Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're interpreting it as grace "appeared" when faith occured.

The word "appear" has more than one definition. If we want to talk grammar.

It can mean "to come into existence." That's how you're interpreting the phrase. That's the 6th definition Merriam Webster has for the word.

It can also mean "to become evident or manifest." That's how I'm interpreting the phrase. That grace becomes evident to the person who experiences conversion. They can now understand. That's why they were once "blind" but now they "see." They were blind to grace before, now they can understand its role in their faith. That's the 4th defintion Merriam Webster has for the word.

You don't have the market cornered on grammar. So you can ^_^ at me all you want. At least I don't have to find a reason to knock down a song that is beloved by Christians all over the world based upon a faulty understanding of what the song is saying.
What got me about the video was listening to this beautiful hymn performed in Bocelli’s style was the contrasting advertising in the background. One which clearly said Hades in the background. Anyway..

Upvote 0

narnia59

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
✟332,711.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What got me about the video was listening to this beautiful hymn performed in Bocelli’s style was the contrasting advertising in the background. One which clearly said Hades in the background. Anyway..
No matter what Bocelli would have sung, people would have stopped to listen. He's that impressive. It's a blessing he chose to sing that song.

Somebody else could have done that and been half ignored, or worse, people would have started to mock or protest. That's the society we currently live in, and especially in New York. But not Bocelli. It's nice to see someone using their talent for the good.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0