What does it mean when the holy spirit guides you as you read the Bible?

Hestha

Jun 1, 2012
✟8,272.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
To me? He taught me how to read. He taught me how to understand. And after a lifetime of doing so, I come to find out that what I thought were radically independent positions, aere actually what the Church taught from the beginning :doh:

That's what happens (in my case :wave:

From what you are suggesting, you sound like there is a little voice in your head telling you what to do.

Upvote 0

Hestha

Jun 1, 2012
✟8,272.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Except the voice isn't little, nor is it in my head. :D Other than that - pretty much

From what you are suggesting, you sound like you really hear a big voice outside your head telling you what to do. Can you describe to me this big voice outside your head? Is it male or female? Does it speak English? What is the pitch of the voice?

Upvote 0

RaiseTheDead

Jul 15, 2012
✟1,035.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, actually I've never heard any audible "voice of God." I have read (lurked?) a poster here, who claims that anyone who hasn't literally heard "God's voice," can't possibly be saved.

I hope that's not the case, for obvious reasons ^_^

So you may be able to see, that trying to somehow explain or give the gist of this to someone who hasn't experienced it for themselves, is not likely to convey a clear idea. The main thing I can do here, is just say it is so. Valid points of clarification may come up as discussion progresses, though ...

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What really happens during your Bible-reading?
Sometimes nothing. Especially when I am reading just because I think I have to.

Sometimes I learn something that you or anyone could learn - for example, that the last thing God commanded Moses to do before leaving the planet was to teach the people a song.

Sometimes I get a feeling of closeness to God.

But other times - and these are the best times - I get revelation. I don't know how to explain it. It's like another kind of knowing than the kind that comes from experience or books. It's something imparted from God's spirit to mine. It hits me deeeeeep. And I KNOW it's truth.

Truth, for a person who knows God, is like gold.

Upvote 0