What do you know about self deliverance?

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,090,782.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Before our Lord left the Earth, he told his followers what to do. The first thing he said was to cast out Demons. A third of his ministry dealt with casting out demons.

And yet this is a topic that many in Christianity prefer to avoid or dismiss and I have personally never heard it discussed in a church.

it seems a big problem with the deliverance movement is that you really can’t know for sure if the so-called deliverance ministers are for real or not.

I saw this video on YouTube called I Was A Stripper and Playboy Model. After many failed attempts to be freed through people who called themselves deliverance ministers, the Lord told her she could deliver herself.

The method she used is very, very similar to what many people have reported when receiving miraculous healings from illnesses. He told her that his Word is medicine. He told her to immerse herself in the Word around the clock. To turn off the TV basically. And sort of pull herself away from the world in general.

In the video you can see what results she got and how long it took. If you want to watch the video, here is an alert if you are a man or if you are a woman struggling with inappropriate content. The thumbnails next to the video show Playboy models in little to no clothing. So you might want someone else to find and click on the video for you at a distance.

Has anyone reading this experienced self deliverance?

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Before our Lord left the Earth, he told his followers what to do. The first thing he said was to cast out Demons. A third of his ministry dealt with casting out demons.
Not sure how we can define it a third BUT YES......a great deal of his ministry was doing what you've said above.
And yet this is a topic that many in Christianity prefer to avoid or dismiss
Yes and God is not pleased when this occurs. I don't care how much extremism one might see with this subject.....FACT IS many, some or a few need spirits cast of them. Christian culture now how created a sanitized version of what they want Christianity to be......and certainly nothing that makes them look non respectful to the world. Fact is though the WORLD really DO want to see people delivered and to see Christians functioning the way God intended. Oh they may mock it at first but when they see results.........
it seems a big problem with the deliverance movement is that you really can’t know for sure if the so-called deliverance ministers are for real or not.
And our response to that is get in the Spirit, get in the Spirit....let's STOP saying these things can be figured out and that we can't achieve a right balance.
I saw this video on YouTube called I Was A Stripper and Playboy Model. After many failed attempts to be freed through people who called themselves deliverance ministers, the Lord told her she could deliver herself.
True one can be.
The method she used is very, very similar to what many people have reported when receiving miraculous healings from illnesses. He told her that his Word is medicine. He told her to immerse herself in the Word around the clock. To turn off the TV basically. And sort of pull herself away from the world in general.
True but don't make people feel this is legalism. If one says one can't enjoy any entertainment of any sort or you won't get an answer....that would be a mistake to say. However true the more of God's word (which is LIFE) you put in you you're creating a spiritual atmosphere where you're driving away the darkness.
here is an alert if you are a man or if you are a woman struggling with inappropriate content. The thumbnails next to the video show Playboy models in little to no clothing.
Then NO NEED to watch the video. Remember you can't unwatch something.
So you might want someone else to find and click on the video for you at a distance.
No you shouldn't. If you shouldn't have those images put into your mind what you want somebody else to get them in them?

Sure. Lots of time.

• Friendly
Reactions: KayJoy
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Before you begin, pray and make a list of your challenges and the remedy you want to achieve. Make a second list of familial challenges. Look for generational patterns and tally them when you're done.
I'd say stay away from Generational type of teachings. You won't find that in Matt, Mark, Luke, John, the book of Acts nor in the writings of all the Apostles. If one is required as some would have it, some physical affliction comes upon one and they're encouraged to consider the sins of their decedents. Where oh where ANYWHERE in the New Testament did they do this? You would think it would have to be that when Jesus healed the multitudes , or the 10 Lepers he would have stopped and said, "No hold on guys! We've got to take these cases one by one! Now each of you ask what did your grandfathers do that was wrong? We've got to get to the bottom of it!"

NEVER, EVER did Jesus minister healing and deliverance this way.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'd say stay away from Generational type of teachings. You won't find that in Matt, Mark, Luke, John, the book of Acts nor in the writings of all the Apostles. If one is required as some would have it, some physical affliction comes upon one and they're encouraged to consider the sins of their decedents. Where oh where ANYWHERE in the New Testament did they do this? You would think it would have to be that when Jesus healed the multitudes , or the 10 Lepers he would have stopped and said, "No hold on guys! We've got to take these cases one by one! Now each of you ask what did your grandfathers do that was wrong? We've got to get to the bottom of it!"

Do you honestly believe I'd alter my method of prayer based on one post? I've been praying this way for more than a decade. If you have warnings you're welcome to share them with the OP. I'm not seeking advice or in need of assistance.

