What do you like/dislike the most about your residence?

KayD

Oct 31, 2005
United States
✟331.00
Faith
Christian
Like: hmmm...let me think about that for a moment...

Dislike: the location, the small size (since landlord made changes :mad:), the proximity to the landlord, the fact that the landlord's family lives nearby, the landlord himself (there are laws about invading a person's privacy; there also ought to be laws about knocking on a door on too many ocassions and for apparently no good reasons), the rent (too much for such a small space), the fact that the landlord only seems to turn the heat on on those ocassions when he's primarily there (even though he KNOWS my schedule), you know what there's hardly anything I like about it and I think I will be breaking my lease and moving out earlier than I anticipated if things go in a particular direction...

Still thinking about the likes...:scratch: :(

Upvote 0

Beauty4Ashes

All that I need, is a song in my heart. . .
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GOOD:

Fooseball table, lots of space, huge storage space, garden, near beach, cute bathroom, lots of counterspace in kitchen, large dishwasher,bay windows, private area, safe neighborhood

BAD:

Mice, spiders, carpet forming lines in it, long commute from my friends and church, landlords being on my back lately, super high utility bills latey, possible raise in rent, cubboards without latches, crying child upstairs

I am currently looking for a new place with some roomates. Please pray for me.

B4A

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChesterWigglebottoms

Jan 16, 2006
✟223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well the good thing is that it's a house. After living in apartments for so many years we recently purchased our first house and it's great! The space and the yard just can't be topped.

The bad. Well, I'd have to say the maintenance. I can't just create a work order for someone to come and change my leaky faucet or a running toilet. I'm the maintenance guy now.

Upvote 0

ardeur

Veteran
May 1, 2004
✟10,787.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Love: Low rent ($260/month), excellent heating system, lovely tree-lined street, lots of cupboard space in the kitchen, big bedroom, big livingroom, cheap laundromat.

Dislike: Loud parties and college kids, gets very cold (basement-like), crowded kitchen, not enough lighting.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟382,164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ardeur said:
Love: Low rent ($260/month), excellent heating system, lovely tree-lined street, lots of cupboard space in the kitchen, big bedroom, big livingroom, cheap laundromat.

Dislike: Loud parties and college kids, gets very cold (basement-like), crowded kitchen, not enough lighting.
It gets very cold yet it has an excellent heating system? :confused:

Upvote 0

shaslove

On LOA until June 2nd
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2006
Portland, OR
✟30,453.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like: safe place to live, my cat is allowed here, own space, sometimes free food, quiet, you can see all the bridges in portland from my house, no utilites

dislike: im 27 and living with mom (college student and broke), far away from freinds and my church (30 min drive or 1 1/2 hr bus ride) and the fact it is REALLY scary to walk home from the bus stop with no street lights in the dark when there is a neighbors dog that is black and randomly comes out and CHASES me. neighbors don't understand leash laws.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Things I Like:
-Affordable Rent
-Affordable Utilities
-Free Water
-Its better than being homeless
-I can have my cat for free because she is a "therapeutic pet"

Things I Don't Like:
-Very little Privacy
-I live right next to a bigoted anti-Catholic Fundamentalist Baptist church that I have had some bad experiences with and so I am constantly reminded of that because I see that church every time I look out the window
-I live close to a little league ball field so sometimes when I am trying to enjoy a quiet evening I have to endure annoying noises even with the windows down because the walls here are like paper thin
-Have to put up with other noises like barking dogs and doors closing on a regular/daily basis
-It is incredibly tiny
-Only a shower, no tub
-Have to put up with annoying inspections all the time
-I have been cursed with some of the most annoying neighbors in the world
-I could go on but I won't :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

septemberskies

You can find me on cloud no.9
Sep 16, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟19,453.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
-affordable rent and ultilties
-gym
-located next to the university and alot of major stores
-elevators
-no hassle parking
-private balcony

Dislikes:

-smaller living space

...that's all i can think of. lol

Upvote 0

CapitalLancer

DORbandinan are #FF0000,...
Jan 20, 2006
USA
Visit site
✟3,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Good:
Nice Roomate
3 mbit cable internet connection with unlimited bandwidth. Great for gaming and downloading large files.
Cable tv with all the movie additions.
Close to college
Gym a few blocks away
Rent only $400 a month
Spa bathtub
Tons of space

Bad:
Anchorage Alaska
Cold
Dark
No single women to be found
Cold
Crummy job market
My car is in the lower 48
My horses are in the lower 48
Cold

...cold

Upvote 0

satomi_tiger

Youth ****** Extraordinare
Feb 4, 2006
✟126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like: It's cute - looks like a beach house
great kitchen
great bathroom
big lounge
big bedrooms
nice yard
quiet street
1 block from Golden Chicken (Fast food that's mostly healthy and mostly actual food!)
houses me my husband and my Stef (sugar plum fairy)
walking distance to town

Dislike: high rent ($200/week)
we don't own it :( I really want to buy!

Upvote 0