Not open for further replies.

JeanR

Resting in the Lord
Nov 3, 2006
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
The kids and I returned this afternoon from our extended family vacation in New Hampshire. It was a very emotional time. My husband loved New Hampshire and even though it is a far ride from our home in Pennsylvania, we went often up there to visit my husband's relatives.

On this trip, Terry's parents and his siblings, nieces, newphews, a couple of aunts and an uncle went with us. All together there was 43 of us. My father-in-law's health is failing rapidly, but he went up. It really put a strain on him. He is 85 years and and this was probably the last trip to his childhood home.

During this week away, we marked the 9th month anniversary of his passing and also what would have been his 55th birthday. It was emotionally draining, but at the same time, felt good.

I visited the cemetery this afternoon and put fresh flowers on Terry's grave. I told him about the trip and that I took our children back to New Hampshire. I know that would have made him very happy.

I don't know if I can do it again, though. The kids and I are wiped out.

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Glad to see you made it back. You know they say the first year is the hardest and all those other firsts. My husband died a day after his birthday. I remember getting together with his family on his birthday, that was REALLY hard, but also good too. Kinda bittersweet. My husband was a musician and he had done some recording and we listened to his music and it almost felt as if he was there playing to us. Sometimes things are good for us even when we don't think they are. Even though it was hard and draining for you, over time I am confident that you will always be glad you went. :hug:
Take care,

memoriesbymichelle

Upvote 0

JeanR

Resting in the Lord
Nov 3, 2006
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
I am glad we went because we took my father-in-law. He is 85 and his health is failing rapidly. I was surprised that he was able to go since he just got out of the hospital with pneumonia the day before we left for the trip. We'll be able to look back and know that he got to visit his childhood home once again.

But now I am traveling again for work. Hotels sure can be very lonely.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I am glad we went because we took my father-in-law. He is 85 and his health is failing rapidly. I was surprised that he was able to go since he just got out of the hospital with pneumonia the day before we left for the trip. We'll be able to look back and know that he got to visit his childhood home once again.

But now I am traveling again for work. Hotels sure can be very lonely.

Well at least you know you have friends here:hug:

memoriesbymichelle

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.