Jan 7, 2008
✟21,178.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love my God....and I know that He has my best interest at heart....but sometimes I wonder about things.
What about our dreams? What about those things that we have deep down inside of us? Maybe as a child they were laughed at by others, but was God laughing too? Is that why they never came true?
I had a dream when I was young....and still carry that dream. It was a part of me...something that I cherished, but it never came to fulfilment. And to be truthful...it devastated me. I was really talented at it too. I know...I know...God knows what is best for us. But sometimes it still doesn't make sense.
Please know I am not feeling sorry for myself. I am venting.
Any thoughts.

ShammahBenJudah

Son of Zion
Oct 31, 2006
USA
✟73,073.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The subject of dreams is an elusive one. It can be difficult to know exactly what they mean and then to know if and how they might apply to our lives.

Most dreams are healing in nature. Even the bad ones can be. But they are hardly ever about someone else. The dreamer is almost always the "star" of the dream, everything points to something for or about the dreamer.

Some dreams are messages from God. Some can be messages from the enemy. But most are messages from self that help us sort out or process certain events or situations in our lives.

Its not a bad thing to keep a dream log but there's a caveat about that. Dreams aren't always trustworthy messages to live by. If you track them, do it to see what's going on with self.

Upvote 0

bithiah2

Jah is my strength and song!
Jun 12, 2006
metro
✟18,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not dreams like when you are sleeping or visions...but things we want to do with our lives or goals or things we wanted to do.

I always dreamed of working with horse...it never happened.

:wave: hi

9What profit remains for the worker from his toil?

10I have seen the painful labor and exertion and miserable business which God has given to the sons of men with which to exercise and busy themselves. 11He has made everything beautiful in its time. He also has planted eternity in men's hearts and minds [a divinely implanted sense of a purpose working through the ages which nothing under the sun but God alone can satisfy], yet so that men cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.

whatever dreams we have in our hearts, i believe that God put them there, our dreams are our sense of purpose. i don't believe that God laughs at our dreams, when the Word says that the things that God made, He called good (Genesis 1). i don't see anywhere in the Bible that God laughs at his own creation. He is a good Father. even if our own family or so-called friends made fun of us, God's purpose does not change.
if you enjoy working with horses, what have you done to make it happen? nothing just comes to us passively, we have to work towards it. we can dream and think all day and night, but unless WE start moving in that direction, guess what...we will stay in the same place. our pastor started speaking on that this month--"Take Action". pray, start doing your research, ask questions. if God put it in your heart, it won't go away. i would not want to get all the way to the end and say "i wish i had done this or that", so go for it while you are young. if it's God's will and you move towards it, He will make a way. but He is waiting on us. Proverbs 3:5-6...ask God for His will, and ask God for His direction, and He will lead you the right way.
blessings
bithiah2

Upvote 0

Solidlyhere

May 6, 2007
near San Francisco
✟17,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The OP vents because she didn't do enough to make one of dreams come true.

Well, that is caused by your actions.
We don't need to God to make our dreams come true, that's OUR job.

When I look at some of my un-fulfilled dreams, I can see that I wasn't full invested in them.
The OP has given NO suggestion of what her dream was.
But, it sounds like a job she wanted to do.

Where there's a (strong) will, there's a way.
Too many people give a half-Hearted effort, and then wonder why things don't work out.
So, OP, if you would like to, I would like to hear just what your dream was, and how much effort you devoted to make it come true.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can't agree with you there solid. What you are describing is laziness. Some dreams don't come true and laziness isn't a factor because they are simply unattainable because either the dreamer lacks skill and/or opportunity.

I had dreams as a boy of playing football in the NFL. I played pickup games and on school teams through highschool and gave it my all, but the fact is that many people were much better than I and I had the drive to be a pro ball player, but not the skill or potential.

I also wanted to learn how to play the guitar. My Dad is very good and has played in bands since before I was born. My problem is that even after years of lessons and practice, I had to admit I have no musical talent. None at all. Not even a bit. Another dream pursued, but unattainable.

Now I look forward to exploring those things in the next world. Heaven has to have football. If not it has something better and I'm participating. I realize that I have an eternity of life ahead of me and I can fulfill all my dreams eventually, it just won't be within my ideal timeframe.

