Midwest
✟15,255.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Traditionally, saying we are sexual beings means that we are either male or female. When you see the field marked "Sex" on a paper form, you usually put down "M" or "F", not "Yes, please".

The body is obviously important to God ... otherwise he wouldn't be bringing it back (resurrection). God created us as he wanted us to be - a body / spirit union. I don't think you can assign a weight to either one, such as 30% body, 70% spirit. It is true that after we die we will have to wait for our resurrection bodies.

So, we are sexual beings, created male and female in the image of God. Moderation is the key to a great many things.

So I'll say, "Moderation in both home and lovemaking, and what she feels comfortable and willing to give."

Upvote 0

They rally 'round the family
Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Where are you even getting the ridiculous idea that sex isn't approved by religion. Last I checked, God created sex.

Well...it's a result of the Fall.

If mankind hadn't fallen away from God we would reproduce like the Angels in Heaven (so say the Saints). And there are many traditions of limiting sex, no sex on Wednesdays, Fridays, major Feasts, 3 days before taking Communion, the day of taking Communion. Avoiding sex for two years after falling pregnant (otherwise you risk exposing the developing infant to lust. Not receiving Communion when on your period, or touching Holy things such as the Gospel.

There are many examples such as this. Agree or disagree with them, let it never be said that Religion and Sex can't be mutually exclusive towards one another.

Upvote 0

They rally 'round the family
Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Wasn't that an ancient Greek philosophy?

It's called Gnosticism. It is one of the earliest Heresies. Gnostics existed even before Christianity, when they became Christian, they simple remolded (rather than abandoned) their Gnostic beliefs to fit their own view of Christianity.

Gnostics believe that the entire material world is evil, and that the spiritual world is good.

They also believe in salvation through knowledge. The higher up you are in ranking, the more secret knowledge is revealed to you.

Gnostics also hate sex, with a passion. Although they did seem to be rather egalitarian towards their female members, allowing women priests and the like.

Gnosticism was accidentally rediscovered by Roman Catholics sometime in the pre-Dark Ages. They thought they were reading the writings of a Saint, but instead had stumbled upon a Gnostic Christian philosopher by a similar name.

And hence, Gnosticism has been influencing western Christianity ever since.

You can see it in Roman Catholic Cathedrals of the period. The base of the Cathedral is dark and poorly lit, while the windows are all placed up high to resemble Heaven and remind the parishioners that the world of matter is evil and the spiritual world is good.

Eventually the windows were upgraded to stain-glass for special effects purposes.

Last edited:
Reactions: ceh85
Upvote 0

Schneiderman

Senior Veteran
Aug 9, 2008
Long Island, New York
Visit site
✟12,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't read much of the thread but I'd bet that most of the answers are some variation on "both".

I plan to wait until marriage, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to want sex once I'm married; similarly, I would be more attracted to a girl who is also waiting for marriage, but that doesn't mean I want someone who is sexually repressed... far from it.

Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Marrying a conservative homemaker doesn't mean I'd be sacrificing sexual fun. Far from it."

Really good article, affirms Christian women CAN be what a man wants by being a saint in the parlor AND a saint in the bedroom by loving sex.

When you look at the "image of God" parallelism with male and female......maybe sexuality is part of our spirituality!

Upvote 0

stephanieamber

i am gonna love like you've never seen.
Jan 6, 2009
#upperleftusa
Visit site
✟14,418.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Sorry if I offended you, but the idea that we are sexual beings is laughable.

How do you reconcile being a sexual (physical) "being" with the concept of your immortal soul, the concept of eternal life, etc. They don't jive. The bible puts it plainly, we are spiritual beings.

you are getting ridiculously nit picky at my limited vocabulary and i think it's stupid. and every time i actually try to respond to you i get really upset and start typing swear words.

I may be misunderstanding him, but I think his problem with calling us "sexual beings" isn't that he thinks that we are asexual, but that the term suggests that our sexuality is all there is to us.

Yes, there is a sexual aspect to humanity. But that's not the only part of us. The term "sexual beings", IMHO, overemphasizes our sexuality.

We eat and enjoy eating. We even need food. So eating is a part of our humanity, the same as having sex is (more so). Yet we do not call ourselves "hungry beings" or "eating beings" or anything like that. Our consumption of food does not define our identities.

Of course human beings are sexual - that's how mammals reproduce, it's something most of us are capable of doing and it's something most of us enjoy doing. But it doesn't even begin to describe the totality of what it means to be a human being.

We aren't "sexual beings", we're "human beings." Our sexuality is merely one aspect of the human experience.

i never said or meant to imply that we are sexual beings exclusively, in that if i said we are emotional beings i would not mean to imply that we only act on emotion and not reason. sorry for not making it clear.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
i never said or meant to imply that we are sexual beings exclusively, in that if i said we are emotional beings i would not mean to imply that we only act on emotion and not reason. sorry for not making it clear.

I didn't think you meant it that way. :) It was the term I was taking issue with, not your use of it. No worries.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Quick tip for the ladies looking for a husband.
- Men like women who like sex, but not that much.

Speak for yourself. I hope my wife is insatiable. She'd have to be to actually want to do it with me, for starters.

- They also like women who are kind of, but not really all that promiscuous.

Not true at all in my case. Fidelity is extremely important to me.

- They like women who are kind of hearth and home oriented, but not a whole lot.

Okay, I can deal with this. I want a woman who will help keep the house up, but not like a Stepford Wife.

- They like women who can cook. That's a certainty.

And who will enjoy cooking WITH me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
So...what do men want? And what do women want to be?

I'll take the liberal.

- They like women who are kind of hearth and home oriented, but not a whole lot.

Just apply these tips and you might sort of have a lot of men at your door.

Ursher, Ludacris and Little Jonathan said it best, "We want a lady in the street, but a freak in the bed."

And then they said, "Yeah." A lot. Especially Little Jonathan.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ursher, Ludacris and Little Jonathan said it best, "We want a lady in the street, but a freak in the bed."

It's nice to know they agreed with each other. Especially Little Jonathan.

Upvote 0

chickhughes

Jan 12, 2011
✟7,711.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow,
I had no idea MY article stirred such a lively discussion. If you'd like to read it in its entirety or by its original author, please go to chickhughes.com. The article is called "Good Girl Graffiti."

I must say I'm frustrated that the OP copy pasted my work without so much as a credit or link back. Not cool.

I write on sex and relationships weekly. Feel free to read and comment on the blog. You can also join the Chick Hughes fanpage on Facebook and join in on the conversations relating to upcoming articles!

Thanks,
Chick Hughes

Upvote 0

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
dave_chappelle_show_a_moment_in_the_life_of_lil_jon_title.jpg

Reactions: white dove
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for spreading the most frustrating misconception about godly men.

Thanks for clearing up the misconception that you want sex. That sets you quite apart from pretty much everyone else in the world (except one other person on this board).

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
So...what do men want? And what do women want to be?

I'll take the liberal.

Just apply these tips and you might sort of have a lot of men at your door.

I don't know what 'conservative sexuality' is. That's like saying, "I'm innocent" but when she gets married, she'd do a free inappropriate content video for memory sake for them two only when they are older with just her husband and a liberal sexuality would be getting with anyone or multiple people at once because blood runs south the quickest, or maybe adding in toys or you mean those conservative ladies who throw their mouth to anyone willing to pay for their date aren't conservative after all? . The semantics make no sense.

I believe in equality. Give 200 percent to your half of the pie. What happened when you tried mashed potatoes before means nothing to me as long as it isn't sour.

Upvote 0