What do you do when ppl complain to you?

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I cant imagine working in a call centre and dealing with customer complaints all day, everyday. But then thats a different thing, you invite complaints if you have that job. If nobody complained, you wouldnt be paid to listen to people complain to you lol.

Reactions: farout
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Im a problem solver, I find it hard to listen if someone just has a whinge for the sake of attention. We used to have mentally ill ppl ring up the library, they didnt have a legitimate question or problem they want solved, they just wanted attention. And they would spend what to me seemed HOURS yakking on the phone, when it was probably only 15 minutes of ranting.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ignore their complaint? Especially when they start whining.
Pray?
Give them advice or tell them its not your problem?
Hug them and tell them its not right but God will do something?
Tell them to take it up with whoever they complaining about?
Say its better to be thankful than complaining, as theres really nothing to complain about and God doest like it, because when the israelites complained in the wilderness even though God did everything for them, rescued them from the egyptians, it was enough...his grace is sufficient.

Anyone who continued to complain got swallowed up by the earth and died.

This is where Spiritual Gifts fall into place. I believe God has given me the gift of exhortation. I do listen or read and then respond usually after a prayer. I then may ask some questions or get some ideas where its all coming from. Then give advice or try to help as I believe God has directed. I do reach a point where if they have not followed some advice or moved on to make things better, I just move on. I most generally give a Scripture to help encourasge the person. If this takes in person I always pray for the person, family or whatever/

I think there is no one perfect way, but it is always up to the person.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I remember this one lady, she would always ring up wanting us go answer some trivia question so she could win a prize on the radio, and get angry at us if we couldnt so it right away. Then start complaining and attacking us if we didnt know.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Often when I pray for someone whos complained to me about some issue I cant do anything about, God gives me scripture and wisdom, but its often to do with their nature, sometimes im not sure if I ought to share that scriputre with them because a few times i did that and they werent happy about it!

I mean they can take or leave the advice from the Bible but dont shoot the messenger!

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also, codependncy develops when people manipulate you into helping them.

Co dependency is a word that has been misused a lot. It is not mint to be always a bad thing. In fact when looking up the term many people really do not fully understand it. A new born child must be codependent. A husband and wife married 50 years have learned to depend on each other so they can manage with their weaknesses to help each other.

So to just blanket a word to where one size fits all just does not fit all cases, but in a general way you are right. Blessings.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well of course thers legitmiate caretaking relationships but theres also unequally yoked ones.

Yes human s are very complicated, and no one can state a fact without finding and example that disproved a wide generalized statement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums