Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To walk together as disciples of Jesus is to walk first with Jesus Christ.

In the Gospel, in John 14:6, we find the confirmation of Jesus: "I am the way, the truth and the life...". Then, in Acts 9:2, Saul uses the term "the path" in reference to following the Lord and His Gospel. So to follow Jesus, to be and live as Christians, means that we finally live as "congregants" and this already happens from the moment of our baptism. We all walk as the Church of Christ on a journey that we do together as Christians of course, but the question that should be asked from the beginning is this: "Journey with whom?"
The word "synod" comes directly from the Greek meaning "to walk with...". However, what is important and the most fundamental (aspect), I would say, that must be clarified immediately in order not to skew our reflection on synodality, is the meaning and the real object of the Greek preposition "plus" (συν). It does not refer to the "process" but to "someone" with whom it is carried out and completed. The meaning of the synod is not that of "all together", but rather that of "I walk with". It is the object or person "with which" the preposition "plus" connects us and brings us together. It does not refer to the road, nor to us Christians, laity, priests, bishops. This "plus", this "with", this Greek preposition connects us Christians and leads us to a Person who is Christ. Therefore, a first clarification should be made: it is not a march of "all together" but rather a "march of all together with Christ". We do not forget that this "with Christ" is completed in the Church, which is nourished and takes life from the Precious Gifts of His precious Body and Blood. - Bishop Manuel Nin, Greek Byzantine Catholic apostolic exarch to Greece.

Continued below.