~bella

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Do you honestly believe I'd alter my method of prayer based on one post?
Perhaps not but there's a lot more than one post I can put down.

I've been praying this way for more than a decade.
And I've been a Christian since 1976. My point, I'm not a new kid on the block myself.
If you have warnings you're welcome to share them with the OP. I'm not seeking advice or in need of assistance.
Very well when it comes to you. It would serve you well however to always be in a mode to re-assess the things you might hold to be true. Everyone, and I mean everyone can make mistakes. Very well though....I'll seek not to have direct dialogue with you it will be rather to others if I sense something you say needs to be corrected.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,090,782.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Not sure how we can define it a third BUT YES......a great deal of his ministry was doing what you've said above.

Yes and God is not pleased when this occurs. I don't care how much extremism one might see with this subject.....FACT IS many, some or a few need spirits cast of them. Christian culture now how created a sanitized version of what they want Christianity to be......and certainly nothing that makes them look non respectful to the world. Fact is though the WORLD really DO want to see people delivered and to see Christians functioning the way God intended. Oh they may mock it at first but when they see results.........

And our response to that is get in the Spirit, get in the Spirit....let's STOP saying these things can be figured out and that we can't achieve a right balance.

True one can be.

True but don't make people feel this is legalism. If one says one can't enjoy any entertainment of any sort or you won't get an answer....that would be a mistake to say. However true the more of God's word (which is LIFE) you put in you you're creating a spiritual atmosphere where you're driving away the darkness.

No you shouldn't. If you shouldn't have those images put into your mind what you want somebody else to get them in them?

Sure. Lots of time.

I post about spiritual warfare frequently. The site has specific rules around deliverance. Be mindful of that. If you're new to the subject Derek Prince is a good starting point. Frank Hammond is well regarded. I'd look at his materials after Derek's. Neil Anderson's Bondage Breaker is often recommended. I never used it but many swear by it. If you're including a fast reference Fasting for Spiritual Breakthrough by Elmer Townes.

Before you begin, pray and make a list of your challenges and the remedy you want to achieve. Make a second list of familial challenges. Look for generational patterns and tally them when you're done. You want to determine the frequency of specific issues. The more it occurs the stronger it is.

Make a note of explorations in other teachings and name them. Do the same for masonic memberships and collegiate fraternities and sororities.

Begin with yourself and work backwards. Addressing your parents then siblings and so on. You'll need to include premarital relations if applicable. Whether it's deliverance or not the prayer should always include confession, repentance, rebuking negative influences and renouncing them. The infilling follows. Whenever you expel you must fill that space with light.

Play Soakstream in the background and while you rest. It will help the atmosphere and settle your spirit.

If you make a habit of praying in this fashion you won't require deliverance. You'll keep the house in good condition and be more sensitive to negative influences. The spirit realm moves on cause and effect and it's wise to remember that. You need to see behaviors in their proper light. Not merely as sinful but wrongs with consequences. The more conversant you become in the latter the less appealing it becomes.

I started praying this way ten years ago and have a practical approach to housekeeping. The more attentive you are the less disturbances you'll have. If you still have concerns regarding your environment beginning the process will resolve them too.

You may want to speak with @Carl Emerson as well.

~bella
I’m sorry, but I am not a fan of Derek Prince. He has
said some things which I think are pretty un biblical, but I don’t want to get into that. I will give him credit for bringing the topic of demonology to the public though.

I was not actually asking for advice on self deliverance. I was asking for anyone’s experiences about that. I actually feel that I understand the topic myself, but is always encouraging to see if others also do.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,090,782.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

True one can be.

Sure. Lots of time.
You don’t seem to feel that I should be concerned for anybody if they go to watch the video and then see little thumbnails to the side advertising inappropriate content. But the fact that it has Playboy in the title means that YouTube thought it should add in lots of Playboy images for other videos advertised.

The video itself has zero inappropriate content. As a woman I could look at those thumbnails and be indifferent. But I don’t see one thing wrong with wanting to protect men, who are so visual, from looking at those thumbnails. If they want to be helped to avoid them.

Many men who struggle to get over inappropriate contentography feel very upset when they see things that can trigger them. I was trying to be considerate about them.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,090,782.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

I guess I didn’t make myself clear in this post. Sorry about that. I was not asking for advice. I have been studying this subject for a long time and know where I stand.

I was just making a suggestion for anyone who is interested in self deliverance, to maybe look at that video.

And I was curious to hear about any self deliverance experiences others have had.

But incidentally, I do think you’re probably right about generational curses, which is one reason why I’m not a fan of Derek Prince, who pushes those. Our Messiah never ask people to confess the sins of their forefathers, that I have ever seen in the Bible.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
said some things which I think are pretty un biblical, but I don’t want to get into that. I will give him credit for bringing the topic of demonology to the public though.

