USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I personally like to stay away from "mass media" worlds. Final Fantasy, Lord of the Rings, Narnia, ect. If I am going to play in a prefabricated world, I'm at least going to pick something less conspicuous, like Namco's "Tales of" series, or Terry Prattchet's discworld, or I even tried a serious thread about Candy Land once.

I wouldn't mind trying that again. I always thought that Candy Land would be a great place for a serious thread.

Change a few things like what? SHA is meant as a comedy. If we want to do a serious Superhero thread, why not just start something new? I'd go for it.

Candy Land? Hmm... Sounds odd, but it could work.

SHA is a good idea as is, but there are a few things that could be tweaked. For example, it could be made to fit more than just superhero stories. It could be a story of cowboys in one story and a fantasy story in the next.

But whatever you think would work, I'd join it. It sounds fun.

I suggested a revival of Boarding School...Since enough people are right here to keep it going, and I promise I'm not going anywhere unless something unexpected pops up.

What is Boarding School about? I know it's about kids who have superpowers, but that's all I know.

Upvote 0

LUColt27

The hottest thing since sunburn
Oct 16, 2008
✟8,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know about LOTR. Perhaps the story could be about a war between the elves and the dwarves? There has always been tensions between the two races.
That might not be a bad idea. I could go a few ways with this one, and the timing of the war would be interesting as well.

Upvote 0

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How about we each choose one plot of our making that we think will be most popular? Then we can all vote out of the plots suggested and focus on making the winning RP a success.

I still think Superheroes Anonymous should be revived anyway.

The story that I would suggest would suggest out of mine would be a Super Heroes sequel. Here's an update to the story.

An evil organization called SHEO has gained power in several governments around the world and has declared war on any who do not submit to them.

On the side of SHEO they have the successful human experiments who use their powers, willingly or unwillingly, to fight their enemies. The other world powers must rely on their normal weapons and greater numbers. Very few super heroes have escaped SHEO to fight for freedom.

Upvote 0

Ninjitsu14

Captain of 3rd Division in the Army of god
Apr 13, 2004
ate oh sicks
✟58,420.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Did you not see Shad's post? Superheroes anonymous is a comedy. It is not serious like your superheroes thing.

And since, no one seems to care about any of my contributions, I feel as if my contributions will not be contributing to the overall contribution of everyone's revival of the RPG forum.

This is the only thing that is still tying me to Christian Forums, and man is it dead. I had some good times, but it seems that I just can't keep up, that my ideas are too old fashioned.

For those of you who wish to remain in contact with me, my E-mail is gamer1230@valornet.com

I hope to find another RPG forum where I can express my ideas freely, and not be judged by others on what has happened in the past (Light), or what I have said, even if what I have said has been ignored. Goodbye, CF.

Upvote 0

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did you not see Shad's post? Superheroes anonymous is a comedy. It is not serious like your superheroes thing.

And since, no one seems to care about any of my contributions, I feel as if my contributions will not be contributing to the overall contribution of everyone's revival of the RPG forum.

This is the only thing that is still tying me to Christian Forums, and man is it dead. I had some good times, but it seems that I just can't keep up, that my ideas are too old fashioned.

For those of you who wish to remain in contact with me, my E-mail is gamer1230@valornet.com

I hope to find another RPG forum where I can express my ideas freely, and not be judged by others on what has happened in the past (Light), or what I have said, even if what I have said has been ignored. Goodbye, CF.

I am aware that SSA is a comedy. My Super Heroes RP is something different altogether. I would want to do both.

We have value just as much for your contributions as anyone else's. I haven't seen anyone say anything bad about your ideas. Many ideas have been presented, not only yours. Just because we haven't all rushed to your topics doesn't mean we don't like your ideas.

The reason I made this topic was because there were too many ideas, not that there wasn't enough. If any RP is going to survive, we must focus on one plot that we all like and can work with.

It's unfortunate that you feel you have to leave. I hope you will change your mind. But we've given you no hardship to deserve your rebuke.

Upvote 0

Nella Fantasia

Sin-Bound
Mar 9, 2005
Visit site
✟28,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm all for coming back to CF and reviving the RPG section. I just don't know if it will ever be as successful as it was when I first started writing here (a little over 4 years ago). It's sad really. I remember when there were so many RPGs one had to limit themselves or else they'd never be able to keep up. Now everyone is slowly leaving...

Upvote 0

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm all for coming back to CF and reviving the RPG section. I just don't know if it will ever be as successful as it was when I first started writing here (a little over 4 years ago). It's sad really. I remember when there were so many RPGs one had to limit themselves or else they'd never be able to keep up. Now everyone is slowly leaving...

I know what you mean. I was just considering leaving myself. It's not as fun here as it used to be.

What happened here, anyway? Do we just have more people leaving than we have new members, or what?

Hopefully these forums will grow back to where it was.

