what color is the sky on planet Catholic?

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
watchfilms.jpg

This is going to be entertaining.

I guess white and gold.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to a stat I recently read, about 1.2 thousand million people are Catholics, or whom about 1.1 thousand million are of the Roman persuasion. The same source said that there are 700 million Protestants and 300 million Orthodox. From that I'm not too concerned that the Roman Catholic Church is in danger of going out of business any time soon, and i doubt that very many Catholics could care less whether Anglicans are beating their doors down to get in or that the RCC may have lost .0023% of its members over the past X years.

Upvote 0
T

Thekla

Color is always contextual; our perception of color changes based on light source (or lack), adjacent colors, atmospheric conditions (humidity deepens color), etc.

The color of the sky on "planet Catholic" depends on the color of your sky, and the atmospheric conditions through which you see both skies, etc.

Here, if you want to play a bit with color:
Same Same or Different

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i think islam is the fastest growing religion
That doesn't mean much, though, does it? If I found The Church of Eating Doughnuts, and my membership grows from 1 to 16 the first year, then it could easily qualify as the Fastest Growing Religion with a 1500% annual growth rate. Still only be 16 doughnut chompers, though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jlmagee

Apr 5, 2011
Arkansas
✟7,888.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That doesn't mean much, though, does it? If I found The Church of Eating Doughnuts, and my membership grows from 1 to 16 the first year, then it could easily qualify as the Fastest Growing Religion with a 1500% annual growth rate. Still only be 16 doughnut chompers, though.

Agreed, but when it has gained in numbers and percentage of world population it is hard to laugh off. 1.65 billion/ 23% a gain of about 10% in the last 20 years. Christianity has lost 5% in the las 10.

Christianity may be better off seeing a God placed rainbow of Hope.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Jipsah said:
From that I'm not too concerned that the Roman Catholic Church is in danger of going out of business any time soon,
Globally, no.
In most western countries, however, the local picture is rather less rosy. Then you have the hard liners who would like to see the 75% who are honest about ignoring the rules chucked out. That would change the landscape a bit

Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ebia said:
Globally, no.
In most western countries, however, the local picture is rather less rosy. Then you have the hard liners who would like to see the 75% who are honest about ignoring the rules chucked out. That would change the landscape a bit

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that the loss of those leaving the Catholic Church in the US are compensated for by immigrants that have come to the US. My Parish, for example, is rather robust for a small community in no small part due to hispanics and Philipinos, to name two groups, and there are lots of kids taking Catechism classes, etc., who will add to the ranks of Catholics. Also, we cannot ignore the fact that there are Protestants who do convert to Catholicism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure how it is in the rest of planet Catholic, but it's another perfect day here in Catholicville with a beautiful sky blue sky and not a cloud in sight. In the garden, the roses dedicated to teh Blessed Virgin Mother are showing off their finest blooms while a Curve-billed Thrasher whistles a hymn of praise. It's such a splendid morning I think I'll mosey to one of the four Catholic churches within a ten minutes drive of here to give God thanks and praise with a couple hundred of my religious cohorts.

It's a good day to be Catholic. :liturgy::priest::crossrc:

Upvote 0

Abrahamist

Roman Catholic Convert
Mar 21, 2012
United States
✟15,460.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure how it is in the rest of planet Catholic, but it's another perfect day here in Catholicville with a beautiful sky blue sky and not a cloud in sight. In the garden, the roses dedicated to teh Blessed Virgin Mother are showing off their finest blooms while a Curve-billed Thrasher whistles a hymn of praise. It's such a splendid morning I think I'll mosey to one of the four Catholic churches within a ten minutes drive of here to give God thanks and praise with a couple hundred of my religious cohorts.

It's a good day to be Catholic. :liturgy::priest::crossrc:

In deed it is.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
On planet Catholic.
The don't call me Roman, Catholic Church is not a denomination, has not been loosing members, and Anglicans are knocking down the door.

My guess a very bright blue?
On planet Protestant, it is red :)

Matthew 16:1 Then the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and testing Him asked that He would show them a sign from heaven.
2 He answered and said to them, "When it is evening you say, '[It will be] fair weather, for the sky is red';
3 "and in the morning, '[It will be] foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.'
Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot [discern] the signs of the times.

default.jpg

Total Recall Music - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟822,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
On planet Catholic.
The don't call me Roman, Catholic Church is not a denomination, has not been loosing members, and Anglicans are knocking down the door.

My guess a very bright blue?
The same color as it is over all who have been blessed with knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. May peace be upon all my brothers and sisters who know the Lord.

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0