• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some mornings are good, but I go through periods where the mornings are difficult. Its anxiety, hopelessness. It lasts until i am fully awake, then it diminishes.

When you feel anxious does it relate back to the past or the present? The same for the hopelessness. What do you do with the anxiety suppress it or express it? (To Jesus?) Do you confront your fears or are you terrorized by them?

I know you have a lot of hope, for you display that here, so what are you feeling hopeless about? A particular sin or weakness or something else?

Maybe something to think about brother.

Some things you just cant talk about. Many people might even scoff at my trauma, or say its my own falt and dismiss it, as if it were nothing, but its damaged me severely. Its real and its hard.

Yes that is how felt about my trauma as well, hide away, don't say antything, I didn't even tell my wife, always blaming myself for my feelings and hassles as a result of it and refusing to take the pain seriously, or show myself any mercy, but in the mean time these were all trigger points in my life brother.

Honest you have to empty yourself out not store the crap, you have to get rid of it, before it gets rid of you.

praying you think about this very seriously indeed.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When you feel anxious does it relate back to the past or the present? The same for the hopelessness. What do you do with the anxiety suppress it or express it? (To Jesus?) Do you confront your fears or are you terrorized by them?

I know you have a lot of hope, for you display that here, so what are you feeling hopeless about? A particular sin or weakness or something else?

Maybe something to think about brother.
[/QUOTE]

sometimes its the past other times the present. I deal with it by praying, waiting for the Lord, and persevering[/

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling crappy right now. I slept 4 hours so that was good it is only just 1 am, however I feel so nauseated and got a head ache I feel horrible.

I hope I will soon get some more sleep.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Went to a funeral today. A memorial yesterday.

My family is weird because we celebrate their life at funerals and not mourn them. We dine, chat and go on our way. I like that better than tears.

But yet, we mourn the loss of a pet.

Still mad that the people who hit my brothers dog had time to move her off the road but not call.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Winter

Jesus, let it be ok
Jan 18, 2009
New England
✟25,253.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Feeling crappy right now. I slept 4 hours so that was good it is only just 1 am, however I feel so nauseated and got a head ache I feel horrible.

I hope I will soon get some more sleep.
Praying that you find rest my friend. God bless you. I have you in my prayers.

Upvote 0

jdw4jesus

Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2004
New York State
Visit site
✟44,884.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Praying for everyone here. Hang in there. May the Lord bring us comfort and hope during our darkest moments.

Thank you so much! This is such a wonderful community. Praying for you too!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling exhausted, I have been able to sleep only 1 hour again though I tried going back to bed three times. So tired and drained wishing I could sleep. My wife rang the doctor twice yesterday to see if she could get me something to get down but he hasn't got back to her yet. I'm in no state to go there myself, it is a real pain I need to sleep before I loose it again.

So strange how I can be so exhausted and still not be able to sleep longer than 3 or 4 hours if I'm lucky, it is simply weird and unexplainable to me.

Hoping you are all okay.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hurray I slept 6 hours straight for the first time absolute ages and feel so much better than I have because of it apart of very nauseated from the tablets I took to get to sleep. I'm going to try again tonight before giving it a break. They recommend only using it twice in a row and not too often. Every little bit helps though isn't it?

I keep think about our Chinese brother and really hope he is not in trouble, it has been so long since he has been around. I do pray for him but it is hard not knowing how he is going. The Chinese government is up to no good with their super dragon ideas, I so hope our brother is not getting court up in all of that.

Feeling slightly tired again so maybe I will still sleep a little ore today, I hope so. Feeling tired like this is so different than being exhausted, feeling tired brings sleep just like that but exhaustion keeps me awake because my feelings become far to strong and demanding to give me peace, bloody P.T.S.D crap, seems so unfair I can't seem to get rid of that. The normal way of dealing with wrongs from myself or the world is very different than fighting bad life which flows from the wicked deeds of evil gone people, I'm not sure which way to proceed for it seems unlikely that it is impossible to get rid of other peoples bad life, Jesus did that as well, so it should be possible. Something tells me to leave it behind in hades when the time to dump that comes, but that is not for a 1000 years! I don't feel like walking around like this for that long please. Plus new flesh is not damaged by the sins of others, so obviously Jesus has a way to remove such burdens from us another way.

Any one any idea how to deal permanently with PTSD like symptoms in a productive way? I wish I did.

Keep waiting and praying I suppose.

Have a great day everyone

Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Prayer Warrior for Christ
Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I feel like a failure, and not in a good way. I feel like I'm trying everything, and in the end, IT'S NOT ENOUGH! I also have no help from people at all... One time on here, I would sometimes vent on the chat, and a member (now banned for being disrespectful of others) would always be very rude and tell me to "help myself" without an explanation!

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
abs
Feeling confused. And am confused to why I feel confused, if that's possible. :D

Absolutely, I get that all the time. It is best to look at Jesus and not the confusion it is just a smoke screen from satan to place more crap in you.

Ask Jesus to protect you and wait till you feel faith in His love return hope in you then you know you are safe from attack.

Praying you be okay sis

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
God has abandoned me.... my brother just yelled at me for 5 minutes straight

God knows you. Be calm. Pray.........Seek God.............Seek a GOOD priest.

What problems you having friend?

• Prayers
Upvote 0