What exactly is a moderate Christian?

Nov 14, 2013
✟7,832.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys,

My name is Nikola. I am 39, married to my beautiful wife - Helen, and we have two girls - Anna and Mikaela. I am living in Bulgaria. I am a full time minister of the Gospel since 1994. If You want to get to know my family better, You can visit my YouTube channel devoted to short video teachings about how to practically live for the Lord Jesus. Since I can't post the link here yet (I don't yet have 50 posts or more), let me just tell You to go to YouTube and in the Search engine, write "Life of Jesus YouTube Channel". The first result that comes will say exactly the same thing: "Life of Jesus YouTube Channel". The photo associated with it is a guy with a blue shirt and yellowish tie, on a dark yellow background - that's me.

It's connected with the Life of Jesus Website (You will find a link to it in the description of all the videos in the above channel), which has gathered more than a million views over the years - my website, where, again, You can read about my family.

I'll be happy to read your comments and thoughts.

Blessings!

Nov 14, 2013
✟7,832.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I am really interested on learning what this means, as I have never heard the term, and at the same time I am offering a great way for people to get to know me through my videos and website, if they want. Thanks for Your remark, though, it seems I am not doing it right. Will work on my approach. Thanks.

Blessings!

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I searched long and hard for moderate Christianity, and I think I finally found it.

I won't go into it here, but I WILL suggest one of the best books on the subject that I have ever seen... The Quest for The Radical Middle. by: Bill Jackson. (It is relatively inexpensive) http://www.amazon.com/The-Quest-Radical-Middle-Vineyard/dp/0620243198

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2013
✟7,832.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Thank You. I have heard about the Vineyard movement, but I didn't know they were called that. I will read more on the subject. I am translator among other things, and right now I am working on a very think book called: "The Story of Christian Theology", which traces all theological views starting right after the time of the first apostles. The book has a sequel, dealing with the different theological thoughts and moves in the 20st and 21st centuries.
Thanks again!
Blessings!

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,278,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
First off welcome to CF :). As far as the forum (Bridge builders - moderate Christians) is intended to be used by different Christian perspectives. Whether they be liberal, conservative or any where in between. It's more about how we approach our differences. That our difference can be discussed in a moderate fashion as opposed to the strife we see in forums here at CF like General theology or Unorthodox theology threads.

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First off welcome to CF :). As far as the forum (Bridge builders - moderate Christians) is intended to be used by different Christian perspectives. Whether they be liberal, conservative or any where in between. It's more about how we approach our differences. That our difference can be discussed in a moderate fashion as opposed to the strife we see in forums here at CF like General theology or Unorthodox theology threads.
Very accurate.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2013
✟7,832.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That's Great, Tigger45,

You would NEVER see me fight and strife with other brothers and sisters, because hey, who can indeed say they know God fully, right?
Recently I translated and published a book from Roger Olson, called: Arminian Theology - myths and reality. It deals with the differences between Calvinist and Arminians, but the author is so balanced and so humble, that it's a fact most Calvinists admire him and respect him, even though he himself is an arminian. It's an art to be able to be liked by others, even though Your views might be different. So, I already love this forum. Thank You for Your input.

Your profile says You are an APOSTOLIC CHRISTIAN. What's that? I mean, are You part of the Anabaptist denomination, or do you mean apostolic in the sense of believing in the restoration of the fivefold office of the apostle? Thanks

Blessings!

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,278,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That's Great, Tigger45,

You would NEVER see me fight and strife with other brothers and sisters, because hey, who can indeed say they know God fully, right?
Recently I translated and published a book from Roger Olson, called: Arminian Theology - myths and reality. It deals with the differences between Calvinist and Arminians, but the author is so balanced and so humble, that it's a fact most Calvinists admire him and respect him, even though he himself is an arminian. It's an art to be able to be liked by others, even though Your views might be different. So, I already love this forum. Thank You for Your input.

Your profile says You are an APOSTOLIC CHRISTIAN. What's that? I mean, are You part of the Anabaptist denomination, or do you mean apostolic in the sense of believing in the restoration of the fivefold office of the apostle? Thanks

Blessings!
Sorry my friend. My bad. Apostolic Christianity is something I'm striving to find the clearest example of (teaching, practices and understandings of first century Christians) in my spiritual journey. I attend a Lutheran LCMC church which by the way is moderate compared to the more conservative LC-MS and less liberal than the ELCA.

As far as the office of apostle "I" believe Jesus chose "the" apostles and they subsequently chose bishops and elders but that's a topic for another thread :)

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2013
✟7,832.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sorry my friend. My bad. Apostolic Christianity is something I'm striving to find the clearest example of (teaching, practices and understandings of first century Christians) in my spiritual journey. I attend a Lutheran LCMC church which by the way is moderate compared to the more conservative LC-MS and less liberal than the ELCA.

As far as the office of apostle "I" believe Jesus chose "the" apostles and they subsequently chose bishops and elders but that's a topic for another thread :)
OK, I see. That's Great! That desire on Your end, to search the truth on this matter is very rewarding, as the Lord definitely wants His people to seek and find Him, not only historically, spiritually and theologically, but also practically, in our time. When we find ourselves and our place in Him, in connection with the teachings, practices and understanding of the Early Church, we will be able to better fulfill our destiny in our own generation.

Jesus did choose the apostles, then, the Church, 2 or 3 generations AFTER the apostles, did chose bishops and elders in their place, but according to me that was NOT the right thing to do. That's when Orthodoxy and Catholicism emerged, and organized religion as a whole, in an attempt to crush the rising heresies at the time. I personally believe that the ministries of apostle, prophet, teacher, pastor and evangelist are not offices in the sense of like being a doctor, professor, etc., but they are FUNCTIONS - part of the mantle of Jesus Himself, and should have continued uninterrupted throughout the history of the Church and then the Church would have been much stronger and efficient and not go into the dark ages and even after the protestant reformation, would be much more effective.

Anyway, You are right this is from another thread :)

Blessings!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums