✟8,440.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Funny how people forget Berlin.
The Berlin Wall was designed to keep people in, not out.

I don't suppose you're aware of how the Mexican government is encouraging people to enter the US illegally and siphon off money from our local economies? How about the ones that drive illegally (and drunk) and kill law-abiding citizens? In my home town of Nashville, TN; eight brothels catering to hispanic men have been shut down, rescuing girls as young as sixteen. It's not right and fair for us natural-born Americans to have to learn Spanish so we can cater to their desires.

I have a solution for the illegal immigration from Mexico. All we need to do is annex the northernmost portion of the country, and reduce the border between our two countries. Fifty-four states would be okay with me. Of course, we'd have to upgrade the infrastructure of these areas to get them up to snuff with the rest of the country.
Yeah, the Canadians are welcome to apply for statehood, too.

I can hear Rhett Bulter now, "All you got is cotton and arrogance."

Upvote 0

Bunnaroo

"Hare Force" Intelligence
May 26, 2005
front of a computer
✟8,440.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Building the fence is nothing but a tax payer funded waste of money. It's going to take a lot more than concrete to stop people from wanting to come here.
Be careful about the term "taxpayer funded waste of money." I've had that term applied to me, personally, twice. (I am classified as a Statistician for the State of Tennessee.)

I agree that it'll take more than a wall to keep people out. We also need to stop slashing the hamstring of law enforcement so they can get these people out and keep them out. (Two border agents have been sentenced to 12 and 11 years for shooting an illegal (in the buttocks) that was fleeing them. He was also carrying illegal drugs, too.) Local authorities don't have the ability to deport these people when they have broken another of our laws, so they go free and are allowed to stay here.

Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't suppose you're aware of how the Mexican government is encouraging people to enter the US illegally and siphon off money from our local economies?

How so?
How about the ones that drive illegally (and drunk) and kill law-abiding citizens?

How about all the good Americans who do the same?

In my home town of Nashville, TN; eight brothels catering to hispanic men have been shut down, rescuing girls as young as sixteen.

They should be shut down.

It's not right and fair for us natural-born Americans to have to learn Spanish so we can cater to their desires.

Never heard an illegal tell us we had to. Most immigrants I know want to learn English, there's just not enough ESL teachers out there.

Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Be careful about the term "taxpayer funded waste of money." I've had that term applied to me, personally, twice. (I am classified as a Statistician for the State of Tennessee.)

Didn't mean to offend. I apologize if I did.

I agree that it'll take more than a wall to keep people out. We also need to stop slashing the hamstring of law enforcement so they can get these people out and keep them out. (Two border agents have been sentenced to 12 and 11 years for shooting an illegal (in the buttocks) that was fleeing them. He was also carrying illegal drugs, too.) Local authorities don't have the ability to deport these people when they have broken another of our laws, so they go free and are allowed to stay here.

It's going to take more than the US becoming a police state. We have to address the issue of why they're coming over here. I know in many cases the difference between coming here or staying in their country is a matter of life or death for their families. Many immigrants come from very impovershed towns whose residents suffer from malnutrition, preventable diseases, and class/government oppression.

If we were living in those conditions, do you think we'd hesitate to come here to look for work even if it meant breaking the law?

We do have to do something about the gang problem, though. Our policy of repatriation of El Salvadorans back in the 80's has led to an explosion of gangs in Central America who have guerilla training. We need to address that as well.

As far as terrorists, didn't most of the 9/11 ones come in on visas?

Upvote 0

Bunnaroo

May 26, 2005
front of a computer
✟8,440.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

They arrive in the US, work for cash, "under the table", and send the money home to the family in Mexico. That's money that is not spent at the local stores or taxed by the local and national governments.

How about all the good Americans who do the same?
There's a difference. The American has the right to be driving on our road. An Illegal immigrant has taken the liberty of driving, and may not have the basic knowledge of the rulle of the road.

Never heard an illegal tell us we had to.
I have, but then again, I was a fifth grade teacher in the public school system at the time. My biggest problem kids were "English Language Learners". (We cannot call them ESL anymore.) I had one that would act up and then give the blank "I don't understand" look. One of my co-teachers told him in fluent Spanish,"If you truly don't understand, I can call your mother and tell her about it."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bunnaroo

May 26, 2005
front of a computer
✟8,440.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Didn't mean to offend. I apologize if I did.

Fret not. I use that line, or a derivative of it, a lot when people grumble about government employees. ;)
The Mexicans coming in to the US aren't fleeing anything but poverty. The funny thing is that a coyote typically costs more than the fees to get a visa to work in the US.

Yes the 9/11 terrorists did come in legally, which goes to show that one can do more damage by following the rules up to the point of need.
</IMG>

Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[/color][/size][/font]They arrive in the US, work for cash, "under the table", and send the money home to the family in Mexico. That's money that is not spent at the local stores or taxed by the local and national governments.

They may not all pay income tax but everyone pays sales tax. And to the intent of my original question, how is the Mexican government encouraging this?

There's a difference. The American has the right to be driving on our road. An Illegal immigrant has taken the liberty of driving, and may not have the basic knowledge of the rulle of the road.

[/quote] I grew up with the understanding that it was a priviledge for any one to drive. I agree about the rules of the road, though. I've been in Mexico and Guatemala, and they're philosophy is to just get where they need to be irregardless of posted signs.

I have, but then again, I was a fifth grade teacher in the public school system at the time. My biggest problem kids were "English Language Learners". (We cannot call them ESL anymore.) I had one that would act up and then give the blank "I don't understand" look. One of my co-teachers told him in fluent Spanish,"If you truly don't understand, I can call your mother and tell her about it."[/quote]

I grew up in El Paso and on the New Mexico border. I won't deny there were some who had a major chip on their shoulder, by and large most adults (the kids I dismissed as being rebellious just like American kids) wanted to learn English. I also learned that if the community came together to help those, that they would assimilate into the US culture more readily. But unfortunately, most Americans didn't want anything to do with them, and they acted in the only way they knew how.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Funny how people forget Berlin.
I didn't see in the article, that sniper towers would be built, the space around the wall mined and razor wire being used.:scratch:

We're talking about slowing the flow, not killing the illegals....well most of us aren't.(Jacey:wave: )

The boundry is only one part.
There will be more agents, use of modern technology to
find these groups crossing the border.

We need to punish the people that support the illegals.
Business and renters offer a place to work and a place to sleep. Without either the US would be a lot harder to
thrive.
We need to stop giving benefts to non-citizens. No education, no welfare, etc. (NOTE:healthcare isn't a handout, they must be treated, and a bill sent to them.
Of course they won't be able to pay it, and probably will have given a fake address.)

No squater citizenship.

Upvote 0