I was not actually asking for advice on self deliverance. I was asking for anyone’s experiences about that. I actually feel that I understand the topic myself, but is always encouraging to see if others also do.

I misunderstood your post and will remove my response. I'm very conversant in self-deliverance and addressed it in the past but it isn't a subject I speak of often. People broach the topic from different perspectives and motivations. Mine exceeded deliverance. I wanted a legacy and I've done that.

~bella

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,090,782.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

True one can be.

Sure. Lots of time.
P.S. I never actually said that anyone should avoid all entertainment. I said this particular woman was told to generally give up TV while she was getting self deliverance. So she wouldn’t be distracted.

But since you brought up the subject, I will talk about television. I personally was told not to watch it, years ago. And I do not have a TV. I was told that it was being used to brainwash people, essentially.

And the things that I’ve heard about that are now on television are incredibly awful.

Even in the past, even the ads were often pretty dicey.

Why should we be sitting and watching others, propaganda, and fantasies? There’s always something so much more worthwhile to do.

There is nothing holy or edifying about the vast majority of secular entertainment. And remember these words from Scriptures, “Be careful when you think you stand, lest you fall.”

But you can ask the Lord about it.

Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟801,328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On your question, has anyone experienced self deliverance? Yes. Whether if it's for someone else or myself, relying on Jesus' authority. Same applies to prayers for healing. Also, can see her testimony in post #1as authentic.

"My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh." Prov 4:20-22

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟381,197.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I had 7 years of ministry coming out of darkness. Much was self deliverance as I learned the authority was there and the Spirit pin pointed matters to be renounced and refused. Most folks don't seem to understand the difference between prayer and prelamination when it comes to dealing with the demonic. I found that Satan would hammer the most vulnerable areas and standing against these attacks was critical. I also learned to use Praise as a weapon. But unless one has had a significant encounter with God and the awesome power and authority He has, it is unlikely they will be able to stand against intrusions with confidence. I also learned to pray for an early warning system so temptation could be dealt with before it progressed to sin. As in all things one has to learn to see what the Father is doing just as Jesus did. This is what brings the deliverance ministry into disrepute - failing to see the Fathers intent first. It is important to only exercise authority in accordance with what He has revealed first. Dealing with the demonic is not a pleasant calling but a necessary one. This is not a ministry to be sought out lightly. If I am led to a serious need in this area I will team up with one or two folks that I have known in the faith for 40 years or more.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,090,782.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
On your question, has anyone experienced self deliverance? Yes. Whether if it's for someone else or myself, relying on Jesus' authority. Same applies to prayers for healing. Also, can see her testimony in post #1as authentic.

"My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh." Prov 4:20-22
Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,090,782.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I had 7 years of ministry coming out of darkness. Much was self deliverance as I learned the authority was there and the Spirit pin pointed matters to be renounced and refused. Most folks don't seem to understand the difference between prayer and prelamination when it comes to dealing with the demonic. I found that Satan would hammer the most vulnerable areas and standing against these attacks was critical. I also learned to use Praise as a weapon. But unless one has had a significant encounter with God and the awesome power and authority He has, it is unlikely they will be able to stand against intrusions with confidence. I also learned to pray for an early warning system so temptation could be dealt with before it progressed to sin. As in all things one has to learn to see what the Father is doing just as Jesus did. This is what brings the deliverance ministry into disrepute - failing to see the Fathers intent first. It is important to only exercise authority in accordance with what He has revealed first. Dealing with the demonic is not a pleasant calling but a necessary one. This is not a ministry to be sought out lightly. If I am led to a serious need in this area I will team up with one or two folks that I have known in the faith for 40 years or more.
Thanks for sharing. But what is prelamination?

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,090,782.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I guess maybe I should share my own experiences a little.

I’ve never been into anything really gross like the occult or any drugs except a little marijuana when I was much younger, but I’ve sure had plenty of faults! Just as a couple of examples, I have been led to let the Lord deal with pride and temper.

At one time also I was pretty overweight, but I was freed from overeating through prayer.

My personal special emphasis is now on muttering the Word as much as is practical and private, around the clock. This has definitely led to more freedoms.

The Lord has pointed to me over and over where Joshua was told to not let words from scriptures to depart from his mouth, but to mutter on them day and night. And now we have more of the Old Testament than Joshua had, and of course, the New Testament with its wealth of scriptural truths.

There is so much evil in the world right now. So many potential dangers. Some Joshua never dreamed of.

