Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think Proverbs 31 spells it out pretty well. She's a woman of integrity and honor and hard work. She brings honor to her husband and his household, and is praised among men. She helps to provide food and clothes for her family, and her family's servants. And this was all written by a man.

I can't say that I've reached a point yet where I could call myself a "real" woman...but I strive to do better everyday.

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think Proverbs 31 spells it out pretty well. She's a woman of integrity and honor and hard work. She brings honor to her husband and his household, and is praised among men. She helps to provide food and clothes for her family, and her family's servants. And this was all written by a man.

I can't say that I've reached a point yet where I could call myself a "real" woman...but I strive to do better everyday.

^This.

She's always been my example - though I am far from it. :)
And while I take my role of "woman" seriously, I love being a woman. My femininity is precious to me, my role in my marrige, as wife, and soon to be mother is the greatest achievement I could wish for.

Women are such special creatures and we can do such amazing things.

So what is a real woman? A woman who is happy with who she is, her God-given role and a blessing to others.
That's what I strive for, anyway. :)

Peace,
- Niffer

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
^This.

She's always been my example - though I am far from it. :)
And while I take my role of "woman" seriously, I love being a woman. My femininity is precious to me, my role in my marrige, as wife, and soon to be mother is the greatest achievement I could wish for.

Women are such special creatures and we can do such amazing things.

So what is a real woman? A woman who is happy with who she is, her God-given role and a blessing to others.
That's what I strive for, anyway. :)

Peace,
- Niffer

Well said. :)

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone ever heard "real woman" used derisively about someone who is, well, not petite lets say? "Now she is a REAL WOMAN......"

Thats not a nice thing, Im just sayin, be careful that it not be taken as such since thats sadly not an uncommon reference, well, when I was younger I encountered it some

kinda like a real man having to do with back hair that shoots up out of the shirt collar in back

Upvote 0

2thePoint

Looking Up
May 19, 2005
Visit site
✟16,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the Prov. 31 woman: she is a business owner, manages employees, sells to international merchants, is known not for being a doormat but for wisdom, not a weak and helpless damsel in distress but a strong and energetic worker, she has an eye for quality, and her husband praises her instead of telling her to get behind him and know her place. She is her own person, not an afterthought or secretary, and held in high esteem by God and man. Her husband isn't afraid of her strength, business success, or sharp mind, or of her being in very obvious charge of the household. She even inspects and purchases real estate without consulting him, and he trusts her judgment.

That's a real woman!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard that comment too Cons..these days how I look at that is not that its 'not a nice thing to say"..I just feel sorry for the one who says that and is under the impression thats what makes a "real woman"..I fear for their future with women going in with such a ..well..lets say immature belief set in place..

Even my son who had commented that he "wished S(the mother of his son)..would 'act more like a lady"..as to her level of interest in sexual intimacy..and he also commented..and sometimes I wish she would just act more "like a girl" like "wear a dress or sometimes"..

I was embarrsed and ashamed of him.. :o

Another example of the misconceptions and problems that sterotyping and generatlities can cause.He was disspointed and thought somethign was "wrong with her" normal..healthy behavior ..and her preferences as an individual...

Dallas

Upvote 0

Paul.

I think therefore I post
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2008
Australia
✟148,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
What is a REAL woman?

What indeed?
One that is not (dramatic pause) imaginary. But seriously, every woman is a REAL woman. To suggest that any woman was not a REAL woman would not be acceptable in my opinion. I do not think that you are suggesting that but I am unsure about what you mean by the phrase “REAL woman.”

When you say “REAL woman,” what do you mean?

Reactions: dinonum
Upvote 0

Created2Write

His Pink Princess
Mar 12, 2010
Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe he means, what is a respectable woman? Just because a man has a *ahem* doesn't mean he's a "real" man. I wouldn't call a coward a real man, even though we was born with certain genitals. Nor would I call a gossiping lady a "real" woman, even though she's doing something women are known for.

So, by "real" I think he means respectable.

Upvote 0

Fran75

May 3, 2011
Mason Dixon line
✟8,809.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
One that is not (dramatic pause) imaginary. But seriously, every woman is a REAL woman. To suggest that any woman was not a REAL woman would not be acceptable in my opinion. I do not think that you are suggesting that but I am unsure about what you mean by the phrase “REAL woman.”

When you say “REAL woman,” what do you mean?

:thumbsup: Well said thank you. I don't hear that term used much but as some who can't have childern when I hear other women talking about thier pregnancies and or child birth sometimes think well I guess I'll never be a real women but it doesn't bother me too much any more. I am fostering to adopt a new born and he was six pounds at birth, I can not tell you how many women have asked how much he wieghed at birth, told me I was lucky and proceeded to to brag about how much bigger their babies were I just laugh and say he didn't come out of me, maybe I would brag too if I squeezed a 10 pounder out of body.

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour

That would mean that single women can't be real women.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Created2Write

His Pink Princess
Mar 12, 2010
Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That would mean that single women can't be real women.

:doh:

C2W said:

The bolded parts indicate things that do not require a "real" woman to be married. Marriage doesn't give a woman honor or integrity. A woman of hard work was a hard worker before she married. She had those things before she married. :doh:

Upvote 0

Fran75

May 3, 2011
Mason Dixon line
✟8,809.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe he means, what is a respectable woman? Just because a man has a *ahem* doesn't mean he's a "real" man. I wouldn't call a coward a real man, even though we was born with certain genitals. Nor would I call a gossiping lady a "real" woman, even though she's doing something women are known for.

I'm sure you are right, I think that is what he means too or perhaps he means a masculine man or a femanine woman but to me a "real" woman or man is simply one that is past puberty and has the appropriate parts.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The only thing is beign "respectable' is a personalitly trait based from observing of an individauls behavior...not a trait that defines someone in specific to gender.

And also the example a man /coward a woman/gossiper..makes them not respectable ie "real"..?

So is a man that gossips but isnt a coward still a respectable /real man?Or is a woman that is a coward but abstains from gossip respectable hence a real woman?:confused:

Dallas

Upvote 0

Created2Write

His Pink Princess
Mar 12, 2010
Oregon
✟13,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The only thing is beign "respectable' is a personalitly trait based from observing of an individauls behavior...not a trait that defines someone in specific to gender.

And also the example a man /coward a woman/gossiper..makes them not respectable ie "real"..?

So is a man that gossips but isnt a coward still a respectable /real man?Or is a woman that is a coward but abstains from gossip respectable hence a real woman?:confused:

Dallas

:doh:You missed the point completely.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But everyone has to admit..Proverbs 31 whole life...and description of her revolves around caring for her family and husband..I dont think that can be overlooked..
If she is used as the best example of a "real woman" ..I think it would be disenginuous to say ..."well she could be single'..every thing she is working for is caring for her family ..

If you use her as an example to say what a "real woman" DOES..how a real woman "acts"..it shoud only be one possible example..and only in refernce to a married woman with children.. IOW what a 'real married woman with children" is..

Dallas

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.