Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Another Song. Hope you like it!

We Give Them To You
Composer: Robert Kemppainen

We give our hearts to you.
We give you the works of our hands.
We give you our hopes, our goals and all of our plans.
Take them, O Lord we pray.
Do with them what you want to do.
Please take them, O Lord.
We give them to you.

All that we are, all that we hope to be,
All that we have, all we will ever see,
All that we need with blessings to spare,
We have received from you, so Lord, hear our prayer.

Take then, O Lord we pray.
Please take them, O Lord we give them to you. you.

Lord, you provide all that we need to live.
More than enough so that we, too, can give.
As you have shared, help us to share too,
That as we live our lives, we're living like you.
©JJANA

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,367,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another Song. Hope you like it!

We Give Them To You
Composer: Robert Kemppainen

Take them, O Lord we pray.
Please take them, O Lord.
We give them to you.

All that we are, all that we hope to be,
All that we have, all we will ever see,
All that we need with blessings to spare,
We have received from you, so Lord, hear our prayer.

Take then, O Lord we pray.
Please take them, O Lord we give them to you. you.

Lord, you provide all that we need to live.
More than enough so that we, too, can give.
As you have shared, help us to share too,
That as we live our lives, we're living like you.
©JJANA

Good words, Rob! So, have you recorded any of your songs?

Upvote 0

robk

Jul 31, 2006
Central Minnesota
Visit site
✟17,383.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Good words, Rob! So, have you recorded any of your songs?

Dear Sue,

Thanks again. I have done some recording but it's nothing to write home about. I think I need a better microphone.

I am publishing some of my songs. If you click on "robk" and then go to, "contact info," some of my stuff can be seen and heard. No singing, just a verse or so on the piano, as a you tube movie.

In Christ,
robk

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,367,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Sue,

Thanks again. I have done some recording but it's nothing to write home about. I think I need a better microphone.

I am publishing some of my songs. If you click on "robk" and then go to, "contact info," some of my stuff can be seen and heard. No singing, just a verse or so on the piano, as a you tube movie.

In Christ,
robk

Rob,

I listened to several of your songs. I liked them! Is that you playing? That is not my gift. I can play well enough to plunk out the melody so that I can write out the music and to figure out the chords, so I can write those, too, but I can't play a whole song, so really appreciate it when someone plays them for me, which doesn't happen very often. I have to rely upon the canned music that the song writing package offers, but it is so mechanical with no emotion or feeling to it. Yet, I share what I have been given, and I believe the Lord will use my "loaves and fishes" and will bless them and will multiply them.

May I make a suggestion? When you put your lyrics on CF, would you include a link to the music/sound? I think it would be nice if everyone could hear the music that goes with the words. I know I enjoyed thoroughly hearing your music, too. It doesn't have to have voice, as it is pretty easy to pick up how the words go with the music in the way in which you have presented it with your PP presentations. I am just learning to use PP and I just learned how to make a PP presentation into a video instead of me videotaping my computer screen. It is so much better now. This has all been a learning process for me, but the Lord has helped me and has led me along the way to increase my knowledge of how to write and how to present the music. Live instrumentation would definitely be a plus, as would a younger voice, but, again, God takes what I have and he uses it for his glory. So, I am thankful!

Upvote 0

robk

Jul 31, 2006
Central Minnesota
Visit site
✟17,383.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

May I make a suggestion? When you put your lyrics on CF, would you include a link to the music/sound? I think it would be nice if everyone could hear the music that goes with the words....

Dear Sue,
Again thank you. I was under the impression that we were not allowed to post links to other web sites. Is that true or not. One of the things I have been having a lot of trouble with is finding the rules for posting. I found them once but have not been able to find them since.

I did notice that someone embedded a You Tube video in their post. Is this something that is permitted. I would be glad to include music with my lyrics as long as it it OK.

By the way, my computer is playing the piano. I do play some but my playing is Biblical; My right hand does not know what my left hand is doing. ;-) I have actually learned to play some pretty intricate songs (Scott Joplin) but it takes me weeks to learn them and "get them into my hands."

With the computer, I can write something, then listen to is to see if I like it and then change it to suit. (or keep it). I usually know what I want it to sound like. I get my wife, who is a really good pianist and organist, to play them after I'm done, just to see if they are doable. I wouldn't want someone to break a finger because I wrote something that was impossible to play.

Hmmm? Gonna try something here I have never tried, to embed a you tube video.

Here's hoping.

Nope! I don't have enough posts to allow linking. But only 15 more to go! 'Til then I guess people will have to dig my site out of my profile/ contact information if they want to hear the music.

In Christ,
robk

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,367,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

May I make a suggestion? When you put your lyrics on CF, would you include a link to the music/sound? I think it would be nice if everyone could hear the music that goes with the words....

Dear Sue,
Again thank you. I was under the impression that we were not allowed to post links to other web sites. Is that true or not. One of the things I have been having a lot of trouble with is finding the rules for posting. I found them once but have not been able to find them since.

I did notice that someone embedded a You Tube video in their post. Is this something that is permitted. I would be glad to include music with my lyrics as long as it it OK.

By the way, my computer is playing the piano. I do play some but my playing is Biblical; My right hand does not know what my left hand is doing. ;-) I have actually learned to play some pretty intricate songs (Scott Joplin) but it takes me weeks to learn them and "get them into my hands."

