What have you found to watch, that does not suck and is family friendly ?

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Media as a rule is not God honoring nor was it ever designed for that purpose. It's meant to control the people and make the rich richer and let the people of the earth grow fat through indulgence.

I recommend doing something productive with the family, if possible.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Trying to find entertainment free of agenda's and is family friendly, anyone ?

Probably documentaries, since for the most part its a form of entertainment geared to inform and shed light as oppose as try to persuade or get people to buy into a storyline.

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Media as a rule is not God honoring nor was it ever designed for that purpose. It's meant to control the people and make the rich richer and let the people of the earth grow fat through indulgence.

I recommend doing something productive with the family, if possible.

Productive such as ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Almost nothing.

The world is not family friendly, nor does it get along with God nor with Jesus.

The world was made for the use of mankind, we are able to make decisions for ourselves what we will and will not partake of, It is as good or as bad as we make it and what we allow into our house. There is a lot of good out there but being able to find it among the imposters is more difficult.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The world was made for the use of mankind, we are able to make decisions for ourselves what we will and will not partake of, It is as good or as bad as we make it and what we allow into our house. There is a lot of good out there but being able to find it among the imposters is more difficult.

Every good gift , every good thing , is from Yahweh. (the flesh profits nothing)

Yes >>> "Being able to find it among the imposters is more difficult."
i.e.
Almost nothing.

The world is not family friendly, nor does it get along with God nor with Jesus.

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Productive such as ?

Well you could just rewind back to the 90's and play board games or dominoes. But let me think of something truly productive in the next paragraph.

I once bought a knife and a slab of wood and made a bow from it. Maybe you could create something with wood that can be used around the house. Also playing sports outside is always a good thing to do but if you're looking to do something inside then you could get everyone together and challenge them to cook delicious food.

This is exactly why I want a farm with some land. It's so that I can always have chores to do around the grounds to keep my family busy.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟337,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Pixar movies have been entertaining in the past but I think since Disney took over they have agendas
They have substance to them, which is why I think they're worth watching, but I don't see the agendas, in a negative sense. There are themes like how to cope with emotions, or how best to remember the dead, or the ever-popular how to be yourself when you're different from everyone else -- but I don't remember them trying to convince me of anything bad. Which movies and agendas did you have in mind?

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟337,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well you could just rewind back to the 90's and play board games or dominoes.
Actually, my daughters have been doing just that: Asking if, instead of watching something on TV, we could play a board/card game instead. We've played older games like Careers and Clue, and newer games like Chrononauts and Fluxx.

• Friendly
Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, my daughters have been doing just that: Asking if, instead of watching something on TV, we could play a board/card game instead. We've played older games like Careers and Clue, and newer games like Chrononauts and Fluxx.
I'm a Risk and a Monopoly guy. I like the long haul games.

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well you could just rewind back to the 90's and play board games or dominoes. But let me think of something truly productive in the next paragraph.

I once bought a knife and a slab of wood and made a bow from it. Maybe you could create something with wood that can be used around the house. Also playing sports outside is always a good thing to do but if you're looking to do something inside then you could get everyone together and challenge them to cook delicious food.

This is exactly why I want a farm with some land. It's so that I can always have chores to do around the grounds to keep my family busy.

How does one balance it all ?

Matthew 4:19
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

John 21:4-15 King James Version (KJV)

Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing.

4 But when the morning was now come, Jesus stood on the shore: but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus.

5 Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No.

6 And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.

7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.

8 And the other disciples came in a little ship; (for they were not far from land, but as it were two hundred cubits,) dragging the net with fishes.

9 As soon then as they were come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid thereon, and bread.

10 Jesus saith unto them, Bring of the fish which ye have now caught.

11 Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred and fifty and three: and for all there were so many, yet was not the net broken.

12 Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord.

13 Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise.

14 This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead.

15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
How does one balance it all ?

Matthew 4:19
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

John 21:4-15 King James Version (KJV)

Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing.

4 But when the morning was now come, Jesus stood on the shore: but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus.

5 Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No.

6 And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.

7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.

8 And the other disciples came in a little ship; (for they were not far from land, but as it were two hundred cubits,) dragging the net with fishes.

9 As soon then as they were come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid thereon, and bread.

10 Jesus saith unto them, Bring of the fish which ye have now caught.

11 Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred and fifty and three: and for all there were so many, yet was not the net broken.

12 Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord.

13 Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise.

14 This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead.

15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
If you're asking how does someone raise children after God's own heart and even yourself in this present evil age then this is what I say to that:

You cannot possibly have the culture of the people and of those around you and do as they do. Whether you are in Rome or not we are to live godly lives which are restrained and contrite, not needing much to live and pass the time. Separating yourself from the people and establishing God's way of life in your family takes courage and an eccentricity lost to the people of this world who are devoid of the Spirit.

I pray you receive this well and put God first in your life, learning what that really looks like.

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you're asking how does someone raise children after God's own heart and even yourself in this present evil age then this is what I say to that:

You cannot possibly have the culture of the people and of those around you and do as they do. Whether you are in Rome or not we are to live godly lives which are restrained and contrite, not needing much to live and pass the time. Separating yourself from the people and establishing God's way of life in your family takes courage and an eccentricity lost to the people of this world who are devoid of the Spirit.

I pray you receive this well and put God first in your life, learning what that really looks like.

No more how do you balance free time and work time, family time and being fishers of men time

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
No more how do you balance free time and work time, family time and being fishers of men time
Throw the free time out. But I would still say what I said earlier because that's about the same thing.

Upvote 0