Not open for further replies.

Sumone

Sep 19, 2008
✟15,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For the most part, I think I understand this chapter. This section has raised some questions though. Will hell & heaven eventually coexist? How will that work? Lets say I have loved ones who end up in hell, will I mourn them while I'm in heaven? Can I have your take on Revelations as well? Do you think someone will make a movie about the end? Thanks.

Reactions: drich0150

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
There are almost as many opinions on Revelation as there are Christians!
And, all it comes down to, really, is that in the end, God will wrap things up and make everything right.
But really, the important thing is getting to know God now, not what He will do in the future... so I agree with those who have suggested reading the gospels first :)
God bless you

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Will hell & heaven eventually coexist? How will that work?
]

I don't know. if it does it will be in a way that most people won't be able to comprehend.

Lets say I have loved ones who end up in hell, will I mourn them while I'm in heaven?
There's a period of mourning mentioned, but the reason why is unclear. some say it's for all of those who were lost, and others say it is for our own short comings.. One thing is clear that any mourning is only temporary. Not that you won't care about those who you lost, but because you will be enlighten and have a deeper understanding of things along with greater perspective.. It's kinda like when you were very young, and couldn't part from your mother without getting upset.. And now you have grown and don't need your mother in the same way.. I believe it will be like that with our earthly relationships, when we learn to grow in our relationship with God.
Can I have your take on Revelations as well? Do you think someone will make a movie about the end? Thanks.

I think the stories in Revelations will go down or have in a way that very few especially the very religious will understand.. I really believe that the end times events will come as a shock to most of us. Look at the first comming of Jesus and how all of the Fools in a leadership position interpreted the comming of the messiah. They thought he was comming to kick Rome out of Israel and set up a powerful ruling kingdom.. Look what they got instead. God's ways are not our ways. His thoughts are not our thoughts. To try and comprehend something infinite, with something finite is a fools quest. One that most of us as christians seem to think we can master.

Movies have been made, most of which feed Hollywood's understandings of the last days. Even christians have cashed in with the "left behind" series of books and movies. Outside of being semi entertaining I wouldn't place much value in any of those movies to tell you what's to come.

Just do what you are called as a christian to do, and let the rest sort it self out on it's own. We are told in many places and in parables that no one is to know the time when the lord will return. This is something a finite mind can understand. It's best to except this, and just be faithful with what you've been given, so when or how ever the end comes you won't be caught off guard.

Upvote 0

xcrunner71

Jesus is the Christ
Jun 3, 2007
✟8,105.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People are giving you some good advice, I'd suggest start reading Mark, it runs through what Jesus taught pretty well and quickly. This applies to most people just starting out in their faith, those who have great faith in God but haven't read much scripture may understand certain things about Revelation.

My advice, read the gospels and epistles like someone else said, certain passages will stick out to you and "make lots of sense", take immediate note of these passages and think about them for a minute before you blaze on through the book. This way you can apply the passages to your life better.

Know that you aren't going to understand all of the bible, it's God's word afterall, not man's word, so read proverbs 3 to undertand this "rely on Gods knowledge and wisdom, not man's, or your own so to speak". Good luck in your quest for truth, may it set you free!

Upvote 0

Angel4Truth

Legend
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟65,490.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For the most part, I think I understand this chapter. This section has raised some questions though. Will hell & heaven eventually coexist? How will that work?
No they will not coexist. Hell will be done away with cast into the lake of fire as stated in Revelation.
Lets say I have loved ones who end up in hell, will I mourn them while I'm in heaven?
Yes temporally. At one point in the future there will be no more mourning though also stated in Revelation.

Can I have your take on Revelations as well?
Its a prophetic book of future events that deal with the end times.

Do you think someone will make a movie about the end? Thanks.
There have been several movies made about the last days already however ive not seen one that goes beyond the second coming of Christ if that is what you are asking.

Upvote 0

anonymousAdviser

Oct 17, 2006
✟8,057.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
For the most part, I think I understand this chapter. This section has raised some questions though. Will hell & heaven eventually coexist? How will that work? Lets say I have loved ones who end up in hell, will I mourn them while I'm in heaven? Can I have your take on Revelations as well? Do you think someone will make a movie about the end? Thanks.

Actually, if you skipped the rest of the Bible you don't understand the Book of Revelation. Revelation relies on context found through out the Bible.

You have to be able to have an attitude of "I don't know"... in order to obtain knowledge. This is true with any matter.

Your best bet is to actually read the Bible, then come back and ask questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out to you yet and I am not trying to be mean here AT ALL but Revelation does not have an S at the end which is a common misconception.
Its not plural. Just FYI. You'd do well to read the whole New Testament even if you didn't want to start from Genesis in the beginning of the bible.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟174,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

God is Love and His presence is like fire. How one endures this fire has everything to do with how they were tempered in this life, just like the three righteous youths in the fiery furnace were able to joyfully walk around unharmed in the fire, so did others who didn't love God perish just being near the fire. The fire didn't change.
Here is a quote from an old Wikipedia article on the topic (that doesn’t seem to be around anymore) that I thought explained it pretty well: "For many ancient Christians, Hell was the same "place" as Heaven: living in the presence of God and directly experiencing God's love. Whether this was experienced as pleasure or torment depended on one's disposition towards God. St. Isaac of Syria wrote in Mystic Treatises: "... those who find themselves in Hell will be chastised by the scourge of love. How cruel and bitter this torment of love will be! For those who understand that they have sinned against love, undergo greater suffering than those produced by the most fearful tortures. The sorrow which takes hold of the heart, which has sinned against love, is more piercing than any other pain. It is not right to say that the sinners in Hell are deprived of the love of God ... But love acts in two ways, as suffering of the reproved, and as joy in the blessed!" This ancient view is still the doctrine of the Eastern Orthodox Church."

Here are some interesting articles to read on the topic:

Life After Death- http://fatheralexander.org/booklets/english/life_after_death.htm

The Book of Revelation- http://fatheralexander.org/booklets/english/revelat.htm

Upvote 0

jazzypooh

A Jewel In His Sight
Jul 5, 2007
Illinois
✟17,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For the most part, I think I understand this chapter. This section has raised some questions though. Will hell & heaven eventually coexist? How will that work?

the answer is no, but i'd like to know what scripture did u read that made u think this?

no, heaven is a place full of joy. there's no more rememberance of any pain

Can I have your take on Revelations as well? Do you think someone will make a movie about the end? Thanks.

there are lots of movies about the Book of Revelations, but lots of times there are parts that are scripturally inaccurate. the best source is the actual Book. i wouldn't trust Hollywood to teach me Scripture

God bless,
~jazzy~

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.