JackB03

Mar 7, 2009
Rockwall, Tx
✟7,721.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This include things that seem good but are really not centered on God.

What evils do you see in everyday life?

I have to say TV is probably one of the worse... I noticed since becoming a christian, you notice alot more things that are not Gods' doing.

Jack

Upvote 0

tcwoods91

Friend of God
Jun 11, 2011
Newberg, Oregon
Visit site
✟7,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This include things that seem good but are really not centered on God.

What evils do you see in everyday life?

Independence is something that many people deem as a good thing, especially in the U.S. That being said I believe that it is one of the biggest stumbling blocks as a Christian. For we are to be fully dependent on God. We can't even breath without God giving us breath. Yet most of us have been taught that we should strive to be self-sufficient in need of nothing. This even hurts us in our relationships with people as we can easily fall into the lie that we can be the lone ranger. We're at our weakest when we are trying to go solo. That is when Satan can strike most easily. Why is this such a challenge? Simply, we are selfish and prideful and don't like admitting our weakness, but once you reach that stage of realizing that you can do nothing apart from God, Oh what beautiful things God begins to do in your life!

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I often see people encourage themselves in weak ethics and it's getting worse -- cheating, doing a shoddy job, slandering, gaining by taking from others. People laugh, like it's the norm... and then argue to win their point when they are confronted with unethical behavior.

Back to TV, I'm sure it had some influence in their approaches. I still get flashbacks of things I saw on TV that influenced me as a kid.

Upvote 0