• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HUGE BLOW TO MY SELF ESTEEM HAPPENED TODAY:(

I was walking toward the library when I saw a woman across the street, sort of walking alongside me but not exactly in line with me. she had this dress on which made her look all curvy and all that and she looked "perfect" and she was walking past 2 construction guys and they looked at her, and it just killed me. I suffer with a lot of weight problems and fat rolls in unconventional places, and as a result, the pants I wear don't look "curvy" enough because I have to choose comfort instead, and my shirt doesn't show my figure enough either so yeah, it is impossible to feel OK when I see a man checking out another woman over me - do you realize how freakin horrible, shapless, worthless...OK I know everyone here is going to say it doesn't matter but there's no guy here that would choose me over her...assuming we were otherwise exactly alike...I'm just totally disgusted with myself and I hate myself and I just want a "body" and I DON'T HAVE ONE.

You don't know that someone wouldn't choose you over her. Curves come and go - you want someone that would be interested in you whether you had curves, rolls, or were skin & bones. Not some guy that would check out random women walking down the street - b/c then you would worry that he was checking out every other woman walking down the street, too.

:hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.