Sep 6, 2004
My heart is in Hong Kong...
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
This is a dream that I have posted in another thread before, but I really hope to get more insights. Please, if the Lord reveals anything to you about this dream, do share. :)

I was walking around my "university" with my parents. It did not look like my university but strangely enough, in my dream I identified that place as my university even though it looked more like a mall food court. My parents left me because I had to go to class. There were 15 minutes before my class starts, so I thought I would get some onion rings first. I went around my university and I saw lots of places with fries, but not onion rings like I wanted. I went through floors of the food court (which is weird because my real university actually doesn't have more than one floor of a food court). I still couldn't find any onion rings, but only places with fries. Some employees looked at me depressed because they had no customers. Then it got late, so I decided to give up and head to class. The sad thing was, I now couldn't find my class. I went through floors and shops but I just couldn't find a place out of the business area and into the classroom area. (My real university does not have that big of a food court that I just cannot get out of it, but in my dream it was like that.)

I was frustrated that I couldn't find what I was looking for - first the onion rings and now my classroom. That was very strange because I had been in my university for about 4 years so I should know my way around. Then at the end of my dream, I was asking for directions. Nobody could give them to me. The last thing I remembered in my dream was my asking why this happened to me. The person whom I asked for directions answered, "It happened for a reason."

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, Winnie, I'm no interpreter, but I have a few possible suggestions about what it could mean. Mind you, these are only suggestions and I would encourage you to seek Him for the full meaning of this dream.

With that said...

This dream would seem to suggest that you are still searching for the teaching that you want (onion rings) because the teaching (fries) it seems is so popular is all that's available to you. Perhaps the church you are currently attending hasn't been edifying you, and you are still questioning your calling in Him. Your class could be the body of believers you want to fellowship with, or your true place in this world as a child of God (your identity and calling in Him). Are you spending too much time seeking His counsel from others, yet not finding it? Have you been, perhaps, making the easy mistake of trusting in yourself too much and not enough in Him? Maybe you are trying to do for yourself what you should only allow Him to do. The end of your dream would seem to suggest that you are wondering why you cannot seem to find who you are in Him, or what your calling is, or where to seek the answers to your dilemma. The response would appear to indicate that the truth will point to God's plan for your life not being what you thought it would be.

I am praying for you, and I hope you will be willing to seek Him with all your heart to learn what this dream meant.

Reactions: ahmunmun
Upvote 0

ahmunmun

聖戰武士
Sep 6, 2004
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Ajax 777 said:
Well, Winnie, I'm no interpreter, but I have a few possible suggestions about what it could mean. Mind you, these are only suggestions and I would encourage you to seek Him for the full meaning of this dream.

With that said...

This dream would seem to suggest that you are still searching for the teaching that you want (onion rings) because the teaching (fries) it seems is so popular is all that's available to you. Perhaps the church you are currently attending hasn't been edifying you, and you are still questioning your calling in Him. Your class could be the body of believers you want to fellowship with, or your true place in this world as a child of God (your identity and calling in Him). Are you spending too much time seeking His counsel from others, yet not finding it? Have you been, perhaps, making the easy mistake of trusting in yourself too much and not enough in Him? Maybe you are trying to do for yourself what you should only allow Him to do. The end of your dream would seem to suggest that you are wondering why you cannot seem to find who you are in Him, or what your calling is, or where to seek the answers to your dilemma. The response would appear to indicate that the truth will point to God's plan for your life not being what you thought it would be.

I am praying for you, and I hope you will be willing to seek Him with all your heart to learn what this dream meant.

Hey, I knew you had good insights. :D Keep in mind that I had this dream many months ago, so a lot have changed since then. Back when I had this dream, like you said, I was going through a problem alone and nobody around me could help because they all saw the problem differently. Yes, I was seeking God's counsel from others, when I should have been listening to God directly for myself. (That would have been the most appropriate thing to do for that problem.) Then I finally understood why the problem appeared in my life. Like that last line in my dream, "it happened for a reason," God made that problem appear as part of His plan for me, and the plan was nothing like I thought it was!

