What book of the Bible should I read for someone coming back to God?

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And someone,who struggled with faith?
The Book of John is often recommended for new believers or to secure your faith. This book describes who Jesus is. You must know who He is before you can believe in Him. It describes His deity, the I AM's. As He said to Moses, "Tell them I AM sent you."
That was an introduction to all the I am's in John. "I am the Light"; "I am the Good Shepard"; "I am the Bread of Life"; "I am from above"; "before Abraham was, I AM"; "I am the Resurrection and the Life"; "I am the vine, you are the branches"; "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life ..."
You must realize that to take away the sins of the world you must be God, a mere man or angel could not. You must be all-knowing, all-powerful and omnipresent! Think of it know billions of people, all their sins, past, present and future in addition to all who have ever lived as well -- it requires God to do that. In John, He said I and the Father are ONE ... if you've seen Me, you've seen the Father and so He is the exact expression in the fullness of Glory, Grace, Truth, Power that the Father is. He relinquished and put aside all that temporarily to empty Himself into a baby, grow into a man and live among us. God became flesh and dwelt among us!
The more you know Him, the more your faith will grow. Faith comes by the WORD. A high degree of intelligence is not the way to God, otherwise, Stephen Hawking would know Him. You need to humble yourself and come to Him as a child and remove the preconceived garbage that the world has taught you.

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why did it scare you?

I have an mental illness called schiz·o·phre·ni·a.- a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.

God put the Bible into reality for me. I wasn't prepared for it. Angels attacked me. God was saving me. My health was not normal. My doctor diagnosed me with a mental illness because I was seeing people vanish and died people. And ghosts touching me. But I found Jesus or God attacking my illness that calmed me down.

What makes me angry that know one believes me. Well got to go I have to eat lunch now. reply me again. I don't mind talking about returning to God. I love talking about God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And someone,who struggled with faith?

Moon, "What book of the Bible should I read for someone coming back to God"?

The whole Book which is called Bible, should be read! One can not pick and choose a book in Scripture which fits an agenda of that particular individual.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Re: What book of the Bible should I read for someone coming back to God?

Like others, I think the book of John would be great. For someone that struggled with their faith, let me suggest trying to accept whatever you read as true, and your job is to seek to resolve difficult passages by targeting your understanding (and lack of Biblical experiences) rather than the verse. IMO, it takes a lot of repetition of reading Scripture, prayer, and devotion/obedience to the Lord to come to understand him, but there is no need to have a goal for any certain level of competence. It's just a matter of wanting to know God better so you can connect with him better and do what he wants (which is what will turn out best for yourself in the long run). Ask God for help to know him better—perhaps every time you pick up your Bible to read something. He loves you and very much desires for you to know him better, but he won't force himself on you. You need to go to him. (He already knows you. :))

It's been ten days since your original post. Have you had a chance to start reading something in the Bible again?

Upvote 0