Like Joshua, we have so many battles to fight. And I believe the need to battle effectively, and keep up the shield and the sword of the Word, will become more and more important in these last days.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟381,197.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing. But what is prelamination?
Whoops typo... Proclamation - Like Ezekiel speaking to the bones and commanding them prophetically. Speaking to the spiritual intrusion and commanding it be gone in Jesus name. This is not prayer. I usually ask the Lord to inspire my prayer, but to release authority and empowering to declare against any intrusions. This is a safe action if in His will and purpose - Within ones own life it is always OK unless God specifically says so (like Pauls thorn) However declaring against spiritual entities beyond one's self is a different matter and needs a specific calling to do so. Remember when entering the promised Land they could only enter little by little because of the wild animals - this was a protection from God and the same applies with dealing with the demonic - Hear His Word first and see what He wants to do, then act in obedience - then the results are assured and all is safe.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟70,328.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

And yet this is a topic that many in Christianity prefer to avoid or dismiss and I have personally never heard it discussed in a church.

In the video you can see what results she got and how long it took. If you want to watch the video, here is an alert if you are a man or if you are a woman struggling with inappropriate content. The thumbnails next to the video show Playboy models in little to no clothing. So you might want someone else to find and click on the video for you at a distance.

If something seems out of place on rare occasions I practice self deliverance. There are scripted prayers and declarations such as these Prayer for Salvation / Deliverance by Pastor John Kyle If one remains unsure or a case severe it is best to seek help from someone else that does this.

As an early Christian I was once attacked in my sleep pretty significantly. When I woke up I asked God for more power to combat such things. later that day at a Wed. evening service, one of the ministers at my church came to me and said that God told her to tell me that I already have the power. I had told no one. So yes we have authority and power in Christ, it is in the word too. Self deliverance can break curses hexes, soul ties, etc. We are to resist the devil. There are lots of ways to do spiritual warfare, fasting, self deliverance, praise, prayers and having faith in the word for all these things. It is no magic formula though, just trust God and do everything you can to stand against all enemies.

Isaiah 58:6-7 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

This Isaiah scripture implies that there is wickedness and burdens around us. To me there is an ebb and flow of the demonic that depends on the season, place, the people around us, and where we are in God. I don't see a demon in every bush but if I sense resistance, or something out of place why not come against it?

To take things a step further, Christians can on even rarer occasions curse certain things or people.

Elisha calling bears to devour the young men is a great example.

Eastwood Anabe an Ghanian pastor and author is one of the few I have ever heard teaching on this. For myself, I do not purposely curse people but I would for instance ask that finances dry up for an ongoing immoral enterprise.

For the most part though Seek first the kingdom and all these things shall be added are pretty sufficient. Still, these means of deliverance and speaking to obstacles should be taught as part of the Christian toolbox for problems that can surface.

Just my two cents, that you are searching for more shows a humble heart. I wish you God's best.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,090,782.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Richard T When people quote Isaiah 58 on fasting, they leave out the part about the Sabbath. I personally think it is important to keep the true sabbath.

The Lord also says that he will not alter what goes out of his mouth.

What went audibly out of his mouth at Mount Sinai with the 10 Commandments? A Friday evening to Saturday evening, Sabbath. And no, there are not two laws, one for Jews, and one for gentiles. We are told there is one law for all and that there is neither Greek nor Jew.

Whenever anyone wants to defend a Sunday Sabbath, they never ever quote either the Almighty or Messiah. They always quote Paul. First, of course, Paul had no authority whatsoever to change a single word spoken by the Lord. And in fact, he never said, and in fact, nothing in the Bible ever said, that the sabbath was changed to Sunday.

He simply made some remarks about not judging people which have been very misconstrued.

Again, Paul had no right whatsoever to change the longest commandment, or any commandment. He was just a puny little mortal like you and me.

I’m just bringing this up because you brought up Isaiah 58. And, again, people leave out the part about honoring the Sabbath.

I’m not saying that if people don’t keep the right Sabbath, that that means they are going to hell. We live so far distantly from the happenings in the Bible and there have been many false teachings and confusions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟457,265.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, i have experience with self deliverance.

The tricky part is identifying the problems, they are sneaky, and like to hide, so much, that even christians have problems and preach christians can't have spiritual problems at the same time, once the Holy spirit gives discernment showing you something, it has to go in Jesus name.
It could take 2 seconds, if it resists, or you lack faith, it could require more prayer, you could resist the devil like 20 minutes with determination if its required, it has to go, resist the devil and he will flee it says.

You need the Holy spirit to do all this. I think there is a reason why some denominations who don't believe in being filled with the HS, don't practice deliverance, and the ones that seek being filled do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0