Just a few questions for you. Firstly, were you interpreting the dream with your mind or did you feel that the interpretation was God-given? Either way, I believe your interpretation is accurate. :D

Secondly, how do you ever know what objects symbolize if they're not found in the Bible? For example, I would have had no idea what the fries and onion rings symbolized. Also, I never would have figured out that the classroom represents a body of believers. I would've thought that the classroom was just a place I wanted to find to complete my education. Sometimes I wonder why God doesn't have me look for a fellowship of believers in my dream if God wants to reveal my desire for that. Why does He have me look for a classroom, and that classroom is supposed to represent a fellowship of believers?

Thirdly, how do I know if a dream is from God or not? For all I know, a dream of mine might not be from God. Then I would waste other people's precious time trying to find a biblical message for me when in fact there is none. :p

Thanks again for the interpretation, and for your prayer! :angel:

Upvote 0

IfIonlyhadabrain

May 5, 2006
✟8,751.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Mind if I throw an interpretation out there?

There are two major settings here: university and the food court. In university, a place of learning, you were looking for your classroom, where you gain knowledge. In the food court, a place of eating, you were looking for sustainance of a certain kind. I take these two things to be the search for truth and the search for life for the soul, and the two are connected, since only what is true gives life. It may even be said that when we live, really and truly, the truth will be clear.

The first thing to take place is that you're touring your university with your parents. Since the food court is in the university, I take the university setting as a whole to be life in general. Moreover, University (/college) is also very much understood as the time in a person's life when they really enter into the world. That seems to be an idea here also. You're parents leave, and you're left to live your own life.

At this point, you begin to look for onion rings, which I take to mean that you are seeking to live a kind of life that you have chosen already. Your parents have left you to your new world, and you are now seeking to make a life for yourself, one that you've already chosen. However, through all the levels of life, through all its complexities and vast selections of living (eating/stores), you can't find any that give you what you want.

Another thing that happens is you see restaraunt owners unhappy because they have no service. This could either mean that there are many who have not taken up their vocation, their lives in God, or it may be directly related to you. All you can find are fries, and the store owners are sad that you're not buying from them. Perhaps the vacation that you should be living is right in front of you, but you are so fixated on living the life that you want that you simply ignore it. So God, or your conscience (the store owners) shows sadness at this.

Finally, the time has come for you to learn in class. But you can't find that either. Because you didn't eat, you didn't get the sustainance you needed, because you refused to eat the fries is preference for an non-existent onion ring, you've become so confused, so lost, that you cannot find your way back to truth. You didn't live the life that was so obviously yours, so clearly available to you, because you were fixated on one that you could never attain, that now you've become so lost in the dream that you can't find the truth (the classroom). Even asking for directions seems to be useless.

Finally, the last thing to happen is that one person you ask for directions from, that you ask "why did this happen" merely responds "it happened for a reason."

What reason? You asked for onion rings and God said no, these fries will give you life, that life is available to you any time you want it, anywhere you want it, anytime you feel hungry, all you need to do is eat. But you said no, I want my onion rings. Because you chose your own will, instead of the abundance of life, you are now lost in obscurity, an endless maze where truth can never be found.

Unless perhaps... you eat those fries.

Upvote 0

ahmunmun

聖戰武士
Sep 6, 2004
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Interesting, IfIonlyhadabrain... In a PM I got, and in Ajax's interpretation, it seems like I should be happy that I didn't just settle for the fries. Fries may be popular, but it doesn't mean it's right to go with the flow. I can't say I am searching for a life that doesn't exist. Even though I may not be completely happy with the life I am living right now, I do find things in my life to be thankful for, and trust that God will give me what I need.

I do like your interpretation. However, right now, God seems to be telling me to stay away from the flow. :)

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just felt like your dream meant that you are looking to be fed with knowledge that you just can't seem to find. And that last line makes it look like it's hidden for a reason.

I don't know if that's right but that's what I felt as I read it.

