Welcome to the Dining Hall of the Reformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

5solas

Ephesians 2:8.9
Aug 10, 2004
✟16,808.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
for our french friends....

url

yes, you are right, it's this :p

PH0150.jpg

Upvote 0

Imblessed

Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage
Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Rick Otto said:
How come ya hated it?
I never knew it, & when I found it, it was like bein' let out of prison!
Er, uh... not that I know exactly what that's like!:o

sounds familiar Otto, 'cept it didn't feel like being let out of prison as much as getting the cataracts out of my eyes.....

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone..... (hey, where's the singing smilie?)

Upvote 0

Foundthelight

St. Peter's R.C. Church, Delhi, NY
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Central New York
Visit site
✟26,728.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have recently discovered another forum at christiansunite.com. There a few struggling Calvinists and several overbearing "Free Will" types. These Free Willers don't seem to be grounded in theology very well.

I am asking some pointed questions in the theology forum because they attacked the Reformed Faith by calling it evil and exclusionary. I am still waiting for them to explain the meaning of John 6:44.

Come on in and join the Fun!

Upvote 0

Gabriel

I Once Was Lost, But Now Am Found
Oct 10, 2002
FL
Visit site
✟19,059.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Attention all interested parties: If you remember this discussion toward the beginning of this thread:
Gabriel said:
Due to the fact that none of you has actually tasted my church's coffee, you'll have to wait for the report from our "Does the Coffee Really Taste Bad" committee before I make a motion.

After all, I can't expect you to vote on that which you have no prior knowledge of.

Our committee has rendered it's findings in the usual timeline associated with such grave matters. A team of experts (read: tired mothers and church staff) has come to the conclusion that our particular church's coffee is strong enough, tastey enough and doggone it, people like it. After considering these findings as well as downing quite a few cups of the stuff myself, I believe I will make a motion during our next Session meeting that we accept the committee's findings and declare our coffee "good and right". While it is not perfect, it is not as depraved as it could be which is about all we can expect this side of Glory.

I will keep you posted as to the specifics once we have ruled officially.

Good day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Gabriel said:
Attention all interested parties: If you remember this discussion toward the beginning of this thread:

Our committee has rendered it's findings in the usual timeline associated with such grave matters. A team of experts (read: tired mothers and church staff) has come to the conclusion that our particular church's coffee is strong enough, tastey enough and doggone it, people like it. After considering these findings as well as downing quite a few cups of the stuff myself, I believe I will make a motion during our next Session meeting that we accept the committee's findings and declare our coffee "good and right". While it is not perfect, it is not as depraved as it could be which is about all we can expect this side of Glory.

I will keep you posted as to the specifics once we have ruled officially.

Good day.

Now that the coffee issue is settled maybe we can see your beautiful face once in a while here.

I have really missed you brother

Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Rick Otto said:
How come ya hated it?
I never knew it, & when I found it, it was like bein' let out of prison!
Er, uh... not that I know exactly what that's like!:o

Grew up Presbyterian - as a newlywed went to the Catholic church w my husband, knew that wasn't for me so went from there to more a liberal mainline church, knew something was missing so tried the "seeker sensitive" thing. Finding a reformed church was like coming home. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gabriel

I Once Was Lost, But Now Am Found
Oct 10, 2002
FL
Visit site
✟19,059.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
rnmomof7 said:
Now that the coffee issue is settled maybe we can see your beautiful face once in a while here.

I have really missed you brother

:blush: I have just been so busy! With my company growing and Elijah still not sleeping through the night I don't know which way is up. Believe me, I am not complaining though. All of my problems are good ones.

I do miss being here. I'll try to stop by more often. For now I'll have coffee. I'll save the pint for tonight!

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Gabriel said:
:blush: I have just been so busy! With my company growing and Elijah still not sleeping through the night I don't know which way is up. Believe me, I am not complaining though. All of my problems are good ones.

I do miss being here. I'll try to stop by more often. For now I'll have coffee. I'll save the pint for tonight!

Hi Gabriel :wave:
Great to see you online :clap:

Upvote 0

Imblessed

Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage
Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
ReFormed said:
Greetings all! So happy to have found you. A sip or two of Jack Daniels and the Institutes will be ok with me.

Hello to you too. Welcome to SR!

Is it just me, or have we gotten a whole bunch of new people around here suddenly?

:clap:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.