What de-conversion feels like

Lokmer

Jun 23, 2005
✟560.00
Faith
Humanist
spirit1st said:
WE WERE CREATED FOR GODS PLEASuRE.HE WANTED KIDS.HE ONLY WANTS THOSE WILLING TO ACCEPT HIM AS CREATOR AND LORD !

In that case, he surely screwed up majorly by creating people that would grow up, by putting the fruit in the garden that would convey adult reasoning, and then by putting a talking snake in there to tempt the humans to partake of it.

-Lokmer

Upvote 0

spirit1st

Nov 13, 2005
✟16,374.00
Faith
Christian
Well the flesh may have grown?But the spirit is just as little and dead as at the begining!
Not understanding that you are a spirit 1st.You judge after the flesh.
As most do!Even some who have had a new birth.
But the flesh is weak ,sickly and dies.We ALL choose to believe what we believe.We only accept what we decide to accept.Many mock GOD.They could not,unless they deep in there hearts?Knew there was a GOD.I have saw others die.Many in there last beath of life,say?OH GOD!
Funny how we can put on an act ,sometimes all our lifes.But ,it is only an act.Because deep in our heats we always know!Never forget years ago on a plane.sitting next to a girl ,she said there was no GOD.Said you are weak to believe in GOD.The plane went from 38000feet,to
about 16000.everyone was crying and praying.this girl too.I said ?Hey ,thought you did not believe in GOD.She cussed me ,and prayed on.Saying,you don"t have mercy on anyone!
i got up walked in the back.the plane was shaking.The ladys in the back were fastened in.They said ,hey ,why aree you up.WE are going down.I said it cannot go down.they said ?WHY?I said because I am here.I belong to GOD.This is not the way ,I will die.I have had many close to death experiances.once a guy.tried twice to shoot me.he claims tohave killed 11 people up topo then and is in prison for killing an old man in fl.benny platt.The gun was new 357.He tried hard to pull the trigger.BUT THE LORD ,would not let him.Later ,I saw him shoot the gun.
The point being?GOD PROTECTS HIS KIDS.DEATH IS NOT BAD FOR HIS CHILDERN.NICE even.But for the world.a real life nightmare,that does not end ,until judgement day.Then most will be put in the lake of fire!No fear or anything else can make people except CHRIST JESUS as LORD AND MASTER!I died and was going to hell.I did not change when I came back.I was shaking like in a storm.I just lied to my self .Still knowing deep in my heart the TRUTh .But after having a son .Then I ask GOD is HE was real and the bible was real.I would follow HIm,if HE would reveal HIMSELF TO ME.AND HE DID..Of course I have failed HIm many times since.But THANK GOD FOR ALL THAT TOOK PLACE IN MY LIFE AND THE DEATHS.AND THESE THINGS ARE GIVEN ME A BETTER UNDERSTAND OF WHO WE ARE AND WHERE WE GO.I never thought of it til now?But I guess the LOVE for my child caused me to accept JESUS CHRIST.I did not want my child to live the life ,I lived!

Upvote 0

anunbeliever

Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟8,986.00
Faith
Agnostic
Those of you who are christian or who were once christian - did you ever have those kind of people attend your church? Its almost like they speak another language. Having a conversation with them is difficult because they often missunderstand what you are saying - taking meaning where none is intended. They focus on things that others find irrelevent or obscure. Their sense of humor is very strange, if it exists at all. Some remind me of Ralph Wiggam all grown up and scarey.

Upvote 0

spirit1st

Nov 13, 2005
✟16,374.00
Faith
Christian
YES,THE TRUTH is scarery.But living in sin,and never truly knowing joy and happiness is the way most do!
THEY DON"T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE AND SEEM TO LIKE IT OUTWARDLY.BUT DEEP INSIDE IS A PLACE ,THAT LIFE CANNOT FILL.I lived both ways.I know the difference.Without knowing GOD?We really just do the best we see too do?
LIFE can be very hard ,with very unhappy times.But ?I find in CHRIST JESUS,it becomes lots better.NOTHING better than knowing and living the TRUTH!
FEW DO!
Church is full of unhappy people.KNOWING GOD is THE WAY.THOUGH THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.WE MUST ACCEPT HIM AS OUR LORD AND MASTER,HE IS ANYWAY!AND ASK HIM TO ENTER OUR HEARTS,
THEN WE KNOW GOD AS FATHER!I went though all the church stuff.never knowing HIM or the TRUTH.NOW I THANK GOD i DO!

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
spirit1st said:
I lived both ways.I know the difference.

