What is Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton so afraid of?

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Both have stated in their debates that as president one of their first tasks is they would shut down Citizens United. I've never heard any Republican nominee say they would shut down Move On.org

What are they so scared of?

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They're referring to the Supreme Court case, not the actual organization.

And yes, I suspect you're trolling.

I have 10,000 more post than you, nope, not a troll. Now someone who makes about four posts a year........

I wasn't aware of the Supreme Court case. I'll check it out.

Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
They're scared of diversity. Have you seen the Democrat contenders? Old and white!

smh!
Citizens United has nothing to do with diversity. Looks like you too need Google.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Both have stated in their debates that as president one of their first tasks is they would shut down Citizens United. I've never heard any Republican nominee say they would shut down Move On.org

What are they so scared of?
Probably corporations having complete control of elections. Though I have my doubts about Clinton's sincerity in the matter.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I wasn't aware of the Supreme Court case.
That would explain your confusion.

Citizens United (the court case) basically removed any and all limits on political contributions. Given how our country is already basically a plutocracy, this is not a good thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Someone with over 14,000 posts in this place and who wants to be thought of as having some sort of conservative insight into politics doesn't know what Citizens United is? He might have thought he was credible in what he says, but this just takes the cake and shows just what is what. That sort of thing might pass on facebook, but we are a little more sophisticated here.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Someone with over 14,000 posts in this place and who wants to be thought of as having some sort of conservative insight into politics doesn't know what Citizens United is? He might have thought he was credible in what he says, but this just takes the cake and shows just what is what. That sort of thing might pass on facebook, but we are a little more sophisticated here.
And we are still the internet. A sophisticated internet is kind of like a velociraptor with a tophat.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
They're referring to the Supreme Court case, not the actual organization..

In other words, "Why do they say they'll 'shut down' a Supreme Court decision, when that's patently impossible?"

Because their devotees will believe anything, I suppose.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
In other words, "Why do they say they'll 'shut down' a Supreme Court decision, when that's patently impossible?"
They're aiming for a constitutional amendment. Unlikely, sure, but not impossible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
They didn't say overturn, they said shut down.
So by "Citizens United" the reference is to the organization rather than to the common term for the Supreme Court case? If so, how would "shutting down" accomplish anything much? Or is that promise just more fodder dished up to the gullible voter?

Upvote 0