Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm in the middle of reading this book Satan's Trojan Horse: God's End-Time Victory by Norman Gulley, and he said something that really got me thinking.

I've had several conversations on this board with people who questioned God's goodness because of sin. I've had these discussions with others as well. Plenty of times humans focus on their selfish selves and wonder how God could put us through all of this. Or why He bothered creating us knowing that some would be saved and that others would be lost. This leads to questions about Him omniscience, free will, etc.

But what about Christ?

I wonder how many times people stop to think about the choice Christ had to make. He knew that fallen man would cost Him His life and cause Him to suffer separation from the Father. Yet knowing all of this He still decided to create us. Times are hard indeed, but who really suffered the most. All of the suffering of humanity combined is what Christ had to go through.

I'm not sure how much discussion can be had on this. I really just wanted to get this out in hopes of encouraging some and possibly getting others to think first before they blame God for how unfair life is.

From Eternity Christ knew that He would have to suffer and die that we may live. Let us always remember this.

sungaunga

Jul 10, 2009
✟27,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good topic on Theodicy. I'd like to tell you first of all, God is Holy and Light. In him there is no darkness. Let's start with Isaiah 45

"I am the One forming light and creating darkness, causing well-being and creating calamity. I am the Lord who does all these ... Woe to the one who quarrels with His maker. An earthenware vessel among the vessels of earth? Will the clay say to the potter, 'What are you doing?' Or the things you are making say, 'He has no hands.' Woe to him who says to a father, 'What are you begetting?' Or to a woman, 'To what are you giving birth?' No pot can tell the potter what to do. No born child can tell his parents to give birth or not give birth. Nor can you question what God does."

Upvote 0

sungaunga

Jul 10, 2009
✟27,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thats right, even EVIL is allowed by a sovereign GOD. Why? Because he had a purpose for it. I'll let pastor McArthur unleash the answer for you :)

So what do we know up to now? Evil exists. God exists. God wills evil to exist. He did not create it. He could not create it. But He did not prevent it. He ordained it. He willed it. Here it comes, listen carefully...because He had a purpose for it....He had a purpose for it...a purpose. This is critical. He had a purpose for evil.

What is that purpose that God had for evil? Before I answer that question and that's the fourth in our little outline, let me read the Westminster Confession from the seventeen hundreds, some great theologians and biblical scholars put this together, listen carefully. "God from all eternity did by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will freely and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass. Yet so as thereby neither is God the author of sin, nor is violence offered to the will of the creatures, nor is the liberty or contingency of second-hand causes taken away, sinfulness proceeds not only from the creature...proceeds only from the creature and not from God who being most holy and righteous neither can be the author and approver of sin. But then...says the Westminster Confession...all that God decrees and all that God providentially brings to pass is all to the praise of His glory."

And they got it right. The reason for God ordaining evil is for the praise of His glory. Let me ask you a simple question to help you answer the question...the bigger question. Is God more glorious because of sin existing or less glorious? Pretty easy question to answer, isn't it? That really is the ultimate question. Throughout all the eons of eternity will God receive more glory from His creatures because sin existed, or less? And, friends, that's really all that matters is the eternal glory of God.

Link to the rest of the article..
<staff edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.