• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

STAYING_STRONG4HIM

Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet.
Apr 25, 2009
somewhere, nowhere, everywhere
✟8,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I'm going to switch Psychiatrists...kind of nervous about it, but my other psychiatrists office is moving further away and I can't keep driving that far. Found another psychiatrist closer to home...but very nervous about setting up an appointment.

Upvote 0
really really really sad. the Remeron and Valium didn't work on me. Why don't these things work?

They don't work because they can't. Google Dr. Peter Breggin his material especially a couple of his books can do more to help you understand why you are in the position you are in than all the valium in the world. I been there any back and it ain't a fun trip but you can beat with God's grace and no help from a psychiatrist.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
:hug:
Sorry sweetie :hug:
Praying that the doc can find something that helps you.

Thank you :hug: I had to call in today because I was looped out when I posted this and unable to drive. Still very, very shaky. I did pass out eventually though haha. I promised my psych I'd give them a month. Did find out that it was the anti-depressants helping increase the insomnia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
They don't work because they can't. Google Dr. Peter Breggin his material especially a couple of his books can do more to help you understand why you are in the position you are in than all the valium in the world. I been there any back and it ain't a fun trip but you can beat with God's grace and no help from a psychiatrist.

Because they're not a compatible with my chemical make.

Listen, I know you mean well but until you're having to leave work early, fleeing from doing simple tasks, unable to leave your own home, in a sobbing wreck, cutting up your flesh like it's ham since you were ten years old do NOT tell me that ONLY BY GODS GRACE can I be HELPED. Where was he all those years, hmm? PRAYING, PURGING, STARVING, CUTTING, BEGGING him TO HELP ME. Last time someone said that, their daughter ended up being six feet under with a bullet in her head and pills in her stomach. May he live with that for the rest of his life.

And all that did was give me an immune system that's weak, scars I have to hide, shame over my own body (and shame I don't want youth to have), a mind that's overworked and lacking a few needed chemicals in my brain.

And by the way, I already have God. I hate the Christian title because I hate organized religion. I hate the harm it has caused to my former partner, to my friends, to the youth I help, to so many people I have met in my life.

So, I already have him and he's helping me by letting me finally be honest in my emotions without the guilt religion has caused me in the past. and giving my parents patience with me.

Some people, like me, need psychiatric help. I don't like people like you, because it's people like you whose children end up dead or very emotionally messed up.

So until the thought of going outside makes you throw up, until you can't sleep for weeks straight, until your carving your flesh because out of all the things you cannot control you can only control that, until cops are called because you don't speak to friends or family for weeks and they think you're dead, until even opening your eyes becomes a chore, destroyed relationships and friendships, lost jobs and a tight rope ready to snap

do not tell me that I only need God.

Because it's been twelve years and finally, a year and a half ago, did I decide that I needed help. Because I was tired, I wasn't able to keep a job, my relationships were falling apart, I lost someone I genuinely loved two years prior because of guilt and shame, too many visits from cops, too much crying and a botched suicide attempt. I couldn't keep living that like. Just seeking constant guidance from a spiritual being and only guilt and shame being reinforced by a religion who claims I'm going to hell for an illness I cannot help.

Sorry if this offends you, I have learned to be blunt about everything and I'm not going to change that.

Upvote 0
Because they're not a compatible with my chemical make.

Listen, I know you mean well but until you're having to leave work early, fleeing from doing simple tasks, unable to leave your own home, in a sobbing wreck, cutting up your flesh like it's ham since you were ten years old do NOT tell me that ONLY BY GODS GRACE can I be HELPED. Where was he all those years, hmm? PRAYING, PURGING, STARVING, CUTTING, BEGGING him TO HELP ME. Last time someone said that, their daughter ended up being six feet under with a bullet in her head and pills in her stomach. May he live with that for the rest of his life.

And all that did was give me an immune system that's weak, scars I have to hide, shame over my own body (and shame I don't want youth to have), a mind that's overworked and lacking a few needed chemicals in my brain.

And by the way, I already have God. I hate the Christian title because I hate organized religion. I hate the harm it has caused to my former partner, to my friends, to the youth I help, to so many people I have met in my life.

So, I already have him and he's helping me by letting me finally be honest in my emotions without the guilt religion has caused me in the past. and giving my parents patience with me.

Some people, like me, need psychiatric help. I don't like people like you, because it's people like you whose children end up dead or very emotionally messed up.

So until the thought of going outside makes you throw up, until you can't sleep for weeks straight, until your carving your flesh because out of all the things you cannot control you can only control that, until cops are called because you don't speak to friends or family for weeks and they think you're dead, until even opening your eyes becomes a chore, destroyed relationships and friendships, lost jobs and a tight rope ready to snap

do not tell me that I only need God.

Because it's been twelve years and finally, a year and a half ago, did I decide that I needed help. Because I was tired, I wasn't able to keep a job, my relationships were falling apart, I lost someone I genuinely loved two years prior because of guilt and shame, too many visits from cops, too much crying and a botched suicide attempt. I couldn't keep living that like. Just seeking constant guidance from a spiritual being and only guilt and shamei being reinforced by a religion who claims I'm going to hell for an illness I cannot help.

Sorry if this offends you, I have learned to be blunt about everything and I'm not going to change that.

I believe you misnderstood me, for that I apologize. Look I've been through most of the stuff you described there and other painful stuff too, I understand I really do, but that notwithstanding read the books by Dr. Breggin if they don't knock you on you butt then I guess Im wrong. But after years of pure Hell I ran across his books and well wow. I got no interest in this I dont know you I dont sell books I dont get any thing out of it but the satisfaction that maybe one other human being or wven a few could escape the hell that is mental illness. So sorry if I offended it is in no way meant to do that.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe you misnderstood me, for that I apologize. Look I've been through most of the stuff you described there and other painful stuff too, I understand I really do, but that notwithstanding read the books by Dr. Breggin if they don't knock you on you butt then I guess Im wrong. But after years of pure Hell I ran across his books and well wow. I got no interest in this I dont know you I dont sell books I dont get any thing out of it but the satisfaction that maybe one other human being or wven a few could escape the hell that is mental illness. So sorry if I offended it is in no way meant to do that.

I'm very blunt in my responses so it comes off as snappy or rude. It's a virtue and vice. Gets people to leave me alone so it's a positive thing I think. Sorry if it came off that way. It's how I am.

I side eye people like those writers. Usually only they're to make a profit not to actually help. I don't want psychiatry but I need it because some book won't help me reign in the psychotic side, it won't help. I've tried. I know you mean well and want to help, but it's the same old song on repeat. I'm bitter towards people who think that someone only needs one thing such as a book or God, its caused one too many deaths. That could have been prevented.

Upvote 0
I'm very blunt in my responses so it comes off as snappy or rude. It's a virtue and vice. Gets people to leave me alone so it's a positive thing I think. Sorry if it came off that way. It's how I am.

I side eye people like those writers. Usually only they're to make a profit not to actually help. I don't want psychiatry but I need it because some book won't help me reign in the psychotic side, it won't help. I've tried. I know you mean well and want to help, but it's the same old song on repeat. I'm bitter towards people who think that someone only needs one thing such as a book or God, its caused one too many deaths. That could have been prevented.

Sorry you feel that way, I don't believe anyone only needs one thing, we are very complex creatures. Sorry to waste you time, best of luck to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.