Status
Not open for further replies.

Soon Rev 22:11-12

Feb 26, 2005
✟760.00
Faith
Christian
Rule No. 1 - No "Flaming"
1.1 You may discuss another individual's beliefs or religious organization but you will not harass, insult, belittle, threaten, defame or flame the individual (member or non-member) as this is considered personal (ad hominem) attacks in posts, PMs and any other communication within the site. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. Directly calling another member “cultist”, “heretic” or “bigot” as these are personal attacks and are not conducive to civil discussion.
b. Calling famous individuals derogatory names (unless it is a well-known nickname) as this may be considered defamation.
1.2 You will not directly call another member or his or her religious organization a “cult”, “heretic”, “demonic” or “satanic” but you may discuss doctrines, teachings, practices or writings of other religious organizations as long as empirical evidence is provided.
1.3 You will only post negative statements about another individual’s belief or religious organization (including non-Christian religions) with objective evidence provided. Members are allowed to say “The doctrines X church is false because of Y scriptures and Z other relevant evidence”.
1.4 You will not misquote another member regardless of context.
1.5You will not directly state or otherwise imply that another member is not a Christian if he or she falls under Rule 6.5 and 6.6 and he or she does not have a hidden faith icon without providing substantiation from scripture or doctrine or historic church writtings.

Watch out! (It is pretty hard to explain the meaning of Babylon, the Mother of Harlots, in Revelation 17-18 and adhere to the rules above!)

Upvote 0

kamikat

my love is bigger than a cadillac
Apr 22, 2005
Visit site
✟18,459.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
vrunca said:
I guess I have just never really come across a Christian Cult before.

I decided to edit my post because it might violate rule 1.2. However, if you take a look at www.cultwatch.com, the first cult they list is a Christian cult. It evolved out of a mainline Christian movement, then went wacky but using mind control techniques, such as limiting contact with non-church member family and friends, strict discipling where the discipler has total control of the disciple. One website of people who left this movement says that at one point, a branch of the church all had goatees to imitate the leader of that branch. The limit of contact with non-member family and friends is what sets apart a cult from any other church or religion. I'm sure some here probably think Islam or Hinudism is a cult, but Islam and Hinduism does not forbid the conact of it's members to non-Muslims or non-Hindus. This is one reason why I've never got why some Christians think other Christians are cults. If the church in question doesn't take all your money or make you cut all ties to your family, then it's probably not a cult.

kamikat

Upvote 0

Eruliel

Jun 26, 2005
In Christ
Visit site
✟1,065.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
SaintMarco said:
Wouldn't say the branches of Christianity are "cults"...

No...if you ask any non catholic denomination of Christianity to mark off everything they don't believe in the Nicene, Apostolic, or the other creed(which aren't scripture, but they are a condensed understanding of what all Christians believe) they'll more than likely agree with everything in those statements.

I would also say something else that marks Christian cults is their belief that Jesus is not God. I know that for the Mormons at least Jesus is the literal Son Of God...as in created by God and the Heavenly Mother (ha...the pagan theme of the Lord and Lady, or the God and Goddess), and that he has authority over the world just because he was the first born out of all the Spirit Babies.
Slainte!
Eruliel

Upvote 0

vrunca

STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS
May 1, 2004
North East Lower Michigan! Go Wings!!
✟4,908.00
Faith
Catholic
grateful heart said:
All are cults except My Church In sydney cause we are the real Christians cause we know Jesus was Australian cause he wore sandals , everyone else is going to hell

lol!! ^_^ Are you wearing sandals?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.