• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Feeling fine. I'm gonna pray in a bit, I need the Lord's guidance now.
I'm not sure why I keep waking up this way. I'm not gonna blame the world for this but my mind is sick. Out of nowhere came thoughts about a video game that I didn't play in a while. I thought I was done with them! :o
I mean, I am. I'm not playing anything for weeks now but I didn't think I'd have to fight temptations to do so. This is gonna be a lone battle. So what did I do? Well, I had to play a little flash game. lol
Didn't even take 5 minutes but I felt like I took a small dose of drugs. I could swear that my heart started beating fast as soon as I heard that music...
I'm not sure what to do about this so I'm gonna do my best, with the grace of God, not to play it anymore. :doh:

I hope everyone else is doing good!
This is going to be a good day in the Lord! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure why I keep waking up this way. I'm not gonna blame the world for this but my mind is sick. Out of nowhere came thoughts about a video game that I didn't play in a while. I thought I was done with them! :o
I mean, I am. I'm not playing anything for weeks now but I didn't think I'd have to fight temptations to do so. This is gonna be a lone battle. So what did I do? Well, I had to play a little flash game. lol
Didn't even take 5 minutes but I felt like I took a small dose of drugs. I could swear that my heart started beating fast as soon as I heard that music...
I'm not sure what to do about this so I'm gonna do my best, with the grace of God, not to play it anymore. :doh:

Struggling with different issues can be hard. I empathize.

Upvote 0

strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Struggling with different issues can be hard. I empathize.

True, but it's not really a struggle but rather a random temptation that comes and usually lasts for a very short time.
This is going to sound silly but a couple days ago I had a dream about playing a video game. I haven't played any for a while now. I'm gonna treat those dreams as nothing more than a temptation. Good thing it was only one. :muahah:
It's time to be going forward, looking at Jesus and being confident that He will equip us with everything we need to make Him look good in this world. :) :preach:

Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
True, but it's not really a struggle but rather a random temptation that comes and usually lasts for a very short time.
This is going to sound silly but a couple days ago I had a dream about playing a video game. I haven't played any for a while now. I'm gonna treat those dreams as nothing more than a temptation. Good thing it was only one. :muahah:
It's time to be going forward, looking at Jesus and being confident that He will equip us with everything we need to make Him look good in this world. :) :preach:

Very insightful. Yes, it's good to make a decision to go forward. Good for you. Take care.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dianna_Child of God

He is my All in All
Sep 8, 2011
✟17,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

It will be a long battle, but you can do it!! God is with you.

Upvote 0

strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I pray the exam goes well.

Thanks. :)
It's supposed to be an easy one.
-------------------------------
I've been thinking about my discipleship for days now and I'm really wondering if I meet the requirements. I know I'm a horrible disciple and I know God has no need of such as me. I'm praying that He helps me and I'm assured that He will. I'm gonna pray some more about it later today but I see no escape out of my situation. I've sort of managed to put a picture of a Jesus disciple in my head and I'm far from what I'm supposed to be. Salvation is by faith alone. I believe that. Meh... I guess all is gonna go well. I'm done complaining. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.