What do you think when a guy likes two girls?

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Okay heres my situation, a guy I know was with his girlfriend, but told another girl they were breaking up (him and his girlfriend) and that he liked her, and she said she liked him back (has for awhile) well the guy broke up with his girlfriend a day before valentines, and now told another girl he likes her. What do you think of this? What kind of guy is this? What's your opinion on the situation?

benf

Christian
Dec 19, 2010
The Same Deep Water as You
✟15,870.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Based on how he is basically just girlfriend-hopping, I think he sounds like a jerk. I don't think you can learn much about love from somebody who is a jerk.

I think the number of female friends that you become closer with is something of a balancing act. You don't want too many, because that could easily cause you to overlook one of the "hidden gems" of a person that one of them was, but you don't want to have too few, because you might be limiting yourself and not seeing somebody that God could intend for you.

Also, I thinking "dating" is incredibly dumb. You see girls, they become friends. Some of them become really good friends. Out of the (hopefully growing or large) group of good friends, there you start to think about and consider one of them becoming a serious interest. Dating is stupid, it says "spend a lot of time with this person, you never know it might work out". The friendship model says "grow closer and consider the type of person you think would be most appropriate for God's plan in your life".

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The girl he was dating was really sweet, the girl he supposedly liked was an emotional wreck, and the girl he likes now is awesome and I would be happy to see them togethr under better circumstances but he just seems like bad news to me.

Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Okay heres my situation, a guy I know was with his girlfriend, but told another girl they were breaking up (him and his girlfriend) and that he liked her, and she said she liked him back (has for awhile) well the guy broke up with his girlfriend a day before valentines, and now told another girl he likes her. What do you think of this? What kind of guy is this? What's your opinion on the situation?
Sounds like your average teenage/early twenties relationship.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Well it all depends on who the girls in question were to me and what relationship they had with God.

I agree with Kerri it sounds like your usual confused relationships that happen when people are in their late teens/early twenties. Well at least it sounds like my group of friends when I was finishing High School/starting Uni. Also none of my friends were Christians so it all seemed pretty normal (at the time). Now that I am walking closer with the Lord, I look back and think that I was totally insane to get involved in a situation like that. Only a few couples survived the whole situation. Ok, a few is too many. Try about 1 that I know of. Wait, I don't really know I just assume they stayed together so that is not a fact but last I heard they were still together. :doh:

Anyway, having said that, if this last girl was my best friend and she was asking me advice on whether she should give it a go I would say stay clear of him. He obviously has no clue what he wants for his life or his relationships with women so you should wait until he is sure otherwise.... well as you can tell I have been involved in relationships like this including a long term relationship with a guy who had no clue what he wanted in life and it ended up in disaster (2 and a half years later with everyone saying what they really thought of him). So my example is the best advice I could ever give someone on this.

However, people do change. And as the Bible says "As iron sharpens iron, so does one man sharpen another." It could be helpful for him to start a relationship with her but I think friendship is all you could be asking from this guy at the moment. I just don't think that it would be advisable to do anything more than that.

Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

penNpaper

Keep on moving
Nov 14, 2006
Youngstown
✟33,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I can't give a frank expression of my opinion of that sort of behavior per the rules of this forum.

^exactly what he said. I would probably get banned if I truly expressed myself on what I really thought lol

God Bless,
Drew

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

penNpaper

Keep on moving
Nov 14, 2006
Youngstown
✟33,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
lol well let's not :p Im smart enough to figure out what you're talking about anyhow :p

I'm wise enough not to say it tho. Because I've seen it too many times and I'm tired of seeing it to be frankly.

Pretty much the guy needs to grow up, stop being a player, and get serious or else enjoy a long Singlehood life :p

But saying the unGodly version is so much "fun" tho ^_^ but I rather be a Godly Man of God and a example than lower my standards *ahem*

God Bless,
Drew

Upvote 0

Andrew12

A Knight of the Lord
Nov 4, 2010
Mainstreet, AnyTown
Visit site
✟17,283.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
IMO He needs to take a step back and get himself into proper order and figure out why he keeps jumping from girl to girl. seems like deeper issues need to be dealt with first before he has any business in a relationship.

:)

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I just think the guy is confused.

I don't think that's enough reason to give some indictment on the guy's character. He is just confused.

Happens to many people.

Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It happened to me. I was in my 30s, had a couple years out from a divorce and was high on life. I new two young women from two different churches and by fate I started dating them both--every man's fantasy. I had pronounced to both that I am just dating, making committments to NO ONE!

Well guys, it might sound nirvana but don't do it. I literally started falling in love with both of them. I ended up getting pneumonia from being out all hours of the night. Amazingly I could compartmentalize well and remember what I had said/done with the appropriate girl. It was crazy, fun, but ultimately it began to not feel right. I went to an elder and his wife for counsel it was so hard to choose.

One hit the seritonin system--peaceful,at home, good to the soul, and affectionate! The other was dopamine system hot, sexy, heady ulta romantic. Man, how do you choose??!! Went for sexy---bad choice. Affair blew itself out and 6 months and I later went back to the other gal and we ended up getting married.

Sooo sometimes things happen; doesn't make a devil out of someone. One thing I learned---a woman pays attention more to what you DO than what you SAY.

Upvote 0