Was the first day of the week also called the Lord's day?

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,314.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, God claimed a day from the beginning, there was never an argument in scripture on which day was God's holy day i.e. the Lord Day- the day Jesus and the disciples kept. When Christ died on the cross- It is finished - nothing could be changed to His everlasting covenant. If Jesus was going to change one of His Father's commandments that He kept His whole life- He would have said something to someone.

If something new was going to be introduced, John who does not have authority to change one of God's commandments, would have connected it what that meant, if it was something completely different than what is stated throughout the entire bible and a commandment of God that John shows God's saints keeping until the very end of time. Rev 14:12 Rev 22:14
Please explain something:
Why does John refer to the day in question in Revelation as "the Lord's day" and not the Sabbath if they are the same.? Just show me where in the Bible "the Lord's day" indicates it's the Sabbath. Because it is possible for there to be two defined days in the Bible. There is also Preparation Day as well for Friday. I'm sure you're familiar with that. So that's 3 distinct days mentioned.

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please explain something:
Why does John refer to the day in question in Revelation as "the Lord's day" and not the Sabbath if they are the same.? Just show me where in the Bible "the Lord's day" indicates it's the Sabbath. Because it is possible for there to be two defined days in the Bible. There is also Preparation Day as well for Friday. I'm sure you're familiar with that. So that's 3 distinct days mentioned.
God defined the Sabbath as My holy day Isa 58:13 that is on the seventh day Exo 20:10 that Jesus is Lord of Mark 2:28

The burden is on you to show that John meant something different than what God said from His own mouth. We are to live by every Word Mat 4:4 not possibilities…

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,314.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God defined the Sabbath as My holy day Isa 58:13 that is on the seventh day Exo 20:10 that Jesus is Lord of Mark 2:28

The burden is on you to show that John meant something different than what God said from His own mouth. We are to live by every Word Mat 4:4 not possibilities…
You are saying the Lord's Day is the Sabbath. Yet you don't produce anything to support that. If something is new in the Bible I don't have to prove anything about it because it's new. I don't understand what your difficult with this comes from. We're not taking anything away from the Sabbath. Yet you are acting like we are when discussing this. Jesus didn't rise on the Sabbath. He rose on the day after. Is there anywhere in the Bible that connects the two?

You didn't address anything I said. You keep ignoring what you can't seem to answer.
It's a new term mentioned in Revelation. There is either evidence it's the Sabbath or there isn't. I don't see any. You can't seem to provide any evidence for it being the Sabbath. If you can I sure would love to hear it.

Are you SDA? You remind me of SDA's. Harping away at the Sabbath, even with people that agree with Sabbath adherence, like the Messianics.

This conversation isn't even about the Sabbath. That's not mentioned in this part of Revelation. This conversation is about the Lord's day. So it's up to you to prove they are the same. Because when I read something with a different name I assume it's different. Otherwise why refer to it with a different name? That makes no sense.

You still can't answer a very simple question:
Why didn't John just say he was in the spirit on the Sabbath if it was indeed the Sabbath?
Please just answer that one question.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are saying the Lord's Day is the Sabbath.
Its the only day God claimed to be His holy day. God said all other days are working days Exo 20:9 so no other day could be the Lords day except for the day God claimed to be His in His very own Words- Exo 20:10 Isa 58:13. Do you have a verse where God claimed any other day? If so, please share.
Yet you don't produce anything to support that. If something is new in the Bible I don't have to prove anything about it because it's new.
Yes, you do. The verse does not say the first day is the Lord's Day, you would need that in order to make your case.
I don't understand what your difficult with this comes from. We're not taking anything away from the Sabbath. Yet you are acting like we are when discussing this. Jesus didn't rise on the Sabbath. He rose on the day after. Is there anywhere in the Bible that connects the two?
No one is not saying that Jesus didn't rise on the first day. Jesus rested on the seventh day even in death and never told anyone about the first day being the new Lord's day, or a new day of worship, or a new holy day, or the new Sabbath. A text would be important if we are to live by every Word. mat 4:4

Upvote 0