Not open for further replies.

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
What does God want with us?

My belief is, God's desire is that we walk in fellowship with Himself. To know Him personally as a Father. So personally that, we talk to Him, and receive instruction from Him. To experience the same type of relationship with Him that Jesus did. I'm convinced that is His purpose in our lives. To pour Himself into us, through us, out into the world around us and expressing His love for His creation.

This is accomplished as we learn to take our focus off worldly concerns and to concentrate our focus within upon God. Putting everything into perspective in the light of His Presence and Peace.

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
Essentials:

God's love for us is not dependent upon our behavior. Our behavior is important but, we don't merit God's love based on our behavior. When we accept Jesus we actively receive God's love into our hearts are born again and become alive unto God in spirit. His love for us was demonstrated in what Christ did for us and is never retracted. Once our spirit is born again, the eyes of our understanding are opened. We must turn off, so to speak, our natural thinking processes which often make us believe God's love for us is dependent upon our behavior. The truth is, our negative behavior doesn't express who we are in Christ but, only that we are acting from a focus on carnal things and not spiritual. Our spirits once born again are joined with God. As we focus on God first, our spirits grow in God, we develop the strength, so to speak, to express the light of God in our daily conversation. As we grow in this God first, focus, we begin to see God's light in more and more areas of our lives becoming less concerned with the physical circumstances because we are more aware that He is truly watching over us.

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
"That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ." -- 1 John 1:3
We are to walk in fellowship, with God with Christ and with one another.

Love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself... upon these two commands hinge everything

The essential purpose of our existence is fellowship with God and one another...

He is our Abba, Father! We are brethren!

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
God wants us to have:

Abundant life

Peace beyond understanding

Joy unspeakable and full of glory

Rivers of Living Water Flowing from within

We can live in the experience of these things. Or, we can live in dread, fear, anxiety, etc., etc. There is one critical difference between abundant life, and a deflated life. Life overflowing with the good things of God and a life seemingly sucked dry and empty. One difference (and I'm talking to us Christians). What is it? Simple focus. If God is foremost in our thoughts and we make the purpose of what we do an act of love and adoration towards Him everything in our lives will change for the better. By that I mean our lives will be illuminated and permeated with the awareness of His presence.

God is always present. However, we are not always aware are we? Why? How can we miss the presence of Almighty God? Interesting isn't it? We must look within. The kingdom of God is within our hearts and from this place our inner most being does this kingdom flow forth into our physical world. When we look upon the greatness of our God, we see the smallness of carnal fears, doubts, the weakness of our flesh, the state of our circumstance are all overshadowed and made small in the shadow of His love. In His presence is fullness of joy.

Who can bring a word of encouragement or wisdom in any situation? Who can bring light into any darkness? Who can bring hope to the hopeless? Who can bring healing to the sick? Sustenance to the impoverished ... can you and I? Each one of us can be a light to bring these things or some of these things into the area of our own influence, where we are right now today. If we will put our trust in and focus upon God our Heavenly Father. Who I believe desires to minister His love through us wherever we are.

Focus on Him first, and watch your world light up with the power of His goodness. Watch His goodness flow through you in ministry to those around you!

Upvote 0
D

dies-l

I posted the following on the other thread of the same name:

God wants us to love Him, which we can only do by loving one another. Just as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are One, united in Love, so God desires for all of Creation. God wants us to choose Love!

I am convinced that that is ALL that God wants, but that, for whatever reason, we can't seem to get it right. Perhaps, this is because we lose sight of this Truth. Perhaps we lose sight of it, because it is so hard for us. I don't know. But, from what I can gather from the Scriptures and from the Holy Spirit, all that God wants from us is Love!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.