Upvote 0

steven07

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2007
Paraguay
Visit site
✟25,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well you never know sister...
God might have bigger and better things for you! You just can never tell.. We just have to keep in mind that God loves us.. knows what's best for us ANND Loves to bless us and surprise us with things we love! You never know.. maybe one day God will give you a horse;)
Or you'll have plenty in heaven;) haha.. blessings!:)

Upvote 0

Solidlyhere

May 6, 2007
near San Francisco
✟17,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Faulty judged my "advice" by different standards than the OP suggested: "I had dreams as a boy of playing football in the NFL."

Yeah, well that's find and good, but that doesn't have anything to do with the OP's un-fulfilled dreams.

She clearly stated that she was GOOD at it.
You, on the other hand, were NOT good at your football (compared to others).

And, so is your musical problem: "I also wanted to learn how to play the guitar. ... even after years of lessons and practice, I had to admit I have no musical talent."

So, these are nothing to worry about.
Some of our dreams are just hoping to GET some talent.
The OP HAS the talent (she claims), but she is un-Happy that things didn't work out: "I was really talented at it too."
And, you admit that you had less-than-ample talent.

So, in her case, it was probably her lack-of-Tenacity, than her mere lack of talent.

Upvote 0

Solidlyhere

May 6, 2007
near San Francisco
✟17,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Faulty seems like he's being faulty again with me: "You assume too much."

Please explain (clearly) what my logic error is.
If not, then keep your assumptions to yourself.

You sucked at Football, so you didn't make it into Professional Sports.
You had NO musical talent; therefore, you sucked at Guitar playing.
I didn't make it up . . . YOU did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
In My Father's Hands..No Safer Place To Be
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love my God....and I know that He has my best interest at heart....but sometimes I wonder about things.
What about our dreams? What about those things that we have deep down inside of us? Maybe as a child they were laughed at by others, but was God laughing too? Is that why they never came true?
I had a dream when I was young....and still carry that dream. It was a part of me...something that I cherished, but it never came to fulfilment. And to be truthful...it devastated me. I was really talented at it too. I know...I know...God knows what is best for us. But sometimes it still doesn't make sense.
Please know I am not feeling sorry for myself. I am venting.
Any thoughts.

The wonderful thing is that you are still alive and God is still on the throne. Your dream still can come to pass. Though the vision tarries, wait for it.....for it will surely come.:)

One thing I do know is that God does allow dreams to die..It is like the parable Jesus mentions about the seed that dies in the ground. The seed must die after planted, so that it might reap a harvest. So, God does allow dreams and visions to die in us at times..But, he gets the last word over you life. God has great things in store for you and I promise you it is right around the corner. Hold Fast to that which you already believe. :)

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. And you do delight in him and he sees that. Wait on the Lord. and be of good courage. :)

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OP -- Pray and ask Yahweh to guide you - He will.

An example - several months ago someone posted: they thought they should lead a Christian youth organization but the doors had opened for them to get an accounting degree. They were concerned they wouldn't be doing what Yahweh wanted them to do by pursuing the degree. But to me the doors were opening for them to lead the organization. He/she could do it as a volunteer with the accounting degree as their income or they could concentrate on savings and developing their skills, then invest in an organization, or good accountants are always needed in Christian organizations, etc.

Have you read "The Purpose Driven Life?" I found it answered a lot of questions.

Some of us understand that you're referring to goals, desires, hopes you have for the future.

Upvote 0

jive4005

Senior Veteran
Jun 14, 2007
Rhode Island
Visit site
✟10,380.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Men (and women)dream dreams... sometimes it's a message from God, sometimes it's that bowl of chili you ate before going to bed. Trust me in this... when it's of God, he WILL make sure you know it!

As far as ASPIRATIONS go, certainly we all have them, they are part of out makeup. When I think of myself, I realize they are all controlable. Whatever I put into me affects my attitude, desires, hopes & dreams... so I'm pretty careful about what I take in.

I had a lot of dreams as a young man... most did not come to pass, and that was all my own fault. If I had pressed into them, I would have done much better in realizing them. Ah. the folly of youth!

rev

rev

Upvote 0

HephzibahBenJudah

Daughter of Zion
Oct 31, 2006
Florida
✟128,051.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the disires of your heart. Those desires were most likely put there by God and 100% for sure if they are Godly ambutions and goals. Seek the kingdom first and the rest will fall into place. Don't give up on a dream or vision though it may tarry it will come ...in Gods' timing.