Upvote 0

TamaraLynne

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Michigan
✟11,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:wave: Good morning..........

I have drempt of the french fries...............:)

But mine were in three purple totes.........one in a river next to a fence ,one in the woods,and one on the banks of the river. Others were trying to bring the lids to place on the totes to keep the wild animals from eating the fries. But one animal from the movie"The Hedge" came to the tote on the bank of the river and my husband threw it down hard and it was dying.And after my husband(which I beleive represented Jesus) had thrown it down......it was shaven.

I have tried to figure out what the french fries mean........

I do think of them as a root and the oil they are fried in is the Holy Spirit.
The onion makes me think of different layers......."which makes me think of the movie "Shrek":)
I also heard of onions being something that can cleanse the blood. Are you seeking more in knowledge in order to have a deeper relationship with Jesus? Do you feel there is more to know that others cannot see?

Love
Tam:angel:

Upvote 0

ahmunmun

聖戰武士
Sep 6, 2004
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Thanks sbbq and TamaraLynne. Honestly, I don't know if you're accurate, but I really thank you for your input. This goes back to my question from post #3: How do you ever know what objects symbolize if they're not found in the Bible?

Sometimes I wonder, am I to blame for understanding a dream that God gave me? A dream could be interpreted so many ways, depending on the person. How am I ever supposed to find the right interpretation? Sometimes I know an interpretation is right because the Holy Spirit tells me. However, this time, I must say that I haven't felt a strong confirmation from Him yet...

Upvote 0

Ajax 777

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To your first question - I'm not really for certain, but I DID pray that I be given the right meaning of your dream before I answered it, if that tells you anything.

To your second question - I don't. Like I said, I'm not really much of an interpreter, Winnie, but I recalled that Jesus referred to the evil teachings of the Pharisees as "the yeast of the Pharisees", and how food is commonly used in the NT to represent teaching. The rest of the meaning I just drew on personal experience to interpret from.

To your third question - Now THAT I cannot answer. I myself have had MANY dreams, and many of them sure don't seem like they could have been from God. Some of them were so depraved that I felt violated upon waking. But others were insulting and hurtful, and yet they seem to be conveying something beneficial, so it could have been correction of a sorts. I'm just not the person to ask these questions of, Winnie. Sorry. :(

Upvote 0

IfIonlyhadabrain

May 5, 2006
✟8,751.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well, going back to the interpretation I first presented, instead of trying to find a life that you cannot, perhaps the food you are seeking is a truth you are seeking. As has been said by Ajax, food can also represent a teaching.

Though the idea that the onion rings are the real truth, and the fries are what are being offered by the world, and you're being swamped by the ways of the world seems like a good idea, what strikes as a discord with that interpretation, to me at least, is the fact that there are those who are sad because they have no business.

If there is an overwhelming reality in our world it is that Christ's truth is being rejected and every other way of the world is being sought after, craved, and entertained. Each person does so for his/her own reason. The truth is, Christ's truths are all around us, permeate our whole reality. The only thing that keeps people (us) from seeing it, realizing it, accepting it, is that we want something else. Whether it be social acceptance, wealth, popularity, "things", pleasure, whatever, we refuse Christ time and time again, refuse His truth, time and time again, because somehow we think that what we're after, what we're trying to get, our deep desires, are better than Him and His truth, His love.

However, it is your dream, it came out of your mind, permeated by things that have been happening in your life, ideas that you've been thinking about, etc... and symbolisms which are common to your mental framework. My interpretation is just that, mine. If it happens to be accurate, great. I hope it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

george

Veteran
Mar 29, 2002
springfield,ky
Visit site
✟2,406.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ajax 777 said:

With that said...

Great anwser...I couldn't of said it any better...

Upvote 0

ahmunmun

聖戰武士
Sep 6, 2004
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Thanks again, Ajax and IfonlyIhadabrain.

Umm... just a question. Does the Bible say that the Word is the bread of life? Or does it say Jesus is the bread of life?

