Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So Trump was not the originator of it so you can't claim he was racist because he questioned it too.

That's asinine.

No you have not, you just claimed racism without any evidence like you are continuing to do now. I was being sincere.

You haven't addressed his comments telling the Squad to go back to their home countries and not participate in American government.

Maybe because he is a conspiracy theorist? Maybe because there was no birth certificate or one that was thought altered?
There was a birth certificate.

I never heard him say it was because of Obama's race...
No kidding. What you didn't hear him express were concerns about any white interlopers of foreign birth.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The reason for this question, is that the news has been suggesting a possible presidential run for Ron DeSantis, who I personally view as an authoritarian kind of person, in comparison with Trump. But then I remembered a lot of people claiming that Trump was a fascist - but I never viewed him that way.

Personally, my view of Trump is a 1980's kind of guy, who isn't the type who is into banning books, or being racist, or going against progressive, democratic values at all.

...So I was wondering where people get off calling him "fascist", especially when considering that Ron DeSantis does indeed seem more that way than Trump ever did.

In fact, I view DeSantis as so authoritarian, I might even consider voting Democrat if he becomes the primary candidate for the GOP - something I've never considered before in my life.

Donald Trump is not a fascist. If he was a fascist he would have done all sorts of fascist things. He didn't. Ron DeSantis is not a fascist. And I know he's not a fascist because he hasn't done any fascist things. If he has done any fascist things simply tell me what they are.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You haven't addressed his comments telling the Squad to go back to their home countries and not participate in American government.
Many people do wish that the foreign born members of the squad would in fact return to their home countries... That's not a polite comment for sure, but it's not inherently racist either to the average American citizen.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Donald Trump is not a fascist. If he was a fascist he would have done all sorts of fascist things. He didn't. Ron DeSantis is not a fascist. And I know he's not a fascist because he hasn't done any fascist things. If he has done any fascist things simply tell me what they are.
I'm not calling anyone a fascist. But Ron DeSantis is an authoritarian in my view. He overstepped his boundaries when he banned books. I wouldn't care what the books were about - that's not what we elect government for.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm not calling anyone a fascist. But Ron DeSantis is an authoritarian in my view. He overstepped his boundaries when he banned books. I wouldn't care what the books were about - that's not what we elect government for.

Ron DeSantis hasn't banned a single book. There are no books that cannot be freely published and distributed in Florida.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That's asinine.

There was a birth certificate.

No kidding. What you didn't hear him express were concerns about any white interlopers of foreign birth.
No it isn't. What is assinine is claiming racism where there is no evidence of it. Trump, a republican is white and Obama a democrat is black (well half). Accums razor implies politically driven not racism. Or can I claim that democrats doing the same to Cruz are racists?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
He banned them from schools.

Keeping something out of public schools is a legitimate function of the State. Parents are forced by law to hand their children over to the State every day and if they object to what the State is exposing them to they can petition the State government to change it. Most certainly when it has no legitimate educational value.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Keeping something out of public schools is a legitimate function of the State. Parents are forced by law to hand their children over to the State every day and if they object to what the State is exposing them to they can petition the State government to change it. Most certainly when it has no legitimate educational value.

People who ban books always have what they think are good reasons.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If we raise out children correctly, there will be no reason to restrict books from the school library. Everytime we ban something, we do it for security or safety... It's that way when we surrender any form of freedom.

Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟101,549.00
Faith
Seeker
Many people do wish that the foreign born members of the squad would in fact return to their home countries... That's not a polite comment for sure, but it's not inherently racist either to the average American citizen.
If someone is not politically active and minding their own business, is it racist to tell them to go back to their own crime ridden country? My answer is yes.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If someone is not politically active and minding their own business, is it racist to tell them to go back to their own crime ridden country? My answer is yes.
Yes, if they're not making political decisions for the entire country, then that would be racist.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Only one member of the squad is foreign born, and she came to the US as a child and a refugee.

Yes, telling people they don’t belong here because of where they’re from is racist.
No it isn't. What is assinine is claiming racism where there is no evidence of it. Trump, a republican is white and Obama a democrat is black (well half). Accums razor implies politically driven not racism. Or can I claim that democrats doing the same to Cruz are racists?
What Democrats are doing / did the same thing to Cruz?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What Democrats are doing / did the same thing to Cruz?
Were the republicans saying the same thing regarding Cruz? None of it is racist, it is all politically driven ON BOTH SIDES...

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
How long until we see an official list from Florida of “approved books”?
What will publishers have to agree to to get their wares approved by the State?
Will there be a “fee”?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
How long until we see an official list from Florida of “approved books”?
What will publishers have to agree to to get their wares approved by the State?
Will there be a “fee”?

Every State has a list of "approved books" for use in their school curriculums.

Upvote 0