Don't be afraid to dream for out of those dreams comes vision and purpose. The bigger the dream and the farther away it seems to be in possiblilty because it seems impossible...know that it is from God because He is the God of the impossible. He won't give yo a dream or vision that you can do alone. God wants the glory...so dream really really big! And watch and see what HE WILL DO!

Reactions: jive4005
Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Faulty seems like he's being faulty again with me: "You assume too much."

Please explain (clearly) what my logic error is.
If not, then keep your assumptions to yourself.

You sucked at Football, so you didn't make it into Professional Sports.
You had NO musical talent; therefore, you sucked at Guitar playing.
I didn't make it up . . . YOU did.
Is this necessary????

We are just trying to clear up these kind of posts and here you go.

I see no compassion in your post.
(helment on)

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

freedomnchrist

Blessed by the BEST!!!
Jan 7, 2008
✟21,178.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The OP vents because she didn't do enough to make one of dreams come true.

Well, that is caused by your actions.
We don't need to God to make our dreams come true, that's OUR job.

When I look at some of my un-fulfilled dreams, I can see that I wasn't full invested in them.
The OP has given NO suggestion of what her dream was.
But, it sounds like a job she wanted to do.

Where there's a (strong) will, there's a way.
Too many people give a half-Hearted effort, and then wonder why things don't work out.
So, OP, if you would like to, I would like to hear just what your dream was, and how much effort you devoted to make it come true.
No...I did give an effort. I did a lot of dirty work for a long time for others just to get to ride theirs. I came from an army background and my parents didn't have a lot so they were unable to help me. I did a lot of footwork. As I got older...the only thing I could do was volunteer to help others with their horses. I ended up around a lot of jerks who wanted something different from me. It just simply never happened for me.

Upvote 0

freedomnchrist

Blessed by the BEST!!!
Jan 7, 2008
✟21,178.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Faulty judged my "advice" by different standards than the OP suggested: "I had dreams as a boy of playing football in the NFL."

Yeah, well that's find and good, but that doesn't have anything to do with the OP's un-fulfilled dreams.

She clearly stated that she was GOOD at it.
You, on the other hand, were NOT good at your football (compared to others).

And, so is your musical problem: "I also wanted to learn how to play the guitar. ... even after years of lessons and practice, I had to admit I have no musical talent."

So, these are nothing to worry about.
Some of our dreams are just hoping to GET some talent.
The OP HAS the talent (she claims), but she is un-Happy that things didn't work out: "I was really talented at it too."
And, you admit that you had less-than-ample talent.

So, in her case, it was probably her lack-of-Tenacity, than her mere lack of talent.
Again, no...I hounded everyone I could for a chance. My ultimate dream was to make a living with them. Show them and such. Now it has turned into I want to use them to lead people to Jesus. The reason why I did not mention it in my origional post is because I still face a lot of people who do not understand my desire. They think it is silly...when in fact, it is not for me. I am not ungrateful in any way for the things I have received so far in my life. I just do not understand why others didn't. That's all.

And just to let you know. I tried very hard to accomplish my goals.

Upvote 0

freedomnchrist

Blessed by the BEST!!!
Jan 7, 2008
✟21,178.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The wonderful thing is that you are still alive and God is still on the throne. Your dream still can come to pass. Though the vision tarries, wait for it.....for it will surely come.:)

One thing I do know is that God does allow dreams to die..It is like the parable Jesus mentions about the seed that dies in the ground. The seed must die after planted, so that it might reap a harvest. So, God does allow dreams and visions to die in us at times..But, he gets the last word over you life. God has great things in store for you and I promise you it is right around the corner. Hold Fast to that which you already believe. :)

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. And you do delight in him and he sees that. Wait on the Lord. and be of good courage. :)
Yes....I have often wondered if that scripture means that he will change our hearts desire or give us the ones we already had.

Upvote 0

freedomnchrist

Blessed by the BEST!!!
Jan 7, 2008
✟21,178.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the disires of your heart. Those desires were most likely put there by God and 100% for sure if they are Godly ambutions and goals. Seek the kingdom first and the rest will fall into place. Don't give up on a dream or vision though it may tarry it will come ...in Gods' timing.

Don't be afraid to dream for out of those dreams comes vision and purpose. The bigger the dream and the farther away it seems to be in possiblilty because it seems impossible...know that it is from God because He is the God of the impossible. He won't give yo a dream or vision that you can do alone. God wants the glory...so dream really really big! And watch and see what HE WILL DO!
Amen sister.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.