What does the Bible say about who has to be invited to your wedding?

apmercer

Awe777
Apr 25, 2012
✟15,269.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If someone is about to get married, who should be invited to the wedding?

For example, if you have a close relative that continuously and deliberately blasphemes and swears, and they know that it offensive, should they get invited to the wedding or not?

Obviously people like this I have forgiven, but should they be present at a special occasion like a wedding?:preach:

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In Bible times weddings were arranged by the parents of both the bride and groom. The parents did all the inviting and planning. It was a multiple day celebration and the entire community was welcomed. Other than that, we don't know that it says anything in the way of advice.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If someone is about to get married, who should be invited to the wedding?

For example, if you have a close relative that continuously and deliberately blasphemes and swears, and they know that it offensive, should they get invited to the wedding or not?

Obviously people like this I have forgiven, but should they be present at a special occasion like a wedding?:preach:

When you give a dinner or a supper, do not ask your friends, your brothers, your relatives, nor rich neighbors, lest they also invite you back, and you be repaid. 13 But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind. 14 And you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you;

I'd say invite the blasphemer and let him hear a good preaching. I'm glad I invited my mocking atheist granddad who later got saved and other atheists. Some weren't so respectful, but at least they heard the gospel.

Upvote 0