I'm thinking that both fries and onion rings represent unhealthy spiritual foods.

Upvote 0

Ajax 777

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It says that Jesus is the bread of life.

But the Bible also tells us that Jesus is the Word made flesh.

And if you think the fries and onion rings both represent spirtually unhealthy teachings, remember that their real life counterparts are considered "fast" foods.

There is no "fast" road to eternal life, dear sister. We are to walk *(walk, not catch a plane, bus, or train)* with Jesus daily, and the path to life is "narrow and hard."

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ahmunmun said:
Thanks again, Ajax and IfonlyIhadabrain.

Umm... just a question. Does the Bible say that the Word is the bread of life? Or does it say Jesus is the bread of life?

I'm thinking that both fries and onion rings represent unhealthy spiritual foods.

John 6:48 says Jesus is the bread of life.

John 1:14 says Jesus is the Word of God.

So if Word of God = Jesus = Bread of life, then Word of God = Bread of life.

Though I've always thought the Word of God is much more than just the Bible. When the OT says "the word of God came to me saying" it doesn't mean that he was given a Bible and he figured it out. God speaks.

But your question about how do you know what symbols are if they aren't in the Bible... when those symbols were given to Daniel, he didn't have the Bible to reference, so how did he know? Before the Bible could there be any interpretation of dreams?? I believe there could. But you can't rely solely on Biblical symbols for modern interpretations because some modern symbols cannot be found in the Bible, ie. a dream where you are watching TV. You'll never find that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
I try to live in obidence to god some days i fail
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
has symbolizim really changed for example as was stated someone watching tv, when the bible speaks of a watchman, one who stands in a tower and watches for signs, is that any different than seting in a chair watching for signs on tv, there is not a day go by recently that signs Bible signs concerning Israel that is shown on tv, if one will take to time to watch, the watchman is doing the same thing watching for signs and warning as the Bible has forwarned, sybolizim my change in appearance but does it change in meaning, it seems not to. Was not the book of Moses--first 5 book of the bible around at the time of David?? was not David also lead by Gods Spirit as are we??

Upvote 0

LivinOnaPrayer

Jul 25, 2006
✟8,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I am not am interpeter either but i can tell you i have proficied before so here Goes .......God is saying that there are different decisions you will face some times things you want to do and have are not always gonna come your way. You need to be prepared to know what you can do when what you are experiencing seems the worst and all seems lost..like when you couldnt find your way . no matter where you go there is a place that you need to be and you know where that is .. Just trust God and at the end of your collage carreer i assume you will realize that some choices arnt your chosen choices but they will be better and places will be revield and you will feel safe

Upvote 0

ahmunmun

聖戰武士
Sep 6, 2004
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
LivinOnaPrayer said:
I am not am interpeter either but i can tell you i have proficied before so here Goes .......God is saying that there are different decisions you will face some times things you want to do and have are not always gonna come your way. You need to be prepared to know what you can do when what you are experiencing seems the worst and all seems lost..like when you couldnt find your way . no matter where you go there is a place that you need to be and you know where that is .. Just trust God and at the end of your collage carreer i assume you will realize that some choices arnt your chosen choices but they will be better and places will be revield and you will feel safe

Actually, I haven't been firm on any choices. I do think about my future but I don't put my foot down and say, "This is what I'm aiming for." I say, "No, I leave it to God, no matter what He holds for me."

Thanks everybody, but I actually have gotten the interpretation from God already. :) The dream, on the surface, seems to be about being lost and not having things come my way. However, that's not what the dream means. I truly feel that the classroom is the true destiny, and I'm not trying to have things my way or however you say it. I got the interpretation thorugh PM. I'll check with the user and see if I'm allowed to post her PM here.

By the way, I prophesy too, so do some people who replied here. Just like anyone else, there are times when we hear right, and there are times when we hear wrong. Sometimes the person with the right interpretation isn't even a prophet. :D Hence, I don't think being a prophet necessarily have to do with getting the interpretation right.

Upvote 0