Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There are 2.2 billion Christians in the world and about 20 million Sabbath keepers. I believe that equates to less than 1% of Christians interpreting the Bible the way you do. Why would Jesus give "the light" to so few? Especially if it is vital in end times, as you have stated.

The light hasn't been given to a few, but only accepted by a few. And please, do you really think that of the 2.2 billion people who profess to be Christian, that they actually are?

As I said, not a single Christian will be lost. Those who profess it, having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof are only hurting themselves. Who the latter is I can't say, but what I do know is that God judges us based on the light we have. For those who have followed God to the best of their knowledge and according to what the Spirit has convicted them of, they shall be saved. For those who have hardened their hearts against God, rejecting the light He would that they know, they shall be lost.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. So EGW was the first time it was brought to view? Is that right? Did she predict it would happen again? She believed Jesus would return in her life, so I don't quite understand that. Did EGW see Revelation 18:1 as something happening 100 years after her death? Just trying to make sense of this.

The Sabbath was brought to EGW by a 7th day baptist, and she didn't think it mattered until God showed her otherwise. And the disciples thought Christ was going to return in their lifetime as well, so having that expectation does not diminish the validity of ones message.

Upvote 0

Kira Light

Shinigami love apples
Oct 16, 2009
✟15,777.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The light hasn't been given to a few, but only accepted by a few. And please, do you really think that of the 2.2 billion people who profess to be Christian, that they actually are?

As I said, not a single Christian will be lost. Those who profess it, having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof are only hurting themselves. Who the latter is I can't say, but what I do know is that God judges us based on the light we have. For those who have followed God to the best of their knowledge and according to what the Spirit has convicted them of, they shall be saved. For those who have hardened their hearts against God, rejecting the light He would that they know, they shall be lost.

I won't hazard a guess as to what % of Christians are 'real' Christians.

You don't seem completely consistent with what the 'light' is and what constitutes having it.

You say everyone is given the light, but not all accept it. Then you say we are judged based on what we have. Then you say if someone rejects the light they are lost. See the problem here?

There is a large group that will not have the 'light' because they have not accepted it. You say they are okay because they are judged based on what they have, but then you say to reject the light damns you.

Upvote 0

Kira Light

Shinigami love apples
Oct 16, 2009
✟15,777.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Sabbath was brought to EGW by a 7th day baptist, and she didn't think it mattered until God showed her otherwise. And the disciples thought Christ was going to return in their lifetime as well, so having that expectation does not diminish the validity of ones message.

I'm not saying her writings are invalid because she was wrong about when Jesus would return. I am just curious about whether SDA's are changing up the interpretation of certain verses like Revelation 18:1. It is interesting if Adventists now say she was wrong about that. I wonder when that was decided.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I won't hazard a guess as to what % of Christians are 'real' Christians.

You don't seem completely consistent with what the 'light' is and what constitutes having it.

I believe I am.

You say everyone is given the light, but not all accept it. Then you say we are judged based on what we have. Then you say if someone rejects the light they are lost. See the problem here?
No I don't.
Consider the parable of the talents. The one who buried his was sternly rebuked for not at least putting it in that which he was given in the bank so that interest could be earned on it. I can't say "how much" light any one person is given, but I can say that the Holy Spirit works with those who are looking to walk in the light. Some people flat out reject the Spirit because of the hardness of their hearts, and dont' even realize it.

There is a large group that will not have the 'light' because they have not accepted it. You say they are okay because they are judged based on what they have, but then you say to reject the light damns you.

Light = truth that one has been convicted of. Simply hearing "you have to keep the sabbath", for example, does not convict one of that truth. It's the working of the Holy Spirit. If He leads you to this truth and shows it to you, but you reject it, that's rejecting light. Then you're responsible for that.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying her writings are invalid because she was wrong about when Jesus would return. I am just curious about whether SDA's are changing up the interpretation of certain verses like Revelation 18:1. It is interesting if Adventists now say she was wrong about that. I wonder when that was decided.

Not sure what they think she was saying. Much of Revelation alludes me

Upvote 0

Hizikyah

so many with enmity to righteousness, it's scary
Aug 21, 2013
✟388.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
GREAT POST REDDOGS!

Certainly people throwing off the Laws of Yahweh, just as satan did is what is causing all the curses of this world.

Isayah 24:1-6, "Behold, Yahweh makes the earth empty and makes it waste, perverts the face of it and scatters abroad its inhabitants; And it will be: as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his owner; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with him who takes usury, so with him who gives usury to him: The land will be utterly emptied and utterly plundered, for Yahweh has spoken this word. The
earth mourns and fades away, the world mourns and fades away, and the haughty people of the earth languish. The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants of it, because they have transgressed the Laws, changed the ordinance, and broken the everlasting covenant. Because of this, the curse has devoured the earth, and they who dwell therein are desolate; therefore, the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left."

Yahdah (Jude) 1:4, "For there are certain men who have secretly crept in, who were before of old ordained for this condemnation, unholy men, who turn the undeserved pardon of our One Supreme Savior Yahweh into licentiousness, and deny Yahshua our Messiah."

Upvote 0

taikachanz

God's Word Stands Alone
Feb 20, 2011
✟7,788.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Odd that Jesus did not list the Sabbath if it is so incredibly important.

"And behold, one came to Him and said, "Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?" And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments." He *said to Him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

Kira, if you're going to use this scirpture to prove your point then you are also at liberty to violate ALL the law pertaining to loving God. The only laws that are mentioned here are the 5th "honor your father and your mother", 6th "thou shalt not kill", 7th "thou shalt not commit adultery", 8th "thou shalt not steal", 9th "thou shalt not bear false witness". Notice also law 10 "thou shalt not covet that neighbors good, neither his wife,, ect" is omitted. And further they are given out of order. So to your way of thinking we can now have more than one god, worship idols, take the name of the Lord in vain, desecrate the sabbath, and covet our neighbors goods. Furthermore, the last part of this verse "You shall love your neighbor as yourself" in not in the ten, but it is an admonition to keep All the laws, for to love your neighbor as yourself you need to also love AND obey God's commandments. You need stronger evidence than this to support your claim that the law has been "done away with".

Upvote 0

taikachanz

God's Word Stands Alone
Feb 20, 2011
✟7,788.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There are 2.2 billion Christians in the world and about 20 million Sabbath keepers. I believe that equates to less than 1% of Christians interpreting the Bible the way you do. Why would Jesus give "the light" to so few? Especially if it is vital in end times, as you have stated.

God didn't give the light to a few, he's given it to all, but not all, including THE MAJORITY of professed christians, have rejected it. Did God give the message of the Flood to Noah? Did Noah preach the message for 120 years? So, how many entered the Ark? What precentage was that? Probably less the .0001 percent, so what does that say about those who reject the sabbath truth or any of God's law? "Narrow is the way to life, wide the way to distruction." That's a paraphrase, don't ask me where to find it, I'm writing from memory and my memory for bible script locations is lousy, as is my spelling.

Upvote 0