patriot91

Jul 25, 2006
New Jersey
✟7,672.00
Faith
Seeker
Politics
US-Republican
I am a devout Christian and consider myself to be non-denominational, simply, a Christian. I am a believer, but I've been confused about some issues. This is one of them.

I have been wondering, "What about the ancient civilizations? (such as ancient Chinese, etc.)
Christ sent his followers out to spread the Word of God, but what about the entire civilizations that had no way of knowing about Christianity due to imense geographical distance. Some of these civilizations would not hear of Christ for hundreds of years, and a few would have to wait more than a millenium. Is it fair that these people are eternally damned if they were never given a chance to choose Christianity or not. Are they forced to suffer for the poor decisions their ancestors made going back thousands of years? Someone, please answer my question if you can. I will appreciate any response. Thank you! :help:

ElElohe

A humble Resistentialist
Jun 27, 2003
Siloam Springs, AR
Visit site
✟16,322.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gooood question.

There's much we can't know about this type of thing, but the early apostles often took much longer journeys than I think most Christians are typically aware of, IIRC.

Further, books such as Don Richardson's Peace Child and Eternity in their Hearts document cases where tribes and cultures have things such as a world-wide flood legend in their oral or written histories. A number of people also contend that the gospel can be found in Chinese characters, in the constellations and in the great pyramid.

They were not left without witness. But they still need someone to explain it to them. Even today there are thousands of cultures which don't have such access to Jesus. This is why missions persists. Missions will, gloriously, cease to persist when every tribe has a flourishing bodie of believers.

God is just. This is different than being "fair," especially as we understand the word "fair." And it is God who woos us to himself (in the words of C.S. Lewis) as much as a missionary talks the gospel to people.

God is mysterious. It is a priviledge for us to be a part of taking the fame of His Name to all peoples!

Malachi 1:11

Upvote 0

Naomi4Christ

not a nutter
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2005
✟269,225.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
patriot91 said:
I am a devout Christian and consider myself to be non-denominational, simply, a Christian. I am a believer, but I've been confused about some issues. This is one of them.

I have been wondering, "What about the ancient civilizations? (such as ancient Chinese, etc.)
Christ sent his followers out to spread the Word of God, but what about the entire civilizations that had no way of knowing about Christianity due to imense geographical distance. Some of these civilizations would not hear of Christ for hundreds of years, and a few would have to wait more than a millenium. Is it fair that these people are eternally damned if they were never given a chance to choose Christianity or not. Are they forced to suffer for the poor decisions their ancestors made going back thousands of years? Someone, please answer my question if you can. I will appreciate any response. Thank you! :help:

God is a merciful God. He will do right by these people.

Abraham had never heard of Jesus, but we can be pretty sure that he has not perished.

Upvote 0

ElElohe

A humble Resistentialist
Jun 27, 2003
Siloam Springs, AR
Visit site
✟16,322.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0