of the scenario and it's out come in the first garden, and how our soul rules over us, being the very thing that does not allow us to enter, hence a cross, or cup for every son.

God started with one and then brought it back by narrowing it back down to one again. Each of us are this one, with our own cross, for our own soul, complete with a serpent in our path that becomes the sacrifice much like the picture of the ram caught in the thicket.

These things are not about something happening outside of us, but how this same book is being opened in us as it was in Jesus.

Upvote 0

aWalkbyFaith

Sep 17, 2013
Austin, Texas
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
False, evil fire:
James 3
See how great a forest a little fire kindles! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. 8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God.

And the Holy Spirit is the only One who can tame our tongue.

But I think what they mean with it is fake fire:
http://topmanteca.org/userFiles/847/azusa_street_prophecies.pdf

Thanks Messy.

I think about that that quite a bit. That tongue sure is powerful. One that has stayed with me over the years is Proverbs 18:21 "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit."

And thanks for that link. Yes it does seem that way, Christians accusing other Christians of having fake fire, as you said, suggesting that the Holy Spirit is not really among them. <- Ouch. I believe it has gone as far as the some saying that the others are not even Christian. :(

That brings up some topics: Can anyone confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh without the Holy Spirit? So then if the Lord has begun a work in a person that has confessed Christ, then if we go in and discredit that by saying they are not really Christian, do we align ourselves against the work of Christ? Isn't that a line we should walk very carefully..

Bless you.

Upvote 0

aWalkbyFaith

Sep 17, 2013
Austin, Texas
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The worship Jesus was speaking of (not defined by the church's current perception of this word), was how he walked the truth out by being it. (there is a difference between knowing about something but never coming to the truth by being it which is what the true knowledge of this is, the difference is found between the two perceptions of Pentecost and Tabernacles). For Jesus, the son of man was the son of God, or "I am" or in which Paul reinforces by, a mind that is equal with God, as if it were not a strange thing, in fact to not have this is robbing God, or this Truth in you as much as this is the picture of the scenario and it's out come in the first garden, and how our soul rules over us, being the very thing that does not allow us to enter, hence a cross, or cup for every son.

God started with one and then brought it back by narrowing it back down to one again. Each of us are this one, with our own cross, for our own soul, complete with a serpent in our path that becomes the sacrifice much like the picture of the ram caught in the thicket.

These things are not about something happening outside of us, but how this same book is being opened in us as it was in Jesus.

Thanks brother. That's some pretty deep stuff you just let out. :)

I like how you stated that, and I'm paraphrasing 'worship is the truth being lived out in us'.

That reminds me of 2Cor 3:3 "clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart."

Bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have to look no further than Jesus to understand the worship of spirit and truth he became to the Father, a son in whom he was well pleased, into which he entered into by faith, no different than you or me.

To be honest with on the deep thing, I am holding back, a son inherits all things, which is not a statement meant for some other time other than in the present, but is true for every son, whether they understand this yet or not.

When you come to this, you will begin to understand what the words mean when he said he would pour out a blessing that cannot be contained, which speaks to our soul.

Strange fire appears in many forms, all of which relate to our soul and it's perception of a lie as being the truth, or/as something that looks like a lamb but speaks like a dragon, or looks like the garden of God, but only before the desolation of the two cities. These all speak to the same thing, cities relate to the woman as the woman relates to our soul.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tyler G. Johnson

Just to be clear, I am filled with a Strange Fire. The fire of God is nothing but strangely wonderful. I am also a "grace preacher" that believes in a "grace gospel". What gospel to do you have unless it is a gospel of grace? And what kind of grace is there other than grace that is "exaggerated" and excessive? It doesn't get more gracious of God, more excessively over the top, or more strange than Jesus Christ dying on a cross.

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
And what kind of grace is there other than grace that is "exaggerated" and excessive?

The kind that thinks people can live in sin, without repenting, and still go to Heaven.

This cancer is being taught all over the world and it is a false Gospel that does not teach the New Birth and walking in the Holy Ghost.

Hebrews 10:22-30
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. (extreme grace teachers like to quote v.22 and imply that no matter your lifestyle you shouldn't be concerned about living in sin...but they never continue reading what is found below...or, they redefine sin as being no big deal - even being lovers of fleshly pleasure which is the Doctrine of the Nicolaitans which God hates as shown in Revelation 2:6, and 2:15)
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised )
And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongs unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

*Concerning verse 26 - This applies as long as we choose to live in sin as some today have chosen to do thinking it doesn't matter since they have been born-again since they think they are going to Heaven anyway.... but, if a person acknowledges their sin and asks for forgiveness with repentance (turn away from sin - admit it, and quit it)...
He will abundantly pardon! (see Isaiah 55:7)

Hebrews 10:35-39
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward.
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, My soul shall have no pleasure in him.
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Apparently, it is possible to "draw back unto perdition" meaning it's possible to turn away from God and no longer be saved due to rejecting having a relationship with God by walking in faith.

Hebrews 12:13-17
And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Some people confuse God's intention for OSAS to be true, without recognizing that since we have free will some will turn away from the Lord and go to hell because they refused to repent and come back to the Lord and stay in their relationship with Him... opting for the pleasures of this life over the Lord.

The Bible foretells that some would do this in the last days...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The kind that thinks people can live in sin, without repenting, and still go to Heaven.
No, that's false grace and twisting the letters of Paul. Extreme grace is getting a revelation He loves you unconditionally, so you don't want to sin anymore. His grace leads to repentance.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
What is it?

I've heard so many different interpretations.

People point to Jesus saying:
" God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.&#8221;

I've often heard this passage used in a way that implies that we need to first go cleanse ourselves and wipe away our own sin before we can come to God. How can anyone do that? Why would we expect anyone to be able to do that without first coming to Jesus. Isn't God the one that purifies our hearts, by grace through faith in Jesus Christ?

Let's have a discussion..

Bless you.

Leviticus 10:1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took each of them his censer, and put fire therein, and laid incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the Lord, which He had not commanded them.

Strange fire is unconsecrated fire, not from the Divinely (the fire that God lit) kindled flames on the Altar. On the very day of the consecration of the Sanctuary they ventured to change an essential of the Service in obedience to a momentary whim (they lit their own fire). In the circumstances, and in view of their office, it constituted an unpardonable offence. It is followed by an injunction that the priests were not to drink intoxicating liquor before performing their duties. They also did not consult with Moses or Aaron in taking the step they did....deliberate disregard of their elders.

I believe that the churches "doing their own thing", things that are opposite of God's instructions are offering "strange fire" to the Lord.

My opinion of course but scripture (OT and NT based) :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0