Maybe we should start something simple that we can all take a part in, just to feed the flame a little. Perhaps we could do a humorous continue-the-story type RP where each player posts to continue the story. Rather than each player having a separate character, we just manipulate one character or more and make funny things happen to him.

The only rules would be not to end the story, each player must leave an incomplete sentence at the end of each post for the next person to finish, and everything must remain clean.

What do you think?

Upvote 0

Nella Fantasia

Sin-Bound
Mar 9, 2005
Visit site
✟28,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know what you mean. I was just considering leaving myself. It's not as fun here as it used to be.

What happened here, anyway? Do we just have more people leaving than we have new members, or what?

I'm not sure. CF is a pretty big place, and not many people probably even know we're here. Then again, there hasn't been much activity in CF for awhile now.

Maybe we should start something simple that we can all take a part in, just to feed the flame a little. Perhaps we could do a humorous continue-the-story type RP where each player posts to continue the story. Rather than each player having a separate character, we just manipulate one character or more and make funny things happen to him.

The only rules would be not to end the story, each player must leave an incomplete sentence at the end of each post for the next person to finish, and everything must remain clean.

What do you think?

I agree that simple would be the way to go, but I'm not too fond of that idea. If you all want to do it, go for it, I just won't be involved. Being as I've been gone for awhile and really missing my RPGs, I want a good old normal, create-your-character, wicked plot RPG :D

However, I don't think I should be the one to create it. I've received complaints about my RPGs being too complicated :sorry: So if we're aiming for simple, I'd probably demolish it and turn everyone's brains to slush. I just have that sort of talent. But I'll be more than happy to build off of someone else's idea and help to create it that way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree that simple would be the way to go, but I'm not too fond of that idea. If you all want to do it, go for it, I just won't be involved. Being as I've been gone for awhile and really missing my RPGs, I want a good old normal, create-your-character, wicked plot RPG :D

However, I don't think I should be the one to create it. I've received complaints about my RPGs being too complicated :sorry: So if we're aiming for simple, I'd probably demolish it and turn everyone's brains to slush. I just have that sort of talent. But I'll be more than happy to build off of someone else's idea and help to create it that way.

I think I will start a thread for my idea, but I would also like to try doing a serious RPG with you.

How about something involving ninjas? It could take place in an imaginary place similar to ancient Japan. And to add some conflict, there could be a rivaling clan, lead by a superpowerful ninjitsu master who threatens to destroy all who refuse to submit to his will.

Perhaps we can also mix their world with a little bit of futuristic technology (sort of like how the Final Fantasy series does it). For example, airships could be used for long distance travel and/or for war. Also, some ninjas could use guns. (If you've seen GI Joe, Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes make very good use of both ninja stars and pistols.)

But if you prefer to stick to strickly ancient technology, that's okay too.

How do you like this idea? Would this be something you'd like to build off of?

EDIT: Here is a link to my humorous RPG - http://www.christianforums.com/t7397338/

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Nella Fantasia

Sin-Bound
Mar 9, 2005
Visit site
✟28,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm...I could do ninjas as long as it has a sense of realism to it. In ancient Japan the samurai were the government's elite guard. Poor farmers and peasants and the like decided to revolt against them, which is how the ninjas began. We could take a bit of history and do something like that as a main plot.

But I don't want to think too much about it if no one is going to be interested in it. Where is everyone else? >_>

Upvote 0
Here's the way I see it:

We either need:

a) an rp thread with one central theme that we all agree on, or

b) an rp thread with a central premise but varying themes where we all bring our own "supper", as it were.

Unfortunately, there is no one else. They are either in the few threads they have left, or else they are too busy to be very active.

However, I have a few proposals. I'm working off the premises idea, so here are my premises.

This is one I'm pulling off of a thread that was a culminations of some of CF greatest RP minds.
The Stream : Ever since we were children we've all been told about the stream, this strange flow of something, we don't know what. If you stumble into it somehow, you can be taken to strange worlds, worlds of light in the sky, worlds filled with water instead of air, worlds with nothing under you but endless blackness, and who knows what else. Not only through worlds, but possibly even through time. Our parents told us about marvelous adventures and grand tales of people who bumbled into the stream, and our eyes sparkled with imagination. But that's all they were; tales and imagination. The Stream was a fairy tale; no more real than fairies, golems, vampires, or humans, or even the stories about Olam, the great being which created our world. No, we all grew up sometime, and we grew to know the stories were just make-believe.
Heh; it's ironic, you know. All these things everyone knows to be children's play stories, until some of us bumble around a corner and find everything, all the stories, true. And now, ours is the fairytale. But the story doesn't start with me. No, the story begins with a few of my friends...
The basic premise was this mysterious stream that took people to other worlds on this giant meteor belt. If it helps any, I think it's something like the Stargate series. I've never seen Stargate, so I wouldn't know.

The second was one I was thinking over yesterday.

