What holidays do you think should be forbidden for a Christian to participate in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Here’s a web search, there’s just too many links to list individually:
pagan roots of halloween at DuckDuckGo

Once again, too many to list:
pagan roots of christmas at DuckDuckGo

And again:
pagan roots of easter at DuckDuckGo

We are not to associate Christ with anything pagan.
The actual date and time of Christ’s birth remains unknown to us.
The shepherds were out in the fields with their sheep so it certainly wasn’t December 25th.
And the resurrection happened on Passover not Easter(Ishtar).
Jesus was the Passover lamb.

About lying:

1Jo 2:21 - I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

I can do a broad internet search with results that Jesus is nothing more than a pagan myth. Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

Mithra the Pagan Christ | Mithraism and Christianity | Mithras the Sun God

There ya go, that took me just a few seconds.

How about one that says the earth is flat? Boom The Flat Earth Society
How about one that says the moon landing was fake? How I Faked the Apollo Moon Landing
Lizard people? Check. David Icke Shop | Children of the Matrix by David Icke

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is even more scary is that the pharisee belief in their own interpretation was so strong that they felt they were always right and everyone else was always wrong....including Jesus.
You wont hear truth until you consider that you may not have it already.....and i dont see that happening. Good luck to you.
One guy I met that spent a lot of time with profesors at a Christian university said that basically, the more one has studied and meditated over scripture, the less sure they are of their opinion about ANYTHING in scripture other than the simple message of salvation.

I have also noticed that some of the least knowledgeable about the content of the bible are also often the ones with the strongest opinions. That is, by definition, dogmatism.

Upvote 0

Greg Logan

Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2015
✟50,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Obama but I just saw a recent one on Trump too by Kahn(I hope that is the correct spelling). Trump is being used as a reprieve.

Yeah - these are just prophecies of the flesh - and have no reality. Trump is a completely foul, anti-Christ individual who is full of boasting and an inveterate liar - a true child of Satan. These are words of anti-Christ flesh - completely partisan - and nothing to do with the Spirit of God. Evangelicals are masters of gullibility - sad to say...:-(

• Agree
Reactions: Almost there
Upvote 0

Trumpeter2

Servant of God and His Christ
Oct 10, 2017
Alberta
✟23,858.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah - these are just prophecies of the flesh - and have no reality.
The prophecies of a true prophet will come to pass.
And when this cometh to pass, (lo, it will come), then shall they know that a prophet hath been among them. ~ Ezekiel 33:33

The predictions of a false prophet will not come to pass.
When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously. Thou shalt not be afraid of him. ~ Deuteronomy 18:22

Upvote 0

Greg Logan

Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2015
✟50,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The prophecies of a true prophet will come to pass.
And when this cometh to pass, (lo, it will come), then shall they know that a prophet hath been among them. ~ Ezekiel 33:33

The predictions of a false prophet will not come to pass.
When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously. Thou shalt not be afraid of him. ~ Deuteronomy 18:22

Excellent text - that is why I disregard these prophecies - they are false. Trump is anti-Christ - and much more akin to the little horn setting himself up as God - in the place where he ought not be - with a mouth filled with great boasting (I trust you have seen his campaign speeches - etc, etc., etc. His boastful mouth from his arrogant heart never stops - God condemns boasting -

Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the LORD; be assured, he will not go unpunished.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Excellent text - that is why I disregard these prophecies - they are false. Trump is anti-Christ - and much more akin to the little horn setting himself up as God - in the place where he ought not be - with a mouth filled with great boasting (I trust you have seen his campaign speeches - etc, etc., etc. His boastful mouth from his arrogant heart never stops - God condemns boasting -

Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the LORD; be assured, he will not go unpunished.
I find it very difficult to read another man's heart. I propose that, to people who disagreed with him, Paul may have seemed clearly "arrogant in heart". Just as there is a difference between desire and greed, I believe there is a difference between self confidence and "arrogant in heart". And the latter is quite difficult to divine without knowing a person personally.

