• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
if you did a little bit of research rather than blindly follow propaganda targeted to christians you probably wouldn't be saying that. though i agree obamacare is a joke now after the republicans stripped it. it should have been a single payer system so that everyone could enjoy health care, but instead the republicans added an anual fee to penalize those who can't afford insurance, and still made insurance expensive so in the end the hospitals keep profiting and the poor are left to die - and they get the pleasure of blaming obama too.

hope you feel better
It was kind of a joke when I said I was a "conservative"--I meant like in a social sense, not a straw man sense.

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Siiiick D= I have a respiratory infection and cannot seem to go a minute without feeling like my lungs are gonna come up. My ribs are beginning to to hurt ):

UPSIDE I sign up for classes today (Tuesday)!
I hope you will feel better soon.

Upvote 0

Cracklin Rose

May 2, 2015
✟261.00
Faith
Christian
dont see the point of living anymore. the older i get the more i can see through the lies of christianity and everything in life seems pointless. also whats the point of praying if god doesn't interact with this world because of free will? whats the point of believing that he loves us when the only evidence we have is an outdated book that gets dis-proven by science daily, and only because other people tell us or brainwash us from childhood.

Upvote 0

Fortran

Oct 10, 2013
Rural Missouri, United States
✟12,374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Siiiick D= I have a respiratory infection and cannot seem to go a minute without feeling like my lungs are gonna come up. My ribs are beginning to to hurt ):

UPSIDE I sign up for classes today (Tuesday)!

Sorry to hear that you are a ill. Congratulations on starting or returning to college. College can be stressful, but, for my part, aside from my faith, I sometimes feel like it is the only that has kept me going on. I have always loved the educational environment though - I am quite the nerd.

However, I think for all who attend college, it can be representative of new beginnings; it can bring a bit of purpose and structure to the everyday. Just a friendly piece of advice to all who attend college, focus more on the journey - the skills, the experiences, the concepts learned - more than the goal (that is, the degree). A degree itself is almost meaningless, not only practically, but also emotionally.

Sorry to hear that it sounds as if many are facing increased difficulties at the moment. I try to keep y'all in my prayers.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
dont see the point of living anymore. the older i get the more i can see through the lies of christianity and everything in life seems pointless. also whats the point of praying if god doesn't interact with this world because of free will? whats the point of believing that he loves us when the only evidence we have is an outdated book that gets dis-proven by science daily, and only because other people tell us or brainwash us from childhood.
Nonsense. Christianity is alive, well, and still very relevant. God has used things the world considers foolish to confound the wise, remember? And God is very involved in the world. Just because you are depressed and it feels like God just isn't there doesn't mean that he's left. Read the Psalms and try and pick yourself up :)

And ask yourself why you are so depressed, and what you would want to do if you could to alleviate it.

Reactions: Victorium
Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I hope you will feel better soon.

Thank you. I gotta call my main doctor tomorrow. This isn't letting up.

Sorry to hear that you are a ill. Congratulations on starting or returning to college. College can be stressful, but, for my part, aside from my faith, I sometimes feel like it is the only that has kept me going on. I have always loved the educational environment though - I am quite the nerd.

However, I think for all who attend college, it can be representative of new beginnings; it can bring a bit of purpose and structure to the everyday. Just a friendly piece of advice to all who attend college, focus more on the journey - the skills, the experiences, the concepts learned - more than the goal (that is, the degree). A degree itself is almost meaningless, not only practically, but also emotionally.

Sorry to hear that it sounds as if many are facing increased difficulties at the moment. I try to keep y'all in my prayers.

Thank you! I'm really excited and nervous, I just registered for classes and have to do fafsa. I'm kind ajust doing this to prove to myself that I can. I don't like people doubting me, and I shouldn't exclude me from that list, so. It's gonna be a fun journey with a probably bad fit for me but it's something I've always wanted to do! :)

Reactions: Chococat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grandvizier1006

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who is telling you natural selection and evolution are better gods than God Almighty? What good have they brought us? No salvation and extinction turning our bones to stone. No wonder you are feeling blah, blah, blah.

Why believe in the god of science - it has brought us atom bombs and global warming and scores of other life deadening gadgets but no salvation. Plus they change their minds on what is 'truth' all the time. Only the God of the Bible is the same today, tomorrow and forever. Science look with their eyes and hear with their ears, but to find God we have to look at the heart of things.

It is true though that as a religion Christianity has little on offer, it is full of half-truths, often very controlling and money hungry and split into thousands of little groups, most claiming salvation is only for those who adhere to their ways of seeing things.

However faith in the Word of God has the power to heal a broken heart and save a lost life from the ruins. The power of God is that He is the truth of love, and that even though love is crucified time and again by the religious leaders and this harsh controlling world, God's love is resurrected in the hearts of those who walk by faith in Jesus rather than by sight.

Honest faith in Jesus Christ brings new life, strive after that, and let the gods of natural selection and evolution go extinct instead.

Unbelief.

Your voice turned me utterly insane,
believing your suggestions
thinking there is no God.
For you betrayed my Good Life,
pushing me into that bottomless pit,
into fiery Hell for years on end.

Flying right through my reality,
your miserable voice dividing
myself against myself,
your taunts attacking faithful self,
hopelessness cutting me up,
your lies barring access to true Life!

No faith feeding my starving soul,
instead doubt, confusion and terror,
false evidence locking my hopes away,
devoid from true self or any good thing,
torturing me in those dark dungeons,
you only ever set out to murder me!

While naturalistic evolution was never a major stumbling block for me, I really appreciate this since I can apply it to my own anxiety. Thank you! :)

How do you write poems so well, btw?

Reactions: Chococat
Upvote 0

Chococat

I love Jesus and kittycats
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you. I gotta call my main doctor tomorrow. This isn't letting up.

Thank you! I'm really excited and nervous, I just registered for classes and have to do fafsa. I'm kind ajust doing this to prove to myself that I can. I don't like people doubting me, and I shouldn't exclude me from that list, so. It's gonna be a fun journey with a probably bad fit for me but it's something I've always wanted to do! :)

Good for you and I hope things go well for you. I know you are an atheist but I hope you don/t mind me saying I'm praying for you:hug::oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had an endless day. Bored stiff, but totally unmotivated.

I marvel at God's patience with me, but I think I'm parting ways with God about how I feel about myself though.

I spew how I am lately out! Sick and tired of it. Wish I do something useful with myself. I hate feeling like this.

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.