What you know is the difference for you, not for me. It is absurd to say your experiences of yourself equate to my experiences with myself. Could you really say to an experienced Buddhist (just as one example) that he didn't know peace?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
spirit1st said:
YES,THE TRUTH is scarery.But living in sin,and never truly knowing joy and happiness is the way most do!
THEY DON"T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE AND SEEM TO LIKE IT OUTWARDLY.BUT DEEP INSIDE IS A PLACE ,THAT LIFE CANNOT FILL.I lived both ways.I know the difference.Without knowing GOD?We really just do the best we see too do?
LIFE can be very hard ,with very unhappy times.But ?I find in CHRIST JESUS,it becomes lots better.NOTHING better than knowing and living the TRUTH!
FEW DO!
Church is full of unhappy people.KNOWING GOD is THE WAY.THOUGH THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.WE MUST ACCEPT HIM AS OUR LORD AND MASTER,HE IS ANYWAY!AND ASK HIM TO ENTER OUR HEARTS,
THEN WE KNOW GOD AS FATHER!I went though all the church stuff.never knowing HIM or the TRUTH.NOW I THANK GOD i DO!

Hi Spirit1st,

Can I ask you a question? How do you know which words to type in all CAPS and which ones can remain in lower case?

The reason I ask is that I have been around CF for awhile now and I've seen a few people (not alot, but a few) who post as you do. Sometimes I believe that we aren't even speaking the same language, as our experiences are so different from one another. You've seem to set up a "truth system" that appears to make sense to you, but to be honest, it doesn't make alot of sense to me. It appears that you enjoy making statements like JESUS IS LORD GOD! or " I KNOW HIM - I KNOW TRUTH". These statements don't seem designed to convince nonbelievers to believe (I've not seen that happen yet) but it does seem to provide you with a sense of excitement and purpose. Does it feel good to declare GOD AS FATHER!

Reactions: LibertyChic
Upvote 0

spirit1st

Nov 13, 2005
✟16,374.00
Faith
Christian
Grizzly said:
Hi Spirit1st,

Can I ask you a question? How do you know which words to type in all CAPS and which ones can remain in lower case?

The reason I ask is that I have been around CF for awhile now and I've seen a few people (not alot, but a few) who post as you do. Sometimes I believe that we aren't even speaking the same language, as our experiences are so different from one another. You've seem to set up a "truth system" that appears to make sense to you, but to be honest, it doesn't make alot of sense to me. It appears that making statements like JESUS IS LORD GOD! or " I KNOW HIM - I KNOW TRUTH". These statements don't seem designed to convince nonbelievers to believe (I've not seen that happen yet) but it does seem to provide you with a sense of excitement and purpose. Does it feel good to declare GOD AS FATHER!

OH yes,it FEELS GREAT ,to know GOD IS MY FATHER.I love him so much for revealing this to me.And look forward to death again.But know?I will never get this chance to tell others again.
Like i said before?If we were in a boat and 100s of killer sharks were in the water ,And you were getting ready to jump in and they were waiting.Wouldn"t you like me to say?Look down ,they are waiting.But you keep looking up.And may you jump.or maybe you look down .That would be your choice.I just TRY to warn you!You will do as ,you desire .But one day ?You may say ?Gee wonder did that guy know something ,or was he a dummy? And NO,we have not experianced the same things in life.Very few ,i think!Had you experianced all ,I have?You would be preaching and typing nicer ,than I do.about it!But?Some would say far worse than anyone here ,has said to me.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
spirit1st said:
If we were in a boat and 100s of killer sharks were in the water ,And you were getting ready to jump in and they were waiting.Wouldn"t you like me to say?Look down ,they are waiting.

Now imagine you are saying this to us... but we both are walking on dry land far from any ocean. That's what it's like for us.

Reactions: Grizzly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eudaimonist said:
Now imagine you are saying this to us... but we both are walking on dry land far from any ocean. That's what it's like for us.

So true. And when we ask why you believe we are in peril, even though all we see is sand and dirt, your primary source of evidence is an ancient document claiming there are sharks everywhere.

Upvote 0

spirit1st

Nov 13, 2005
✟16,374.00
Faith
Christian
Know,I know about demons and hell and heaven .personal knowledge.
personal experiances
But of course it is also in the bible!
And you have choosen to not believe the bible ,and i guess ,me either.But some day ,you may change your mind!
Luk 16:27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
Luk 16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Luk 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
Luk 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

I KNOW THIS IS TRUE,As I WAS DEAD .And am here now to tell!But who will listen???

Upvote 0