With the computer, I can write something, then listen to is to see if I like it and then change it to suit. (or keep it). I usually know what I want it to sound like. I get my wife, who is a really good pianist and organist, to play them after I'm done, just to see if they are doable. I wouldn't want someone to break a finger because I wrote something that was impossible to play.

Hmmm? Gonna try something here I have never tried, to embed a you tube video.

Here's hoping.

Nope! I don't have enough posts to allow linking. But only 15 more to go! 'Til then I guess people will have to dig my site out of my profile/ contact information if they want to hear the music.

In Christ,
robk

Rob,

I sympathize with you on the piano playing skills. My daughter is a music teacher and I have a daughter-in-law who plays, as well, so every now and then I will get one of them to play them to see what changes I need to make. I am not doing this for money or for publication, so I don't have nearly the need to be as scrutinizing as you might have to be. BTW, what songwriting package do you use? Your canned music sounds a whole lot better than mine.

As far as including links go, you may, once you have enough posts, link to any relevant news articles, resource sites or anything relevant to your topic. What they don't want are links to blogs or other discussion sites outside of CF, spam, advertising, etc. I believe the rules should be listed in a sticky at the top of this forum. There are rules about how much you can quote of other people's materials. Since the Lord uses songs in my QTs that I write every day, and I am limited as to how much I can quote of other people's work, the Lord has been gracious in giving me songs to write because I can quote all of my own work.

If you check my thread, "Original Works," you will see, not only that this whole process of writing music, recording it and presenting it has been a learning process, but you will see that I have linked to a site I set up for the purpose of storing the PDFs, audio and song lyrics as well as I have linked the Youtube videos, now PP presentations, too, so that people can listen to the songs. This is considered relevant material. I am not trying to sell anything, though, so they may have rules about posting links to sites where you are trying to sell your songs. You would have to check on that.

Well, it has been nice chatting with you. Hope this has helped. And, please do let me know what song writing software you use, because I am looking for something with better instrumentation. Thanks!

Upvote 0

robk

Jul 31, 2006
Central Minnesota
Visit site
✟17,383.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Rob,

BTW, what songwriting package do you use? Your canned music sounds a whole lot better than mine.

Reply:
I compose my and lay out the music with Sibelius 6 which is a great program but quite expensive. They did have a discount for teachers and church workers though, so that did help. I hand to send them documentation to prove that I was a pastor.

After its done, I export a midi file to the desk top of mycomputer. Then I open garageband and, after setting it up for the song, I simply drag the midi file into the program. I add echo and reverb to give it a little more life and make a second track to try and produce a more stereo effect. (The instruments that you hear in the YouTube movies are apple instruments from garage band.)

Then I open up IMovie and combine the garageband file with a background and lyrics and export that to YouTube.

By the way, I did find the rules with your help. They were listed in the upper right-hand corner of the CF page along with the FAQ and a few other things. About a year ago, my old computer died, though not before I was able to download everything onto another hard drive (PLT), and I bought a new computer. Since it is likely the last computer I will ever own, I sprang for the i mac with the 19 inch screen. Great for writing music but it sometimes puts parts of the page way over to the right or left and I miss them, as I did in this case. But thanks for helping me find it.

In Christ,
rob k

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,367,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rob,

BTW, what songwriting package do you use? Your canned music sounds a whole lot better than mine.

Reply:
I compose my and lay out the music with Sibelius 6 which is a great program but quite expensive. They did have a discount for teachers and church workers though, so that did help. I hand to send them documentation to prove that I was a pastor.

After its done, I export a midi file to the desk top of mycomputer. Then I open garageband and, after setting it up for the song, I simply drag the midi file into the program. I add echo and reverb to give it a little more life and make a second track to try and produce a more stereo effect. (The instruments that you hear in the YouTube movies are apple instruments from garage band.)

Then I open up IMovie and combine the garageband file with a background and lyrics and export that to YouTube.

By the way, I did find the rules with your help. They were listed in the upper right-hand corner of the CF page along with the FAQ and a few other things. About a year ago, my old computer died, though not before I was able to download everything onto another hard drive (PLT), and I bought a new computer. Since it is likely the last computer I will ever own, I sprang for the i mac with the 19 inch screen. Great for writing music but it sometimes puts parts of the page way over to the right or left and I miss them, as I did in this case. But thanks for helping me find it.

In Christ,
rob k

Rob,

Thank you for taking the time to tell me the process you go through. I began handwriting the songs and scanning the handwritten music into my computer and saving the images as jpgs until my daughter told me there were song writing packages out there. I began with a free one, but it was very limited, so I moved up to Finale SongWriter. It works fine except the instrumentation does not always sound that great, but then I'm not writing for publication, but as my witness for the Lord only. I save the songs as a wav file and enter those into Audacity, which is where I record the voice, then I create the Powerpoint presentation, insert the mp3 I have created, and then I use a package called Moyea, which is a PPT to video converter, and that is what I use to put the songs on Youtube. This has been a long learning process to get where I am now now, but the Lord has been with me every step of the way encouraging me to learn more. It gets harder to learn new stuff the older you get. I'm 61. Yet, the Lord teaches me new things every day and he is the one who gives me the ability to learn them.

Thanks again so much for sharing that information with me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums