What do you think of Putin? Did you know ...

michellemariebru

Dec 9, 2015
PA
✟7,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Well, the difference between Obama and Putin is quite huge. Putin, has been emphasizing the importance of Christian values in society. Along with that he has banned propaganda of homosexuality to children. He has been stating the importance of Christian values, while Obama has been desecrating it.

AND as for Obama?
I don't if he is Muslim, or what - but he sure doesn't represent Christian values.
But from his tone in his speeches- I think it's pretty obvious he is Muslim.

Reactions: ken777
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, the difference between Obama and Putin is quite huge.
I agree one is the President of a of a country that is accountable to the laws and the checks and balances of his country and the other is is the head of Russia. :wave:

Putin, has been emphasizing the importance of Christian values in society.
To be more accurate he is cloaking the things he does by claiming they're for "Christian Values". :sorry:
tulc(see the difference?) :sorry:

Upvote 0

michellemariebru

Dec 9, 2015
PA
✟7,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Thanks for sharing your thought! At first, when I saw his speeches I was like WOW look at Putin, but my family members claim that he is really not a good person. ( Of course who am I to judge, - I can't say he is or isn't Christian,) I like the message he gives in his speeches, but I was unsure if it was a cloak, like you said. Again, thanks for your thoughts, I'm very curious about other Christian's opinion on it.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
As a Christian I would say that I am very impressed with Putin as he has been one of the very few leaders who has been able to demonstrate an ability to both lead and inspire a nation. Having observed his speeches on Youtube over the past few years I have come to the conclusion that he is a very confident leader who will not tolerate the New World order of the West.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The Russians remember...

15-years-Putin.jpg

...that's why 90 percent of them back him.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Russians remember...

15-years-Putin.jpg

That's probably because they never read this article:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/06/vladimir-putin-15-ways-he-changed-russia-world
Despite a state campaign against corruption, Putin’s Russia has failed to shake off accusations of being fundamentally dishonest. In 2014, Russia was ranked 136 out of 175 in Transparency International’s corruption perceptions index, down from 127 in 2013 and 133 in 2012. The Organised Crime and Corruption Reporting Project also named Putin its “person of the year” after its investigations found that he had engaged with the mafia to create what it called a “military-industrial-political-criminal” complex to launder money and promote his interests abroad, including in the transfer of weapons to rebels in eastern Ukraine.

Although little information is available on his personal wealth, many expect that Putin himself has benefited from state corruption. Allegations have swirled for years that an extravagant palace being built on the Black Sea coast – reportedly guarded by the presidential secret service and now owned by a Putin confidant – secretly belongs to him and was paid for with embezzled funds.
tulc(knows how some people love a man on a horse wearing no shirt) :D

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well, the difference between Obama and Putin is quite huge. Putin, has been emphasizing the importance of Christian values in society. Along with that he has banned propaganda of homosexuality to children. He has been stating the importance of Christian values, while Obama has been desecrating it.

AND as for Obama?
I don't if he is Muslim, or what - but he sure doesn't represent Christian values.
But from his tone in his speeches- I think it's pretty obvious he is Muslim.

Obama may not match the conservative Evangelical views of what is a Christian, but conservative Evangelicals don't define what is and isn't Christian and who is or isn't a Christian.

By the way, Obama also has a testimony of going from an atheist to a Christian, he was raised without religion (his mother is an atheist) and he was an atheist up and into college. He became a Christian in his early 20's.

Further, he's never shied away from talking about his faith, he just hasn't made it the forefront of his administration--something I think is to his credit. I have more respect for a politician who is a Christian than a "Christian politician".

Putin's regime is a dictatorship that is silencing dissenting voices.

I don't believe it is Christian to exert political force to silence, hurt, or imprison people who are different. I do believe it is Christian to aim to create a more compassionate and just society where the weakest and most fragile members of society are retained their basic civil rights and can survive and thrive.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Putin certainly upholds traditional Christian values far better than Obama does.

I wouldn't call the Spanish Inquisition "traditional Christian values" but I suppose that depends on what we mean by "traditional'.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Russians remember...

15-years-Putin.jpg

From a money, power or prestige point of view he has restored Russia after the disaster of the Yeltsin years.

From a spiritual point of view the central communal role of the Communist party and KGB has increasingly been replaced by Russian orthodoxy. This is a healthy trend and Putin has changed with it. On the gay marriage issue Russia is more righteous than the West but on something like abortion it is even more permissive. Putin himself is a divorcee and a wounded man in charge of a wounded country.

That said he might be a Christian and even Obama might be. He reads like a man who listens to God but has started towards him from far away while Obama seems to ignore Him until he has no other choice. Obamas Middle Eastern policy which has led to a genocide of the Christian church is the personification of foolishness.

Upvote 0

witness of G

Sep 17, 2015
Thailand
✟15,194.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I think Putin is a modern Constantine Emperor recognizing that Christianity is useful for his power. Obama rather to be a Muslim is a progressive secularist apologist of Islam and ally of Muslims because progressive Secularists are anti-Christian like the Islamists.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing your thought! At first, when I saw his speeches I was like WOW look at Putin, but my family members claim that he is really not a good person. ( Of course who am I to judge, - I can't say he is or isn't Christian,) I like the message he gives in his speeches, but I was unsure if it was a cloak, like you said. Again, thanks for your thoughts, I'm very curious about other Christian's opinion on it.
He probably is a Christian. And he at least doesn't seem to make it a point to suppress Christianity. That doesn't make him the best example of a Christian but, then again, who among us is?

Upvote 0