newburgh
✟117,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When we do good works, we are acting on behalf of God. To that end, God has equipped us to do good works. Psalms 139:14 says “I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.” We are the result of God’s Good Works, and the good works that we perform are His Works through us.

No one who loves God can brag about the good works that they perform. After all, it’s God’s Good Works we are performing. Ephesians 2:8-9 says “. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” We show our faith in God by doing His Good Works.

And by doing those works, we are part of all things that work together for good. We are recognized by God to that end. Asit says in Romans 8:28-30, we who work for His Good have been called; “those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.” The good works we perform originated with God, not us. We are just carrying out those good works.

Remember Muhammad Ali? He went around saying “I am the greatest.” If he was “the greatest,” it’s not his doing. Rather, God enabled him to do great things. Ali was part of God’s grand scheme of things, whatever they are. One may assert that the good works that Ali performed helped give a more positive identity to those who felt left behind while others advanced, along with the fact that the doors are open for them to perform their own good works if they have faith in God.

But under God it is not necessary anyway to brag, because if we are truly doing good things, people who are God-fearing will know it. Think of the great actors you may know. If you consider Paul Newman to be a great actor, has he ever said, “I am the greatest actor?” He didn’t have to, because like Ali, what he did speaks for itself. Did anyone hear President Lincoln say, “I am the greatest President”? He didn’t have to, and a lot of people think he is the greatest President. But he, like Ali and Newman, was merely doing God’s Good things that God enabled and equipped him to do.

Did Jesus say, ‘Nobody who walks the earth is greater than I am?’ He knew that the miracles he performed on earth were God’s Miracles through him if you consider miracles to be a form of works. He knew that the things he said were things that God enabled him to say.

A true believer of God through Jesus need not brag...a true believer lets God’s Works speak for themselves through the works they perform.

Reactions: AlexB23

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟148,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When we do good works, we are acting on behalf of God. To that end, God has equipped us to do good works. Psalms 139:14 says “I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.” We are the result of God’s Good Works, and the good works that we perform are His Works through us.

No one who loves God can brag about the good works that they perform. After all, it’s God’s Good Works we are performing. Ephesians 2:8-9 says “. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” We show our faith in God by doing His Good Works.

And by doing those works, we are part of all things that work together for good. We are recognized by God to that end. Asit says in Romans 8:28-30, we who work for His Good have been called; “those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.” The good works we perform originated with God, not us. We are just carrying out those good works.

Remember Muhammad Ali? He went around saying “I am the greatest.” If he was “the greatest,” it’s not his doing. Rather, God enabled him to do great things. Ali was part of God’s grand scheme of things, whatever they are. One may assert that the good works that Ali performed helped give a more positive identity to those who felt left behind while others advanced, along with the fact that the doors are open for them to perform their own good works if they have faith in God.

But under God it is not necessary anyway to brag, because if we are truly doing good things, people who are God-fearing will know it. Think of the great actors you may know. If you consider Paul Newman to be a great actor, has he ever said, “I am the greatest actor?” He didn’t have to, because like Ali, what he did speaks for itself. Did anyone hear President Lincoln say, “I am the greatest President”? He didn’t have to, and a lot of people think he is the greatest President. But he, like Ali and Newman, was merely doing God’s Good things that God enabled and equipped him to do.

Did Jesus say, ‘Nobody who walks the earth is greater than I am?’ He knew that the miracles he performed on earth were God’s Miracles through him if you consider miracles to be a form of works. He knew that the things he said were things that God enabled him to say.

A true believer of God through Jesus need not brag...a true believer lets God’s Works speak for themselves through the works they perform.
Hey, here is a perfect verse, from Matthew 6:2, which talks about not boasting also. Man, Jesus had a great sermon. :) Also, Paul in 2 Corinthians had good stuff to say as well. I have to tell you something: I was not really into studying the Bible, until the past month or so. God is to thank, as He has shown me through this forum, and technology (artificial intelligence, a double-edged sword, which can be used for good) that it is a good idea to study His Word.

Matt 6:2 (NIV): "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full."

2 Corinthians 11:30 (NIV): "If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness."

Finally, Proverbs 11:2 (NIV): "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom."

Reactions: newton3005
Upvote 0