Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That door swings both ways.

Sure. This is why it is important to be clear and avoid ambiguity.
It rather depends on the setting as well.

Among academia, it is perfectly fine to refer to the make up of a body as "the design of the human body". Not a single biologist or geneticist will take to mean that the author is implying a "designer". They all will understand it to mean "natural design" without intent or planning, but rather purely in context of patterns, order and function.

On forums like this though, it is adviced to be carefull with using such words.

Context. It matters.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Moon goddesses are types of Lucifer. It was the rebellion of Lucifer that brought the original destruction to the surface of the earth.

What about sun gods? Again, where is all this in your bible?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Some parts of nature are beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

When an artist -- Ansel Adams, for instance -- takes a photograph of a part of nature, then the photograph is art.

ansel-adams-half-dome-and-moon-yosemite-valley-ca-circa-1950-painting-artwork-print.jpeg

Beauty is in the eyes of HUMAN. But not in the eyes of animals.
Do you still insist that you are a kind of animal?

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
HD was formed about 14,000 years ago by a glacier during the last ice age. The moon had nothing to do with it.

Do you know an article which said that? I am kind of doubt it.

• Winner
Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Of course, human beings are a kind of animal.

Very very bad classification (grade F-).
Human can appreciate art. Human should be separated from all other animals in classification.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sure. This is why it is important to be clear and avoid ambiguity.
It rather depends on the setting as well.

Among academia, it is perfectly fine to refer to the make up of a body as "the design of the human body". Not a single biologist or geneticist will take to mean that the author is implying a "designer". They all will understand it to mean "natural design" without intent or planning, but rather purely in context of patterns, order and function.

On forums like this though, it is adviced to be carefull with using such words.

Context. It matters.

There's always a larger context.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Science denies design in nature. What about art? To me as an observer nature is as much art as science. Thoughts?
"Art" does not objectively exist and is not indicative of a designer. It's just an idea we came up with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What about sun gods? Again, where is all this in your bible?

Sun worship is another form of idolatry.
Anything other than the true God is referred to as "gods", small 'g'. This includes sun worship.

• Winner
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Art" does not objectively exist and is not indicative of a designer. It's just an idea we came up with.

You don't see art, or design, but you see evolution. Curious.

• Winner
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God says this about Lucifer ...

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
Ezekiel 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Sounds like art to me.

• Winner
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
Ezekiel 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Sounds like art to me.

And I'm guessing that this creature would be universally regarded as beautiful, which flies in the face of 'subjective' opinion in that regard.

There is a near universal standard of human beauty as well. I can visit any ethnicity on earth and pick out the pretty girls and handsome men, and so can they.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How would I "see" evolution?
Through the eyes of faith.

Hebrews 11:27 By faith [Moses] forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Very very bad classification (grade F-).
Human can appreciate art. Human should be separated from all other animals in classification.

See, you think humans are animals, too!

And yes humans are classified as Homo sapiens. This separates them from all other animals.

North American beavers build dams out of sticks that they live in. They are separated from all other animals by being classified as Castor canadensis.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Sounds like art to me.
Sounds like the treament for a death-metal video.

Upvote 0