• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What could I do to clamp down?

Jan 4, 2011
Letchworth GC, England
✟7,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm only 13, and I weigh 12 and a half stone. For those of you in the USA, it's around 165-170lbs. That is TOO HIGH FOR A 13 YEAR OLD. I need to lose it all quickly. I have no control over what my main meal is, my mother controls that. I normally don't have breakfast, except maybe a couple of slices of toast, but that's very rare for me to eat at breakfast. And at school, I live on a diet of Chicken Tikka Pasta Salad, which is cold chicken tikka style chicken, cold pasta, and mayonaisse. I do 20 sit ups each morning, but I can't lose any weight. My target weight is 8 stone. Could anyone help?

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think you would benefit from seeing a nutritionist. You should always see your doctor before exercising in case you have any conditions before you start trying to lose. Mayo and pasta and excess bread will put on weight. I have only 1 slice of bread a day. You can choose what you want to eat for dinner by simply not eating things bad for you if your mom cooks them. Like skip desert most of the time. Eat veggie portions as big as your fist. Your protein should be as big as your palm and the plate contents should not be bigger than your head. I am trying to lose too. You need lots of veggies, without butter, protein, grains and fruit and dairy but all in moderation.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looks to me like you eat way to many carbs, , try cutting back on all that sugar. makes u more hungrier anyway. protien, lean meats......and exercise, slowly at first, then build up. do go in expect to much, you'll end up not sticking with it.

Upvote 0
How tall are you? You might not even weigh too much. If you're 6 feet tall, you're probably even underweight. Also, people go through different stages during their growth, and you might just be getting ready for a growth spurt. Honestly, first thing you need to do is just relax a bit.

But exercise is always good! In terms of health, 20 situps a day is not going to do anything for you. Although the information is still debated, most people now say that 13 is too young to start weightlifting. Depending upon how Kuk Sool Won is taught, it might not offer any significant exercise to you. If it consists of lots of kata and one step sparring, it might not be an intense enough workout to really help you.

My best advice is to take up a sport that you find fun. If you find it fun, you won't even notice you're exercising. If you like martial arts, think about taking up a more sport oriented art, like wrestling, judo or brazilian jiu jitsu. Alternately, join a team of some sort at school. Guarantee, if you have fun and do an hour a day, you'll start noticing differences.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2011
Letchworth GC, England
✟7,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Well, Jro, I might start playing Rugby again. I used to play for the Romsey Wasps, in Hampshire, England. I'm 5' 10" I think. And yeah, I think I WILL start doing rugby again. So, I guess all this extra bulk helps :p

I am actually stronger than I thought, I realised today. I was doing a drama performance in a small group, and for the performance, I grabbed my friend round the neck. I was meant to just push him slightly, so he'd fall and not damage himself. I ended up throwing him 12 feet across the room and breaking his collarbone! So, I guess I do have some muscle hiding under all this flab after all :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums