• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Struggling with that one common sin among young Christian men that I can't mention on this thread because the mods keep taking down the posts. But you all know what it is, if you've seen me around long enough. It was men this time. I was jealous of what they looked like. I wanted to look like them. So...I did what I usually do. Prayers needed.

:hug::prayer:

Upvote 0

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Struggling with that one common sin among young Christian men that I can't mention on this thread because the mods keep taking down the posts. But you all know what it is, if you've seen me around long enough. It was men this time. I was jealous of what they looked like. I wanted to look like them. So...I did what I usually do. Prayers needed.

I don't know what you mean and you don't need to tell me, i'll pray brother.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sorry to hear you are still struggling with this. The best is to thank God for who you are and what you look like. Like the creation story says - and behold He saw that it was good! Accept yourself and give God glory. What your other sin concerns, Christ died to save sinners so seek Him out to help you with it. Jesus is able to help you like no one else can on this site or elsewhere. Find comfort in His forgiving love and praise Him because you are allowed to know Him and serve Him.

Psalm 119:9-16
How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
Praise be to you, Lord;
teach me your decrees.
With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.
I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
"Doubt". About a Catholic priest accused of molesting a boy...but you are never 100% certain.

Ooh topical.

In high school, drama club wanted to do that play but it was rejected because of what it's about. The thing with things such as plays, musicals, art in general is that it's supposed to get you thinking. If it doesn't, it's doing an awful job.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ooh topical.

In high school, drama club wanted to do that play but it was rejected because of what it's about. The thing with things such as plays, musicals, art in general is that it's supposed to get you thinking. If it doesn't, it's doing an awful job.
Don't get me wrong, I liked the play. It was just intriguing. I don't know what to take away from it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling better than yesterday and heaps better since Tuesday, still very restless and slightly depressed. I've got a job interview next week Thursday, I should be back on my feet by then I hope.

Sleep tight.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
A li'l annoyed at myself. I wish I had my friends +10 charisma and +5 social skills because I messed up horribly yesterday and need to approach her and someone else better. I was finally meeting people, got scared of the the idea and messed it up. I'll text her later today. What was I doing in high school, where I wasn't the best person to be around, right that made it easy for me to be social and talk to people? I know Stuff happened but it shouldn't have affected me this badly. Dad sbouldn't have affected me this badly. I wish I could just go back to being blase about people, but no, someone was interested and Ingot hooked in. Now I'm at that awkward, unused to someone wanting a friendship and being nice.

So. I need +40 charisma skill and +15 social to get myself out of the negative.

(non DnD terms: i have no social skills an am shier than i let on help)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A li'l annoyed at myself. I wish I had my friends +10 charisma and +5 social skills because I messed up horribly yesterday and need to approach her and someone else better. I was finally meeting people, got scared of the the idea and messed it up. I'll text her later today. What was I doing in high school, where I wasn't the best person to be around, right that made it easy for me to be social and talk to people? I know Stuff happened but it shouldn't have affected me this badly. Dad sbouldn't have affected me this badly. I wish I could just go back to being blase about people, but no, someone was interested and Ingot hooked in. Now I'm at that awkward, unused to someone wanting a friendship and being nice.

You must be talking about a website i guess. How does that work?

Upvote 0

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Feeling down and tired - it is 2.11 am - I should be sleeping - hopefully soon catch a little more

I wonder if meditation would help. Like emptying the mind of everything and thinking only about one thing, like maybe mediating on sitting against a tree resting, eyes closed, listening to a stream of water flowing gently over rocks. Something like that

I dont know but i think my restless mind is why i cannot sleep sometimes.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if meditation would help. Like emptying the mind of everything and thinking only about one thing, like maybe mediating on sitting against a tree resting, eyes closed, listening to a stream of water flowing gently over rocks. Something like that

I dont know but i think my restless mind is why i cannot sleep sometimes.

I've been asleep but woke up. It is a mental clarity that is the problem not so much a restless mind. When I get that then I can't get to sleep but that is not what the problem is. I wake up and can't get back to sleep.

Meditation helps heaps. I do that a lot. I also really believe in being mindful - take stock of what goes on within our inner being. When the going gets tough the weak succumb unless the strong look after the weak and build them stronger. The best is not to let it upset you, no matter how tiring it gets.

Despite my sleeping problem I still get 6+ hours a day on average, if I manage my insomnia like this then things should stay reasonable. The problem starts when my daily sleep drops below 5 hours a day, once I got on average 3 hours a day - it took 14 months but I did go psychotic in a bad way after that.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

:hug: I know how you feel.

Today I feel like I have done to man Aspergian things, and I might have annoyed some people, if they didn't annoy me. But I don't want to just explain myself away because I'll bet a fourth of them have Asperger's, too, including this blind girl who's become like my new best friend (I think it's 50/50, though).

Right now I'm in my dorm room alone, and as much as I'd love to interact some more I just don't know how I'd go about doing it. Everyone's schedules are different and they might not want to hear me talk forever and ever. :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.