• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I forgot you live in Australia and was confused for a brief moment. Have a good fathers day!

Thanks a lot, so far the day has been good to me. don't know how it will go when the noise levels rise but we'll see I suppose.

Have a great week

Glad you had good family time & thank God you were feeling well!

I've been listening to Sons of Korah's "Psalm 95", live version over and over. My favorite so far.

Had a good day today. I Was invited to a musical jam session with a bunch of greybeards in our 60s & 70's playin' oldies for well over 4 hours. Very theraputic for me & made some new friends. Haven't had such fun in a long time! Thank you Lord! He knew what I needed! :)

Yes it is awesome to praise The Lord - straight out of scripture - absolutely awesome when I'm in my manic time, but often sadly missed when I'm in my down time, but then psalm 1, 6, 23, and 51 become all time favourites. Have a look they have sample songs of all their music. They've got dvd's too.
http://www.sonsofkorah.com/
https://www.facebook.com/sonsofkorah

They hoping to come to the USA in Feb 2016 and are open to invitations. We had them singing in our Church once, I was to unwell to attend and didn't know about them yet, but a friend bought one of their cds and gave me one. Been hooked ever since.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:hug::pray:
I ended up taking ibuprofun and sucking it up. I've gone to multiple doctors and there's really nothing that can be done outside of surgery and things that I've already tried.
Praying for you, firefly. :hug:

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Please pray for me, all. I'm having a ton of issues with school, friends, and feeling overwhelmed by everything. And I'm getting worried about my sexuality again. I just don't want to be trapped with this mindset of "LGBT unless otherwise deemed heterosexual by society". I shouldn't care so much about what other people think of me. I'm free to be me and I know to serve God.

Upvote 0

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I ended up taking ibuprofun and sucking it up. I've gone to multiple doctors and there's really nothing that can be done outside of surgery and things that I've already tried.

I use to have a lot of stomach pain. Im not sure if it was ulcers or what it was. I drank a little organic vinegar and it helped.

Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please pray for me, all. I'm having a ton of issues with school, friends, and feeling overwhelmed by everything. And I'm getting worried about my sexuality again. I just don't want to be trapped with this mindset of "LGBT unless otherwise deemed heterosexual by society". I shouldn't care so much about what other people think of me. I'm free to be me and I know to serve God.

Amazing. Very recently I had an impression you were going through some "stuff". Dealing with a lot of things at once is enough to knock the wind out of you. Praying for you, brother.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Amazing. Very recently I had an impression you were going through some "stuff". Dealing with a lot of things at once is enough to knock the wind out of you. Praying for you, brother.
Thank you :)

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If loneliness were a desert, love would be rain
watering the soul in a drought of pain
No one sees and no one knows
The heart of a lonely desert Rose
Parched and withering it will endure
Waiting for the rains to come once more

Upvote 0

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In all of life's disappointment, all my failures and sufferings, i know that God is real. Not because a book tells me so, but because my heart tells me so. Politics fail, friendships fail, i fail, but God has not failed. I love the Lord and i know he loves me. I am so happy at this very moment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fortran

Oct 10, 2013
Rural Missouri, United States
✟12,374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Sorry to hear that you are struggling brother. Even though God's approval is what we should ultimately strive for, it seems to be a part of human nature to desire acceptance and approval. While, if I am honest, sexuality is not a personal struggle of mine, obsessing over the opinions of others is. Definitely praying for you.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I use to have a lot of stomach pain. Im not sure if it was ulcers or what it was. I drank a little organic vinegar and it helped.

Unfortunately, it's something organic anything can't help or change or fix. If it did, I wouldn't be having this problem.

Reactions: Poster0
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

hoping you will find safety under the banner of God's love brother.

:hug:

In all of life's disappointment, all my failures and sufferings, i know that God is real. Not because a book tells me so, but because my heart tells me so. Politics fail, friendships fail, i fail, but God has not failed. I love the Lord and i know he loves me. I am so happy at this very moment.

Isn't it amazing that even though everyone including ourself fail us and yet God is greatest and with Him we are safest. I hope you will be able to stay close to His truth in your life

I'm feeling good today. When I woke up the sun was shinning and I felt rested and at peace and I knew straight away that Jesus was smiling at me.

Going to work after it, is always good to spend time at the refuge for homeless men, made some nice friends there over the last few years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling hopeful that today will be fine. Yesterday I had a bad day at work, so that was a bit disappointing, lets hope today will be a bit better.

Psalm 7:17
I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness;
I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay. I'm watching the next part to a let's play on youtube, and i still can't believe i'm watching it but i love butterfly effect games. After, I'm just gonna watch Gravity Falls until I fall asleep. I need to start packing but I'm honestly just so lethargic at this point. I ate an entire bag of apple slices earlier, in retrospect, I shouldn't have done that but apples are delicious and I make A+ choices all the time.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Okay. I'm watching the next part to a let's play on youtube, and i still can't believe i'm watching it but i love butterfly effect games. After, I'm just gonna watch Gravity Falls until I fall asleep. I need to start packing but I'm honestly just so lethargic at this point. I ate an entire bag of apple slices earlier, in retrospect, I shouldn't have done that but apples are delicious and I make A+ choices all the time.
Is the butterfly effect a company or just a genre? (I know where e term comes from and what it means).

And hey, at least you didn't eat a bunch of cookies or something! Healthy choices! :clap:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.