What Camera Do You Recommend?

G

GuitarBuddy32

I'm really wanting to get a digital camera, but I don't have all that much to spend on one. I found a Nikon Coolpix 880 3.2 Megapixel and a Fuji Fine Pix 3800 on Ebay and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either of them. Any others you would recommend? I'd like one that can take decent action shots (minnimal shutter lag) and that would have some manual settings, as I am wanting to learn more about photography. I have seen on reviews that the Fuji Fine Pix has a slow shutter lag at full telephoto, does anyone know how it is otherwise? I will be taking photos for the computer mainly. I don't plan on printing them.

Thanks and GOD BLESS!!!

Nathan

onfire4Jesus

Mar 26, 2004
✟8,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know much about either of those cameras. I don't know how much you're willing to spend, but I hear that the Canon digital Rebel is awesome. That would be my first choice. However, if you're just starting in photography, I might would go with something a little cheaper. Sorry I'm not much help here! :sorry:

Reactions: Miss Mayberry
Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know much about digital cameras although I'd like to get one for myself. Thing is, I can only afford a cheap one and I don't want a cheap one. I want a good one and those are usually more expensive. Anyway, I use a Kodak Advantix C400 and it works very well for me.

Upvote 0

4wheelerforChrist

Mar 2, 2004
Colorado
Visit site
✟145.00
Faith
Lutheran
The Z2 minolta seems to have very little shutter lag. That's the Camera I am planing on buying. Z2

Nikon Coolpix 880 has pretty bad shutter lag. I know I have one and I am selling it.

I would stay away from Fuji Fine Pix. They really JPG the heck out of the pictures.

Most digital camera for around $300 are going to have some shutter lag. You really don't get to see and improvment till you get to the pro cameras. But the cameras that are out there now are much better and faster then the ones a few years ago.

Steve

GuitarBuddy32 said:
I'm really wanting to get a digital camera, but I don't have all that much to spend on one. I found a Nikon Coolpix 880 3.2 Megapixel and a Fuji Fine Pix 3800 on Ebay and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either of them. Any others you would recommend? I'd like one that can take decent action shots (minnimal shutter lag) and that would have some manual settings, as I am wanting to learn more about photography. I have seen on reviews that the Fuji Fine Pix has a slow shutter lag at full telephoto, does anyone know how it is otherwise? I will be taking photos for the computer mainly. I don't plan on printing them.

Thanks and GOD BLESS!!!

Nathan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Mrs. A2J~

According to your faith will it be done to you
Aug 13, 2004
South Texas
Visit site
✟10,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GuitarBuddy32 said:
Thanks for all the info guys. I found a great deal on a Canon Powershot G2 on Ebay. I purchased it and it came today. I am very please with it. It was about the best I had been able to find in my price range for now.

Thanks again!

-Nathan
I have this camera and it's great!

Sarah

Upvote 0