Upvote 0

Trumpeter2

Servant of God and His Christ
Oct 10, 2017
Alberta
✟23,858.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find it very difficult to read another man's heart. I propose that, to people who disagreed with him, Paul may have seemed clearly "arrogant in heart". Just as there is a difference between desire and greed, I believe there is a difference between self confidence and "arrogant in heart". And the latter is quite difficult to divine without knowing a person personally.
1Ki 8:39 - “then hear in heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive, and act, and give to everyone according to all his ways, whose heart You know (for You alone know the hearts of all the sons of men),

• Agree
Reactions: Almost there
Upvote 0

Greg Logan

Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2015
✟50,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Actually - in this case - all you needed to do is listen to him.... Out of the heart, the mouth speaks!

BTW - just curious, what did you think about the heart of Barack Obama?

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually - in this case - all you needed to do is listen to him.... Out of the heart, the mouth speaks!

BTW - just curious, what did you think about the heart of Barack Obama?
I didn't much think about his heart. I was keeping too much of an eye on what he did. Some friends asked me if he was the antichrist. I told them I doubted it, but if he was, we would know soon enough. And if he wasn't, history would not be kind to him.

Turns out it was the latter.

Upvote 0

Greg Logan

Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2015
✟50,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I didn't much think about his heart. I was keeping too much of an eye on what he did. Some friends asked me if he was the antichrist. I told them I doubted it, but if he was, we would know soon enough. And if he wasn't, history would not be kind to him.

Turns out it was the latter.

Funny - I kept an eye on him too - and generally was a pretty straight shoot - vastly - well you cannot even compare - more ethical than the corrupt, foul sewage that now is running our government. Not sure where you are getting your information.... I watch the behavior this sewage - and becomes more corrupt and rotten every day as God exposes that which has been done in the darkness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny - I kept an eye on him too - and generally was a pretty straight shoot - vastly - well you cannot even compare - more ethical than the corrupt, foul sewage that now is running our government. Not sure where you are getting your information.... I watch the behavior this sewage - and becomes more corrupt and rotten every day as God exposes that which has been done in the darkness.
I'm with you on a lot of that. I don't care what politicians say. I care what they do.

I remember back in high school (graduated in '72), during the height of the cold and Vietnam wars, how we could trust anything the president said, since anything said publicly was for the consumption of enemy nations. I still feel that way. It's why I focus on actions. It's why I left the R party during Dubyas term. I was very much a never-trumper during the primary and general elections, but as I watch the fallout from his election I find myself becoming a huge fan because of this one result: He's outing the biterness, anger and just plain wickedness of the left - and he is exposing the republicans in bed with them. e.g. poor McCain.

That alone is worth the price of admission.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting to see Obama's college transcripts, if only for comedy relief at this point.

I see Trump as our time's Churchill. We need him when he is the man for our time, and dump him right after.

Upvote 0

Greg Logan

Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2015
✟50,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm with you on a lot of that. I don't care what politicians say. I care what they do.

I remember back in high school (graduated in '72), during the height of the cold and Vietnam wars, how we could trust anything the president said, since anything said publicly was for the consumption of enemy nations. I still feel that way. It's why I focus on actions. It's why I left the R party during Dubyas term. I was very much a never-trumper during the primary and general elections, but as I watch the fallout from his election I find myself becoming a huge fan because of this one result: He's outing the biterness, anger and just plain wickedness of the left - and he is exposing the republicans in bed with them. e.g. poor McCain.

That alone is worth the price of admission.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting to see Obama's college transcripts, if only for comedy relief at this point.

I see Trump as our time's Churchill. We need him when he is the man for our time, and dump him right after.

You must be a heckuva comedian.... Churchhill despite his weaknesses - was a decent statesman in many respects. Trump does not have a clue - knows nothing of administering the US - and could care less - simply cares about what he suck from the public trough - along with the swamp he has continued to fill - far worse than any of his predecessors.

Trump is leading the most corrupt administration in U.S. history, one of first-class kleptocrats

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Here’s a web search
No offense, but I come into forums to have discussions with people, not to click on links. If I want to surf the web, I can do that on my own. If you want to go back and form your own replies, I'll be happy to hear what you have to say in your own words. shalom.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,515,014.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread will remain closed for persistent flaming and goading.
which are forbidden for CF members to participate in.​
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.