✟12,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"SOMEONE" That someone was me.

Entering the thread and lecturing me with Bible verses is not productive.
Alright then, what can I do to help you and Ordinary Christian establish mutual respect, so that your thus far unproductive discussion can become productive?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟144,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not scared of naked people so you will need to provide an actual reason that parents should not determine if this is appropriate for their kids or not.
When they’re chanting “We’re here, we’re queer and we’re coming for your children “ I believe them

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟612,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course it is. You keep talking about bars, night clubs and strip clubs. The topic is about Pride marches.
The topic is what's inappropriate for minors. Your argument is that it's up to parents and not the law to make that decision. My counter argument is that there are already laws that supercede a parent's decision regarding what's inappropriate for minors and gave examples. Which clearly is neither a red herring nor off topic.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,489.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

LGBTQ activists defend 'We're coming for your children' chant​

Is that from the most renowned liars within the sphere of entertainment known as Fox News? The entertainment channel that has previous stated that no reasonable person actually believes what the presenters say?
"Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

She wrote: "Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer arrives with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

Or is it from the Entertainment Channel known for having to pay billions because of lying to it's viewers. Is it that Fox News entertainment program that even they claim is not factual and used the obvious of that fact as a legal defense?

• Useful
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,990.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Alright then, what can I do to help you and Ordinary Christian establish mutual respect, so that your thus far unproductive discussion can become productive?
What? Are you a mediator or a moderator? I never asked for your help

But if you insist, tell the other poster to stop posting red herrings...

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟144,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that from the most renowned liars within the sphere of entertainment known as Fox News? The entertainment channel that has previous stated that no reasonable person actually believes what the presenters say?
"Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

She wrote: "Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer arrives with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

Or is it from the Entertainment Channel known for having to pay billions because of lying to it's viewers. Is it that Fox News entertainment program that even they claim is not factual and used the obvious of that fact as a legal defense?
You can find videos of it on YouTube

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,489.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
What about when it's two people wearing leather bondage gear on top while being mostly nude from the waist down, and one has a whip and the other one is wearing a ball-gag? You don't think there's any sexual connotations to that?
Where did that happen? That does sound a bit much in a parade.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,990.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The topic is what's inappropriate for minors. Your argument is that it's up to parents and not the law to make that decision. My counter argument is that there are already laws that supercede a parent's decision regarding what's inappropriate for minors and gave examples. Which clearly is neither a red herring nor off topic.
That is my argument. Apparently you do not want parents to be in control of their children.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,489.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If adults are exposing themselves, then it's no more appropriate for kids to be there than for them to be in strip club. Prejudice has nothing to do with that. Calling that prejudice is just a red herring and a buzzword.
What will happen if a child sees a naked person? Will their heads explode? Will they turn to murder and hard drugs? What will happen? When I take my family to the sea side we often see naked people. He's 8. Just what exactly do you think will happen to him?

Upvote 0

Kale100

Jun 12, 2023
New England
✟12,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What? Are you a mediator or a moderator? I never asked for your help

But if you insist, tell the other poster to stop posting red herrings...
That's ok, I'm happy to help. Anyways, I apologize if I'm mistaken, but it appears you don't want to establish mutual respect? So want do you seek to gain out of this dialogue?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟612,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is my argument. Apparently you do not want parents to be in control of their children.
Apparently you don't want to acknowledge that there are existing laws that prevent parents and guardians from doing whatever they want with their children, so instead you repeatedly made false claims of me presenting red herrings and being off topic.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,489.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You can find videos of it on YouTube
Yeah, I not going to risk my algorithm. Where at the Pride march did this happen?

Edit: so I did click on it. Some guy selling stuff? That's your evidence?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,990.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Apparently you don't want to acknowledge that there are existing laws that prevent parents and guardians from doing whatever they want with their children, so instead you repeatedly made false claims of me presenting red herrings and being off topic.
They were red herrings. I even posted a definition to help you understand.

Please post the LAWS stating parents are prevented from taking their children to a Pride parade.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟612,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What will happen if a child sees a naked person? Will their heads explode? Will they turn to murder and hard drugs? What will happen? When I take my family to the sea side we often see naked people. He's 8. Just what exactly do you think will happen to him?
You along with others are just arguing in favor of indecent exposure and exibitionism in front of children.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟303,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They were red herrings. I even posted a definition to help you understand.

Please post the LAWS stating parents are prevented from taking their children to a Pride parade.

The haven't written them yet.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟612,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If there's one thing I'm sure of, if it is on the internet it has to be true.

And definitely not satire designed to show how out of touch the people who think it is might be.
Saying it's all a joke to them, doesn't help them any.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,229,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
241636_9f4a3046555e3431f8a087b68dbce899_thumb.jpg

ADMIN HAT OFF

Additional information: By staff consensus, this thread will remain closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.