War and Revolution (Warning! Strong images in post)

CCGirl

Resident Commie
Sep 21, 2005
Canada
✟27,370.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
capt.mosb12609031702.russia_school_seizure_mosb126.jpg

Beslan Massacre

Upvote 0

aaronchall

The alakazicious
Jun 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Visit site
✟7,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus told his followers to carry a sword. Luke 22 says: "36He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."
38The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords."
"That is enough," he replied."

If I had a sword and a bad man came to my home to steal, kill, and destroy, I'd take his life.

If he came to my neighbors house, I'd take his life there too.

Who's your neighbor? The guy who lives next door? The good samaritan? The defenseless people in Iraq?

There are lots of victims worldwide, and we can't go everywhere. (I'd like to go take out Mugabe in Zimbabwe. He's killed many political opponents and subverted property rights. I'd also like to liberate Muslim people from their theocratic leaders and give them the choice to leave the religion.)

I also know that he who lives by the sword dies by it, and I'd like to live a long and prosperous life.

I'm conflicted... Sacrifice my life to get other people out of hell? Jesus did it. Should we do it?

Upvote 0

ShieldOFaith

Aug 18, 2007
✟3,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First off Shield, what's with the size?

Yeah, sure Shield. I hate the USA. Because the US - after all - is a hellish war driven maniacal nation, eh?
Such nonsense! I hate war. I think we - especially you Shield - take too lightly on it.

I find it interesting that you equate what I said with me hating America. I can see why you say so, it is a good way of diverting attention from your own shortcomings and obviously wickedly twisted perceptions.

And by extension 'if you want peace, go to war'?

I never said I wanted to take away anyone's guns. Though I might like it if YOURS were. Before you use them on homosexuals or 'communists' I mean.

So you'd support anyone so long as they were president of the US? Why all this talk about 'bloody revolution' then?

Ignorance, meet thy greatest friend and ally.

Yeah. Awesome. Real awesome that you opened the door for Islamists to rule in Iraq, alienated the west, destabilized the middle east and increased terrorist recruitment too. Real awesome.

“Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.” (Dalai Lama)

The Dalai Lama would get rolled up by the 82nd Airborn Div..

If my life is on the line, who would I rather have at my back? The Lama, or the All Americans of the 82nd Airborn Division???

You can take the Lama, I'll take the 82nd!

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
WHY?

Avatar, who would you rather have at your back if your life is on the line???

The 82nd Airborn Division, or the Lama?

Why is the 82nd Airborne hiding behind me? Really, I'm not that tough. Shouldn't they be out in front?

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus told his followers to carry a sword. Luke 22 says: "36He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."
38The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords."
"That is enough," he replied."

If I had a sword and a bad man came to my home to steal, kill, and destroy, I'd take his life.

If he came to my neighbors house, I'd take his life there too.

Who's your neighbor? The guy who lives next door? The good samaritan? The defenseless people in Iraq?

There are lots of victims worldwide, and we can't go everywhere. (I'd like to go take out Mugabe in Zimbabwe. He's killed many political opponents and subverted property rights. I'd also like to liberate Muslim people from their theocratic leaders and give them the choice to leave the religion.)

I also know that he who lives by the sword dies by it, and I'd like to live a long and prosperous life.

I'm conflicted... Sacrifice my life to get other people out of hell? Jesus did it. Should we do it?

We should. But not in violence. The bible also says to turn the other cheek, to give robbers more than they ask for. To love and pray for those who persecute us. When Peter used his sword to defend Christ Jesus told him to put it away.

Despite all this, there are situations when I would take up a weapon. Though this would only be in defense of weak people. Not in defense of land or property. And never ever lightly. If there is even a faint glimmer of possibility that doing what Gandhi did can work, then that will be the course I choose. Even if it is harder and more dangerous. At least I pray God will equip me for such a battle rather than one with guns and bombs.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm curious why no one references the old testament. Half of it was about wars that God blessed and influenced.

Oh, and a random picture with a text caption and no link to a credible source is speculative.

The pictures I have supplied could be made up for all I know and care. Wars are this bad and worse. They served their purpose I hope. Saving Private Ryan's opening scene was not real, but it made me feel like vomiting nevertheless; It was not real but it was accurate

Upvote 0

cgid3

Mar 12, 2007
Louisiana
✟7,798.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The pictures I have supplied could be made up for all I know and care. Wars are this bad and worse. They served their purpose I hope. Saving Private Ryan's opening scene was not real, but it made me feel like vomiting nevertheless; It was not real but it was accurate

You just said you do not know, or care if the pictures were real or fabricated. Yet, you decide to post them to portray the horrors of war, which you admittited to drawing your vast experience in military matters from hollywood. Movies are artistic depictions of a scenario by the wrriter and director. All news is biased, be it anti-war or troop-supportive. So the only people who know whats going on are the men and women policing the area right now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LonesomeTexan

Veteran
Jun 24, 2007
North of Houston
✟19,404.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
http://youtube.com/watch?v=U8HYaDqqsS0&feature=related

those filthy American savages!!! how dare they treat those Iraqi children like that?

War is hell, but in a world were evil exists, it's guaranteed. It's not something we should look foward to, but there are great outcomes and noble things that are accomplished through it.

Upvote 0

phoenixgw

Dec 21, 2006
Sojourner
✟940.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It doesn’t matter what Americans think; it matters what they do. Voting for McCain or Obama will accomplish nothing. Lobbying Congress for impeachment accomplishes nothing. Try to report govt. corruption on MSM and you’ll end up dead like Tim Russert.

The Provost Marshal (CID) (The NCIS guys on TV) should have arrested the White House gang a long time ago and initiated a thorough investigation of the crimes committed by the Bush Admin. The Provost Marshal, Brigadier General Rodney Johnson, might as well be a cardboard cut-out for all the good he is. In other words, all legal remedies have been corrupted. The Constitution has been ignored.

What does that leave you to do? Secession? Revolt? Both are suicide solutions. The only viable option I see left is to attack the economic spine of the regime. Without your money, the economy will collapse along with the regime. Any cash or investments that you have you should cash out immediately and buy gold. Do not put it in a bank. If you are about to lose your house, accidents happen. Some boiling oil left unattended on the stove will eliminate the home and drain hundreds of thousands from the bank. If a million people did this, the banks would fall like dominoes, as would Bush’s military backed regime.

The only way to stop this Tower of Babel Bush has made is to tear it down and rebuild America. What have you got to lose?

Upvote 0