1957: It's a year I'll never forget. It had little to do with the launch of Sputnik, although, in a way, it had much to do with the launch of Sputnik.
It's the height of the Cold War, some would call it, and I was working for the US CIA in Finland. That's where I learned about the Artifacts.
I was undercover, chasing a known Soviet spy. I cornered him, and he unleashed some weird weapon on me. It was like a flamethrower, but he threw the fire at me, not shooting it from any weapon.
Fortunately, for me anyway, I was able to get behind cover and get a clean shot to his head. It brought him and his weapon down. I examined the body, particularly the bizarre glove-like weapon on his hand. It looked to be made from iron and had strange symbols carved onto it. I took it, and looking back, if I hadn't, maybe my life would have been normal. But, in a way, it was my duty, and I did my duty.
Later that night, they found me. They had been looking for it too, but the Soviets had found it first. They explained that, long ago, these artifacts had been made and forged with certain powers. Items like Thor's hammer, or Greek Fire, or the building of the pyramids, or Stonehenge, all related to these "artifacts." What they could do, what they looked like, it all varied. How they worked, it was not quite understood. But there was one thing they made clear: Hitler knew about them and was collecting them, Stalin had learned of them and wanted them, and now the USSR was still after them, and by them planned to launch Sputnik. I knew of Sputnik, but this all sounded like bologna to me. But then, I couldn't deny that weapon on the table.
So, for the greater cause, I joined their group. I'm considered a rogue agent by the CIA and a serious threat by the USSR. I'm a man without a country, but so are all of the Curators.
So basically it is sort of a secret agent, "Indiana Jones"-esque organization that collects these historical artifacts that actually have amazing powers. I liked the setting of the Cold War better than WW II, but that's personal preference.

I think both ideas have lots of potential. Also, since Ninjitsu seems to have decided to leave, I'm going to take up the mantle of The Sky King of Arenia. It is a great idea, and, though I don't like the idea of heading up an RP, this on sounds too good to pass on.

Upvote 0

Nella Fantasia

Sin-Bound
Mar 9, 2005
Visit site
✟28,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shadow,

Considering I know little about history I've always been apprehensive to write for anything requiring such facts (in case I mess it up), but the first idea sounds like it has potential. I'd probably be interested in writing for something like that. Was it an old RPG already created? In other words, is there already a plot, conflict and all that good stuff set up?

I'll check out The Sky King of Arenia later. Right now I'm going on about four hours of sleep in two days so even if I could read over it at the moment I probably wouldn't remember anything about it by tomorrow. Curse the need to sleep.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nella, one thing worth bringing up is that it sounds like history would only play a minimal role in any RPG with an Indiana Jones flair. I mean, seriously, Nazi's were bad. Commies are bad, the Free World is good, and magic is a free for all.

I AM a history buff, so that's a violent generalization and is really inaccurate, but, it's all we'd need to make an RPG out of it. "Accuracy" in fiction is a really really malleable term. Heck, I've yet to EVER see an authentic "medieval" fantasy. So, I guess I'm saying, don't worry about screwing stuff up. Just pretend it's a fantasy world, with more familiar names.

Her other thing though, I'm curious about. I remember when you made it Shadows, and I also remember not having time. How far did it go, and how true to the plot do you plan to be?

Upvote 0
Um... sorry, Drama, but my dyslexic brain can't wrap any sense out of those two questions. Could you rephrase them?

Wait, I think... okay, I think I see the meaning.

We never really got that far into it. Somehow or another, it just petered out. It was probably because I was in charge. For whatever reason, those RPs never last long (I don't think it's me, but maybe). So, as far as sticking to the plot, not really. It will go wherever it gets taken.

And like Drama said about the second, it's more of a premise than anything. It doesn't have to be strictly accurate, and probably won't be; I mean, the whole "mystical artifacts" probably never happened historically. It's more of that setting of high suspicion, cloak and dagger, find-it-before-they-do style adventure. I'll be the first to tell you that history is not my strong point, seeing as how my long-term memory spans about three weeks. So yeah.

Upvote 0

Nella Fantasia

Sin-Bound
Mar 9, 2005
Visit site
✟28,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's good to know I wouldn't potentially wreak havoc on history :p Well, considering I'm writing several RPGs outside of CF as well as my own novel I doubt I'd be able to write for all three of them anyway. But I did finally read over The Sky King of Arenia, and I quite like it. The problem I see though is the plot that was set up (as small as it is) counted on Nin's character. Is someone else going to be taking up said character or are we needing an entirely different plot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LightofHeaven

Reborn
May 31, 2007
In a house. You?
✟12,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I was lying in bed today with a small fever and a headache that tempted me to bang it against t he wall, a random little story with a Metal Gear Solid-type plot popped into my head (yes, MGS has an amazing plot).

....well, dangit, I just lost it.

It was basically about a guy finding oe of seven keys to some kind of gate

Upvote 0